October 2015 Moms

edited July 2015 in October 2015 Moms
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
:) visit my blog to get easy recipes & mom stuff: http://somestufforwhatever.wordpress.com  :)

Re: .

• First, where are these well behaved kids you speak of???

Second, do the kids annoy you or does the mother annoy you? Kids are generally products of their environments and if they annoy you, you need to step back and locate the cause. Kids aren't adults and you shouldn't treat them as your equals (i.e. don't get annoyed with them like you would an adult, they don't know any better and you are wasting your energy.) To me, it sounds as if the father just needs to step up his dad game. If the kids are treating him like a baby-sitter, or are disrespectful, there should  be consequences for their behavior because that is what a parent would do (vs. a baby-sitter). It sounds like SO is on the dangerous path of having a child that he will favor other the others and you are with him to support this decision. 

Third, how often does he see his kids? Is the time well spent together and do they have chores and responsibilities at your house? Why does he have their best interest at heart over the mother? Am I missing something? Parenting is hard work and we can't blame our child's attitudes towards us as parents on anyone but ourselves. If they don't respect him as their father, and you as their step mother, I'd suggest to not give up, and to work hard at establishing the relationship you all want. But honestly, it sounds as though you want nothing to do with them and maybe you want him to give up?
    July Siggy Challenge
    Favorite Childhood TeeVee Show
    Today's Special
  • edited July 2015
    :) visit my blog to get easy recipes & mom stuff: http://somestufforwhatever.wordpress.com  :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Sigh. I feel like we're in an episode of sick sad world.
  • "Homer Simpsoned into the hedge"!!! Ha! I love ya, @bbiutmcph!
    July Siggy Challenge
    Favorite Childhood TeeVee Show
    Today's Special
  • Feelings are mutual @BoomBarian

@mariahOBrien ......  :\"> .......@furelise93 .....yes yes yes !!  =D>

• Anyone have a cached version of the thread from before the deletion? Id seriously hate having to toss out this popcorn..
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited July 2015
    @BoomBarian I don't think you're an a-hole. I responded and deleted it because I felt I wasn't articulating the situation clearly. I just needed to vent a little. I'd brought it up because of an email I received from either What To Expect or The Bump with forum posts about stepmoms who felt similarly about their situation. I thought I was strange for feeling the way I did. Anywho, sorry for deleting it but I do appreciate your input.