March 2015 Moms

Melt Downs??

How do you handle them? I took my baby camping for the day at a family reunion and from the minute we stepped out of the car my LO started screaming her head off the way I've never seen her. New faces scared her, the sun was bright, whatever it was I couldn't soothe her. After an hour, I just left. I was so embarrassed! Has anyone had these experiences? I'm normally totally confident and can take her anywhere and now I'm afraid to go anywhere at all with her.

Re: Melt Downs??

• We kinda started that a few weeks ago. I found its because she was being worn by me in so many places and they I started using the stroller more since she can sit up pretty well. Well... That sent her over the edge. I've decided to keep wearing her in the Ergo when we go places where there will be a lot of people. She does much better that way for us! If that doesn't work just do short trips just to keep it as a habit and that way you don't just stop going places. It will be a lot worse if you don't expose her to being out.
  • I agree with PP. Just think of every outing as practice, the only way she'll get better is to keep practicing. Don't be embarrassed, babies cry and fuss, it's normal. As our babies develop, their little brains are observing and learning. There will be times that they get overstimulated, just make sure she feels safe and is comforted by your presence.
  • Loading the player...
  • That'd happened to me quite a few times recently. My LO gets that way around my mom, sis, bro, and my in laws sometimes. I try not to force him to stay with them when he's crying. I just take him and soothe him. He also may fuss when we're out at the market or the mall. I just calm him down, and continue taking him our for walks and little trips to the market every day. Sometimes I wear him in my Moby carrier, sometimes in the stroller. I think he'll get used to it once he's a little older.