August 2015 Moms
Options

1cm at 36 weeks

Any of you ladies having strong contractions already. I went to the ER because my lower waist felt like it was coming apart. Got checked not in labor but I'm 1cm dilated. She wants to come already .. I'm so ready for her too. #teamnosleep

Re: 1cm at 36 weeks

• Options
    @gotdiesel2007 doc said if I went into labor they won't stop it. The checked the baby and they said she's healthy , it would be nice for her to stay in longer. But if I dilated fast it's on her now. These contractions are no joke
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Go #teamnosleep!

I don't know if I'm dilated or not since I don't expect my first internal until next week, but this girl has definitely engaged. Getting harder and harder to walk. And turning over in bed is even more difficult.

I'm beginning to feel ready for the end of this journey too.

Hang in there, mamma.
  • Options
    googlyeyes84googlyeyes84 member
    edited July 2015
    That's how mine began, she was turning head down almost 3 weeks ago and when I walked I felt like she was going to come out . Even to move in bed it was so hard. I can move a little more in bed but now I sleep on and off.

It's like after everything at the end it feels like the days just never get closer to due date lol.. @msmolecule

Hang in there also we are almost done
  • Options
    I'm 35 weeks and due to being high risk thanks to a LEEP, my doctor checked me to see how things are looking, since I do get periods of measurable contractions (and ocular migraines ).

Baby was at -1 station and head down, I'm 50% effaced, and 1/2 cm dialated.
    She thinks baby will be here before her due date. But I was 50% effaced at 34 weeks with dd1 too.. And she stuck around til 41 weeks!

The difference this time being, I'm having contractions pretty regular but not enough to make the hospital keep me (she sent me after my app) and I had cervical surgery done (the LEEP for cervical cancer thanks to the iud I had for 8 months after dd1 was born), so my cervix is different this time.

Not getting my hopes up on an early arrival only to go late again lol
  • Options
    Same here. I was at 1cm & 40 effaced at my 35 wk appointment. This little guy has been low for over a month now & it's super painful & totally feels like if I tried to push he'd come out! I'm going today & they're doing an ultrasound to check for size & fluid so we'll see how big he is & if I'm further dialated. Our house is under construction so I REALLY need him to stay in for 2 more weeks
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat. I was 1cm at 36 weeks. I've been admitted to the hospital twice due to mild preeclampsia and high blood pressure. Still when I was hooked up to the monitors I have a lot of contractions (at least I thought it was a lot). The doctors saw them but no one was concern about them and I was sent home on bedrest. Now I'm home and pains are getting stronger but not more frequent then when I was in the hospital. So I'm just sitting here suffering. I'm also a little embarrassed to make a fuss when I've been admitted twice in one week. I'm trying so hard to make to my appointment Monday.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    I've benn 2cm dilated 35 weeks, no baby came early on its own, not one of the other three times. I don't expect this one to either. Im got a lot of pelvic pain tho
  • Options
    @bhargrave88 oh wow my nurse told me swimming will help me relax if I get contractions. But weather out here in Illinois doesn't help.
    41 weeks is a lot of time. I hope you don't have to wait that long this time.

My doctor isn't going to let me go 40 weeks I'm scheduled to get induced August 6th. If she doesn't come sooner.
  • Options
    @rena1898 make sure you rest a lot, but than again if the baby wants out it will come. In with you tho I need two weeks also, but who knows I just wish the contractions would get a little mild. Sure that won't happen haha a woman can wish..
    Hope your baby comes out then or even closer to when everything is done at home for you
  • Options
    @Dajart4 it's ok if you go twice don't be embarrassed they would want you to be safe.
    Take it easy no bending down, I walk a little. And take warm showers before bed. It helps a lot but instill wake up when I get contractions.
    They should be able to give you an apt to follow up.

Hang in there almost done
  • Options
    If it makes you feel better, I also went to the hospital twice within one week with my first pregnancy- one time because the mucus plug came out, the other because I had a little blood.

Just found out I'm 1 cm dilated (they were doing the group b strep, so might as well let them check). Doc offered to schedule an induction because I did well with one the first time, but my plan is to wait and see how things shake out. If I'm not at least 3 cm dilated and can tolerate it, I'll keep holding on up until the 42 week mark.

My SI joint has also been a source of great discomfort, but I'm enjoying the fact that I don't hear that lil' one crying or have to change her diapers right now. It really is trading one set of annoyances for another when they're born, but so terribly, terribly worth it :-) 
  • Options
    @hollyberri aww see my baby is tiny so the doc told me I don't need the whole 40 weeks. She's about 5lbs and 8oz from last week they checked her. Idk if she's gain anything but i sure do feel it on my waist when I walk.

It's weird because some pain I can take but other I'm like breath breath hahah

I guess we can say pain is something woman are really good to take at the end of the pregnancy

Good luck Hun

I agree it's pain and the. The baby crying and changing diapers lol
  • Options
    googlyeyes84googlyeyes84 member
    edited July 2015
    @bpwife&mama my 1st baby was 42 weeks and he was 5lbs and 13oz. 17 inches. Pretty much a size of a premie baby. So he says my little girl will be small also. Small babies run in My family. Not a bad thing babies are healthy. I guess he doesn't want me to go over 40 weeks when we already know she will be a tiny baby
  • Options
    Oh yeah, keep that little one in there as long as possible! I'm not even going to consider the induction if I don't have to, but I do have big babies (last one was 9 lbs. 10 oz. and this one feels quite large as well). 

This morning, I felt lucky just to get my underwear on! LOL!
  • Options
    hollyberri said: 
    This morning, I felt lucky just to get my underwear on! LOL!

Oh yes. The struggle is real.
  • Options
    I went to my 34 wk appt yesterday, my doctor checked me bc I've been having lots of contractions over the last couple of weeks. She said I was 50% effaced & dialted to a 2. She put me on bed rest for the next 3 wks.
  • Options
    @hollyberri I'm hoping to keep her in all she needs but today the doctor checked me today and said her head is really low. She wouldn't doubt it if she was born by the end of this month
  • Options
    @msmolecule right I have the issue too my son always comes after I'm done changing to help me put lotion all the way down to my legs lol
  • Options
    I was 1cm dialated for 3 weeks before my due date with my first. Unfortunately, it doesn't really mean anything, she was 5 days late.
  • Options
    @Jeslanky I was hoping they wouldn't do that when I was 34 weeks because I was in your shoes contractions left to right. But I did a lot of resting, no bending down or picking up anything heavy. No vacuum like stuff like that . That helped a lot. But now I'm in the point were even if I rest contractions have kicked in every 20/30 min . And strong. So warm hot tub baths before bed tends to ease down the pain a little. I have one more week for 37 weeks so she said if the baby comes they won't stop her she's to low now

Good luck Hun take good care of yourself. Get tons of water and bed rest
  • Options
    @mrsrfwii they won't let me go over 40 weeks my babies are small I'm scheduled for induction at 39 weeks if she doesn't come sooner. I hope I don't go through having to wait at 1cm for too long . She's one healthy baby that's for sure. So I been told
  • Options
    @msmolecule right I have the issue too my son always comes after I'm done changing to help me put lotion all the way down to my legs lol
    I can't tell you how many times I went to the bathroom sometime in the afternoon to find that I had put my underwear on inside out. It's such a difficult task these days, that I only ever give it one attempt LOL
  • Options
    LAWAMFLAWAMF member
    FTM here. I am 34 and a half weeks and was having contractions while at work yesterday. I went home to rest, and then didn't feel the baby move for a few hours. I went to the hospital, because my Doc closes at noon on Friday. Baby moved as soon as the nurse came in the room. I was 2cm dilated, and having about 5 contractions an hour. They told me to take it easy until my appointment on Tuesday.

It is good to read that people can be a few cm dilated for weeks. I am more concerned about the contractions, than dilation.  I definitely want this guy to cook as long as possible. I have GD, so my doc is not letting me go past 40 weeks, but the nurse at L&D said that she just hopes he stays in there for another week or two. We will see!
  • Options
    @msmolecule I've done that too, and it's like ugh really? By the time I'm done I'm out of breath it's funny. My husband just says she's almost out. He tries to help. Lol all I can do is laugh about it but I do get frustrated some days
  • Options
    @LAWAMF I'm with you on the contractions. Contractions can hurt hang in there you want the baby at least 37 weeks before he comes. Try not to bend down a lot. I wa sin your shoes also. So I minimized a lot of my activity and the contractions are there but not often. Try taking warm shower were it hits your back for a bit, w some relaxing music . Or if you have a pool or a tub that will help take some weight off your back. It's hard to minimize activity but it's for the baby and good for you.

Hang in there Hun. You will be just fine baby will stay in for awhile