Trouble TTC
Options

Who doesn't love being broke? Not anybody doing IVF, that's for sure.

Because I know that I do! Running tally so far this round of IVF? $22k. 10k in meds. MEDS. I'm a low responder, so I require a lot of meds. But that's almost double the first time. Looks like I won't be turning down that new client lead. Good grief.
Me: 41, DH 38, Diagnosis DOR
Started TTC 12/2013
First Trip to RE: 11/2014
IVF Round 1: 2/2014 - BFP
DD Born 11/9/2014
TTC a Sibling Started 5/2015
First IVF Round 8/15 - BFN
Taking a break to go on vacation + enjoy the holidays before FET and/or another IVF round in 2016!

Re: Who doesn't love being broke? Not anybody doing IVF, that's for sure.

• Options
    I'm sorry! I wish the prices weren't so insane, or that at least all insurance companies covered treatment (at LEAST the meds). We don't get paid maternity leave, once you get pregnant the appointments are covered, but if you require medical intervention to get pregnant it's most likely not covered, but birth control is covered? It just doesn't add up. So what is it higher powers of the government, do you want women to ever have babies or not??

I can sympathize with you because my insurance doesn't cover fertility treatments at all. It doesn't feel fair. Buuuut if I don't want to have babies all the BC is covered. Ugh.

I wish you lots of baby dust this round!!!!!!! Fx that this is your cycle :) and I hope your new client lead will help immensely with paying for your IVF.
  • Options
    The price of injects is OUTRAGEOUS. To make matters worse, I heard that overseas the price for the same exact meds is less than half... from the same companies. We're being robbed.

Married for 7 years, TTC for 4 years
    dx:  Diminished Ovarian Reserve
    2 Clomid IUI's + 4 injectable IUI's= 5 BFNs and 1 mc

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @jnissa I am truly sorry that you have to go through that stress because the process isn't stressful enough. I wish you nothing but the best and FX you get a BFP soon!!!!
    Kristy
  • Options
    jnissajnissa member
    @goldenkeys - we actually have EU citizenship and considered going overseas for exactly that reason. At the end of the day though, we thought the stress of having to do it all on my own (he'd have to stay here) in a place where my native language isn't the first language was going to be worse than watching the money sale out. I think that was the right call. And we're still within the insane "budget" we set, so, well, there's that. 

I will say this to Freedom pharmacy's credit, that woman on the phone with me today was so apologetic that she even had to tell me the number. She just kept saying, "I feel so sorry for you. I wish we had some coupons for any of your meds."

Ramen is good. Everybody loves ramen :) 
    Me: 41, DH 38, Diagnosis DOR
    Started TTC 12/2013
    First Trip to RE: 11/2014
    IVF Round 1: 2/2014 - BFP
    DD Born 11/9/2014
    TTC a Sibling Started 5/2015
    First IVF Round 8/15 - BFN
    Taking a break to go on vacation + enjoy the holidays before FET and/or another IVF round in 2016!

• Options
    Gosh I feel for you...that is insane! We've been lucky that most meds thus far have been covered because their 'main' use isn't fertility (Letrozole is for breast cancer, and prometrium is for menopause). Only Ovidrel has cost me $100 a pop. How infertility isn't covered is beyond me (as far as I know, it's some piece of equipment not working quite right, like for all other disorders/illnesses). I think I saw a post yesterday on the Infertility board about someone who did some price comparison for meds and bought from different places to reduce costs. Hopefully, it's too late for you and you won't to buy any of those again, but it might be helpful to some. Best of luck to you!
  • Options
    I don't even want to think about what I've spent just on IUIs so far.  I know we might move towards IVF eventually.

My mortgage company then adjusted my escrow for increased property taxes, and I just about had a meltdown.  Everything in my budget is already so tight! 
    Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)