July 2015 Moms
Options

Sad news....trying to stay calm...loss mentioned

jtenkorangjtenkorang member
edited July 2015 in July 2015 Moms
hey, my best friend from college lost her son to SIDS today. He was 5 months old. He was at daycare when it happened :( he saved two lives in the end. But I just can't imagine losing my baby. I'm 35 weeks with twins and I'm just trying to stay calm so I don't go into labor. :-(. She lives very far away and I can't travel to see her. I'm so sad, I really want to be there for her. Sorry for the sad news tonight. It just hurts my soul.

Re: Sad news....trying to stay calm...loss mentioned

• Options
    That is so sad.  My thoughts and prayers will go to you and your friend tonight.  
  • Options
    I'm so sorry :(
    DD1: 3.27.2003
    DD2: 9.7.2008
    DS: 8.4.2015

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    T&P to both of you, this breaks my heart.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry. Thoughts and prayers for her family and you. Stay strong.
  • Options
    Nothing scares me more than SIDS. I will be thinking of you both.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry to hear this news. I'm thinking of you and your friend.
  • Options
    beeishbeeish member
    So sorry for your loss. My T&P are with you!
  • Options
    I can't imagine! I'll be Praying for your friend and for you!!!
  • Options
    :( so sorry.. God bless their baby.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. I've been dreaming about this poor little boy all night. At least I'm dreaming about him playing in heaven and how much he's having. I just don't even know how I would begin to cope with this type of sadness. I've checked in my daughter way too many times tonight. I know she's older but it still scares me.
  • Options
    What a nightmare. So so sorry to read this. I am definitely praying for this sweet family.
  • Options
    What terribly sad news. Thoughts and prayers are with your friend. SIDS is terrifying. I cannot imagine losing my little one. Hugs.
    image Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Beyond sad news, that is my (and every parent's) worst nightmare. Thought and prayers for you and your friend.
  • Options
    how heartbreaking. :(
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    Worst nightmare ever! I'm so sorry your friend is going through this. This is terrible news and at daycare ? Oh my God thoughts and prayers for you and your friend...
  • Options
    Prayers for this little boy's family. Heartbreaking.
  • Options
    May God comfort you and their family during this extremely hard time.
  • Options
    That is so heartbreaking. T&P to you and your friend.
    I can't imagine the guilt that the daycare workers must be feeling as well.

Just wanted to add- maybe you should add trigger warning or loss mentioned in the title of this thread.
  • Options
    This is heart breaking. I'm so sorry for your friend.
  • Options
    Soo sad. Prayers for sure. That's such a terrible & scary thing
  • Options
    U both are in my prayers! God doesn't put more on us then we can bare even tho something like this feels unbearable...my condolences!! Gosh this breaks my heart. I worry every single day about my unborn just wanting him healthy. :(
  • Options
    I am so sorry to hear this...this scares me to death! This happened to my friends daughter 2 months ago...a foundation called the thomas hilt Allen foundation reached out to her and paid for the funeral expenses...its a foundation for families who have lost children to SIDS...if u wanna do something for her there r these things called Molly Bears and they make a teddy bear with the weight and i believe size of the baby when it passed away...its a non profit and the proceeds go to research on SIDS. Again i am so sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    I am so very sorry! Thoughts and prayers for your friend.
  • Options
    This is so heartbreaking. My prayers are with you and your friend's family. I'm sitting here looking at my baby and can't imagine how I'd get through something like that.
  • Options
    Absolutely heart wrenching. I can't even imagine what they are going through. I am a little blown away that it happened at Day Care, my expectation when my DS was at Day Care was that they were watching him 24/7, even while sleeping, so it bothers me that no one working there noticed the baby had stopped breathing. I am sure that a full investigation was conducted, but I just can't even imagine...every parents' worst nightmare. Many many thoughts and prayers to help them through this difficult time.
  • Options
    Such a scary and devastating loss for this poor family, and for it to happen at a daycare. I pray that this family is able to find forgiveness in their hearts as I know myself I don't know how I would ever live with that. Thoughts and prayers for you and your friend at this horrific time.
  • Options
    THank you for sharing these resources! They have a go fund account set up and only after 3 hours they almost have $5000 for his funeral costs but I did share the information you gave me. I hope they are able to do something with those organizations. I'm sure she will as she is a sweet caring and loving individual who strives to stay involved. Especially since she's a therapist herself. Thanks again!!
  • Options
    So sorry for your friends loss. She gained a guardian angel watching over her in heaven. I fear of SIDS all the time. I only had my daughter home 3 days now & sometimes I just lay awake watching her sleep.
  • Options
    My condolences..
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your friends loss... It is something I cannot even imagine and is terrifying just to think of... Please know your friend and her families is on my thoughts and prayerd
  • Options
    I'm sorry for your friends loss. SIDS scares me like I'm sure it does any parent. We purchased the Snuza hero breathing and movement monitor. It clips on babies diaper and counts breathing and movement. If baby doesn't breath for more than 15 seconds it vibrates to wake baby and if that doesn't work than and alarm goes off at 20 seconds. It was $120 at babies r us and let me tell you, it has given me so much peace of mind even though he sleeps 2 ft from me. It's something to look into.
  • Options
    Thanks! I am looking into those. But I'm having twins so I'd need 2 of them :(
  • Options
    Have you had your baby shower yet? Could always ask for it they way?
  • Options
    I'm not having one. I had one with my daughter and she's only 16 months old.
  • Options
    Thinking of you x