August 2015 Moms
Options

How are our preemies and their moms doing?

What gestation did you deliver? How old is your LO now? Any new changes in how they are doing? How is mama doing in postpartum?
Pregnancy Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How are our preemies and their moms doing?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @emmacake08 yeah it was upsetting when she got it but also relieving. I always felt stressed out when it came time to feed her so it took away some of the pressure. Thank you :)
  • Options
    @emmacake08 getting past the last couple hurdles to get home can take some time & I'm trying so hard to be patient. She had a caffeine booster which helped her apnea spells. She started taking all feeds by mouth again & her feeding tube will be back out tomorrow. Praying that her respiratory system will mature enough by the time the caffeine is out of her system so that we can pass a car seat test in the next week & maybe go home! Thanks for all the support :)
  • Options
    kedbach said:

Mallory was born at 36 weeks, 5 days, not really considered a "premie" but by their standards, she was not full-term! We spent 6 days in the NICU and we're finally home! It's going to be a long road for us all, as she has a bi-lateral brachial plexus injury she incurred during delivery (her shoulders were stuck and dr. Basically yanked her out of me), but other than that, she is absolutely perfect. Her right arm is in worse shape than the left. She can move her fingers, wrists, and sometimes have a little flex in her elbow but other than that, her arm is pretty much limp :( . She will most likely need years of physical therapy and intervention, but we are so thankful for our sweet, perfect girl! I am doing pretty well- I have a 4th degree tear since she had to be pulled out of me (let me tell you- this brings the whole "the first time you poop after delivery is horrifying" thing to a whole new level) That was pretty painful!!! Other than that, I'm still having so much swelling in my legs (and boobs), so breastfeeding is rather difficult, but we are getting there! Hope all of you other mamas, babies, and daddies are doing well! </blockquote

@kedbach T&p's for both of you & your recoveries. Where did you get that headband?! Soo adorable

• Options
    Thank you @CarelessDiva89 ! It was s gift so I'm not sure!!
  • Options
    Glad to hear from you @kedbach ! You and sweet Mallory sound like strong ladies! Sorry to hear about her birth injury but I'm sure with her amazing parents, it will improve. Glad to hear you're healing and everyone is home together. Enjoy your little precious one! I'm sure you have loads of insight for us bumpies now that you've been through it all.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you so much @emmacake08 :x I'm not going to the July board no matter what! I'm here for all of you ladies! I know I'm not an expert but if anyone has questions, fire away!
  • Options
    I saw your post @carleyec93 about LO being in the hospital for jaundice. Hope she's home soon and it isn't too stressful!

@CarelessDiva89 saw your update on Kinsley. We were at the apnea stage of care with LOs for 10 days. Every day we went we dreaded asking the nurses if they had an episode. It's so frustrating knowing you've got 5 more days! Hope you're doing well tough mama!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @DSculley1824 little Ryan looks so cute! So great to hear that he can do partial feeds on his own. He's got a great weight too! I hope you're all home together soon.

@Clovell23 glad to hear about baby Lillian (beautiful name)! Keep us updated about how she's doing and how you are. Hope she's off cpap soon and tackling her feeds!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Stay strong mommas! Glad to hear all your little ones are moving right along! I have so much admiration for all of you. Anytime you all need anything just let us know. Thoughts and prayers for you all.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

I saw your post @carleyec93 about LO being in the hospital for jaundice. Hope she's home soon and it isn't too stressful!

@CarelessDiva89 saw your update on Kinsley. We were at the apnea stage of care with LOs for 10 days. Every day we went we dreaded asking the nurses if they had an episode. It's so frustrating knowing you've got 5 more days! Hope you're doing well tough mama!

Yes her apnea spells are her biggest challenge right now. I can't believe she is 1 month old Today. Thank you for all the support. Definitely makes me feel so much better when I'm having a rough day! :)
  • Options
    @kedbach she is beautiful
  • Options

Baby Lucy is 4 days old and enjoying some time under the lights in the NICU! She was born at 37+2. We will probably be here in the NICU for a few days. She didn't pass her hearing test in her right ear so we need to get that checked again, but otherwise she is doing well! Taking her feedings well. She sprayed her dad with poop this morning, so the doctor is confident that will bring her bilirubin levels down quite a bit ;)

@carleyec93 Aren't babies AMAZING?! I was changing LO & thank goodness I was standing on the side because she sprayed poop twice & it literally shot 2 feet hit the cabinets in the nicu & made a pile the size of my Palm on the floor. Not to mention what landed in her bed & on my hand. The nurses were very impressed & laughing so hard wanting to take a picture of it. (We didn't though ) :))
  • Options
    @CountingMyBlessings Cora looks so sweet! It's so good to hear that she is so healthy. It is amazing that even just a matter of a few days can make a difference in a preemie taking all feeds by bottle. I'm crossing my fingers that those days are coming soon for you. Hope your upcoming surgery goes well and you're all home together soon. I'm sure you're doing amazing balancing it all. Try not to be hard on yourself.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

@CountingMyBlessings Cora looks so sweet! It's so good to hear that she is so healthy. It is amazing that even just a matter of a few days can make a difference in a preemie taking all feeds by bottle. I'm crossing my fingers that those days are coming soon for you. Hope your upcoming surgery goes well and you're all home together soon. I'm sure you're doing amazing balancing it all. Try not to be hard on yourself.

Thank you
  • Options
    Hey August Mammas
    I delievered at 32 weeks 6 days on July 9th, My due date was August 28th.

She is doing so well, all of the nurses love her and tell us every day how strong she is.
    Olivia is 1 week 3 days old. She is on Photo Therapy for just a little bit longer, and gain a bit of weight. She was born 3lbs 15oz and now weighs 4lbs. 1oz.

I'm doing amazing although some days it's hard to go home without her. I am waiting for the day we can bring her home.