December 2015 Moms

Inbetween shirts

I'm not quite ready for maternity shirts, but my shirts are getting to be a little short and I need something longer. Does anyone have any suggestions that I can wear to work, short of some serious shopping/trying on clothes. Shopping is something I love to do, but it tires me out so easily now.

Re: Inbetween shirts

• Dresses. Wear all the dresses.
  • Unfortunately, I work in a chemistry laboratory and I have to wear pants. I suppose I could wear dresses over pants lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Can you do leggings and a dress or tunic? I bought the most delightful maternity leggings.
  • Maybe a cami under your shirts, but that may get hot lol
  • Layer the shirts with long tanks
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have a few maternity belly bands with lace at the bottom. They just look like you layered a long tank under your shirt. And you can wear your regular jeans/pants unbuttoned with them if you want. Search bellaband on Amazon.

imageimage

• MegStark said:

I have a few maternity belly bands with lace at the bottom. They just look like you layered a long tank under your shirt. And you can wear your regular jeans/pants unbuttoned with them if you want. Search bellaband on Amazon.

I was also going to suggest belly bands, I didn't know lace ones exist(have to get me some of those)
  • Go to a consignment store and get some maternity shirts that aren't quite so big.
    Me: 33, DH: 32  
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
  • Destination maternity has some great basic t's that are longer but are supposed to grow with you. They were buy one, get one for for $5 last time I was there!
  • If you can get away with wearing some of your old shirts and it's only length that's the problem, I highly recommend Forever21's long-line cami. It is super stretchy, super long, yet still snaps back into shape after a wash. And they're like $4 so you don't feel guilty stretching them out with time. Plus, there's tons of easy tutorials online of how you can then turn them into nursing tanks!
  • I had to buy maternity pants when I was 12 weeks pregnant. I have to wear pants at work, not leggings or dresses, and I could no longer fit into any of my old pants. I never tried a band because I was just so uncomfortable in my own pants. I got black maternity skinnies from h&m. I love them. The material is amazing. And I can still wear my regular shirts with them.
  • Thanks everyone. I can wear a couple of my shirts with a belly band - thank goodness. I still need to get some longer ones though because the band goes down to below my zipper and the shirts are coming up to right below my belly button. I don't think it looks that good. Shopping, here I come!
  • It's still Spring/Summer time you should be able to find some longer flowy shirts for pretty cheap. Luckily, most of my wardrobe was already all the flowy blouses. PinkBlush Maternity has some pretty cute stuff at alright prices and its online so not activiely shopping.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Personally, I LOVE me some hanes tagless tees and men's shirts. 
  • I know you said no shopping, but H&M has long cami's that are like usually only $4-6 they are so cheap I bought a lot and wear them everyday with a cute cardigan or something similar. Maybe you could order them online? I hear ya about the shopping being tiring! 
  • amye02amye02 member
    Picked up a few long tank tops at Motherhood on sale 3 for $20. And target now carries a $16 belly band
  • Whovian84Whovian84 member
    edited July 2015
    Right now, beach tunics/coverups are starting to go on sale and some of them just look like colorful shirts--so that might be a good idea if you layer over a tank top.