Trouble TTC

TTTC Checkin - 07/13/2015

Checkin time, everyone!  What's going on this week? Post any updates... and good luck this cycle!

Congratulations to the following BFPs!

stac12679: dx: Bilateral tubal blockage  treatment: mini IVF

PAGING:

@GoldenKeys: dx:unexplained  treatment: currently benched, getting healthy
@kittycap  dx: PCOS  treatment: Clomid
@kristylang dx:Low counts/quality  treatment: Clomid+IUI
@jurba25 dx:PCOS/hypothyroidism  treatment: Clomid
@starlitfae dx:Unexplained, thyroid  treatment: Synthroid, femara, trigger+IUI
@chaconvanessa: dx:testing phase  treatment: Charting
@KidShrink: dx:Immature follies, thin lining   treatment: Femara/Ovidrel/Prometrieum
@mandasand: dx: low AMH  treatment:IVF
@jnissa: dx: DOR   treatment: IVF
@AnnieBananie90:  dx: PCOS   treatment: Clomid + TI
@Boogaloou: dx: PCOS +MFI  treatment:metformin, femara, Purgon + IUI
@27alex: dx: unknown  treatment: waiting to test
@SmileyMcGee
@tiffk10: dx PCOS  treatment: Femara +TI
@J_k4ever05  dx: PCOS + MFI (morph)   treatment: benched/getting healthy
@nickis32: dx: Endo + MFI (morph)
@dmsmth
@lifeislove87 dx:autoimmune challenges
@Alyeena dx: PCOS + MFI  treatment: modified IVF + ISCI
@BlissfulWifey: dx: Anovulatory: Progesterone + trigger
@SandyBrook: dx: irregular bleeding  treatment: testing phase
@Aera11: dx:mild PCOS treatment: Clomid
@AndieB83: dx:unexplained  treatment: Clomid/IUI
@Cupcakegal930: dx: MFI: count and motility  treatment: IVF+ISCI
@graphicgranite: dx: Possible PCOS treatment: Clomid + testing
@eekers: Unexplained treatment:Femara, Ovidrel, Prometrium
@tripplek1988: dx: PCOS  treatment: Clomid
@amazeballz: DX: pcos treatment: TBD
@mmkipper: dx: MFI/motility treatment: Clomid + IUI
@ACleanLife24: dx: PCOS, MCTD and IBS:  treatment: testing phase
@Mando15: dx: PCOS  treatment: Clomid + IUI
@Inge Molon: dx: PCOS  treatment: Letrozole + Ovidrel
@AshleySchulte87: dx: PCOS, Premature ovarian failure   treatment:Clomid
NEWCOMERS:

To be added to the Weekly Checkin, please answer the following:

1.  How long have you been TTC?

2.  What is your diagnosis?

3.  What is your current treatment plan?

Question of the Week:   What is oldest piece of clothing that you own?

Married for 7 years, TTC for 4 years
dx:  Diminished Ovarian Reserve
2 Clomid IUI's + 4 injectable IUI's= 5 BFNs and 1 mc

Re: TTTC Checkin - 07/13/2015

• Hello everyone,

I'm kind of irritated/annoyed today.  In 2013, I had a huge fight with my insurance because they refused to cover my hysteroscopy and and some other IF treatments that were supposed to be covered according to my paperwork.  I fought with them for over a month about it, and even filed a grievance and review and got nowhere.    We ended up delaying the surgery until I could cancel my plan and get onto my husband's plan, which covered some, but not all of my treatment.  In fact, I am benched right now partially due to financial reasons.

So anyway, today I got a letter from my old insurance, a year and a half later, apologizing for "denying coverage in error" and offering to reimburse me if I paid for those treatments out of pocket while I was still on the plan (I didn't).   My blood is boiling because I went all the way up the food chain and they all told me that I was wrong and that the insurance company can do whatever it wants to anyway (basically).

I really, really hate insurance companies.

QOTW:  I have a navy blue mini-dress that I wore in college that used to look amazing on me.   I can probably only fit one leg into it now, but somehow I have fooled myself into believing that I will get back into it one day.

• jnissajnissa member
    Well, I've gone into full blown panic mode :) I mean, as much as I can since I'm a generally laid back whatever happens person. But we're still waiting on CD1 to start this IVF cycle and we went in today for the paperwork signing and the nurse was all "to go to retrieval we require five mature follicles and an E2 level of (I forget) or we'll switch you to insemination." And my stomach dropped out because the reality is that I was only able to produce five follicles total -  A YEAR AND A HALF AGO. DH calmed me down and reminded me that we didn't have expectations of this round working regardless. But there was that moment where I was in full panic. 

If we're talking clothing I don't wear, I have lots of my old little kid dance costumes still at my mom's (she won't let go). But my oldest pieces of clothing are some dresses my grandmother wore literally to, like, clean house in that I sometimes put on for special occasions. They are labeled a size 10 and are easily a size 6 by today's standards. It's funny how Gap changed clothing sizing forever. 
    Me: 41, DH 38, Diagnosis DOR
    Started TTC 12/2013
    First Trip to RE: 11/2014
    IVF Round 1: 2/2014 - BFP
    DD Born 11/9/2014
    TTC a Sibling Started 5/2015
    First IVF Round 8/15 - BFN
    Taking a break to go on vacation + enjoy the holidays before FET and/or another IVF round in 2016!

• Loading the player...
  • Warning: long update!
    We finally met with our RE Saturday afternoon. He was over an hour and a half late and we had out of town guests waiting for us at home. We were livid. After we discussed my recent symptoms further, he reiterated that endometriosis was a strong possibility. We also looked at my 3D ultrasound and the shape of my uterus was worse than I remembered. So the plan was 1) hysteroscopy 2) transvaginal endoscopy and 3) full laparoscopy if needed. I was crushed. Thankfully I had two of my best friends at home who have been amazingly supportive. Both of them offered to be oven for my bun if my oven kept on being defective (it would realistically work with one of them who lives close by and will be giving birth to her second baby in Feb).
    The surgery took place yesterday and I ended up getting all 3. They told my husband I was in OR for 2 1/2 hours. They fixed the slightly abnormal shape of my uterus, and when he did the TVE, he realized how severe the endometriosis was. They removed adhesions on my bowels, bladder, all around my right ovary, and on my right side all the way to my liver (which was covered...note that I underwent gallbladder removal in January and was told it was stuck in 'tissue') and my diaphragm. I still have a nodule of endo in the wall of my bladder because he didn't know how deep it was and it could lead to a 1 month recovery if he went there and it went completely through. However, it shouldn't impact my ability to conceive, so I'll be getting an MRI assuming I don't conceive first (he's hoping getting me pregnant ASAP will just make that nodule disappear). So starting next cycle (in two weeks), I'll be starting the same med combo (Femara, Ovidrel and Prometrium) and we'll be doing IUI...he finally heard us on the being aggressive with treatments. We'll be doing max two trials of IUI and super ovulation and if nothing has worked, we'll be moving on to IVF in the fall. He's promised me a pregnancy by the end of the year
  • @GoldenKeys : so are they reimbursing you now? That's ridiculous! I'm happy we don't have to deal with that in Canada, although we can have additional health insurance for things like IVF which aren't covered... Unfortunately ours doesn't so we'll have to fork out the money. Hopefully the significantly cheaper IUI works before that. It blows not to be able to move forward because of finances...
  • Final day of clomid today. Ultrasound scheduled for this Saturday and hopefully first IUI on Sunday! Getting a trigger shot on Saturday if my follicles look good. Hoping for at least a couple good sized ones!

I feel like I just started the 3WW

Wishing everyone a good week!
    Me: 29 DH: 44
    DX: PCOS
    IUI #1, Nov 2016 - BFN
    IUI #2, Jan 2017 - BFN
    IVF #1, Feb 2017 - 22 eggs retrieved, 18 fertilized, 14 Day-5 blasts to freeze
    FET #1, Feb 2018 - 
  • @GoldenKeys : sorry that you have to go through that with your insurance, because infertility isn't enough stress. Hope things get better soon for you!

@KidShrink I hope things get better for you. I'm sure it was nice having your friends be at your home when you go home to take your mind off it as much as possible

@jnissa. Best of luck to you in your IVF cycle.

@Mando15 : best of luck to you with your IUI!

Well, I just had my transfer for our one miracle egg. The egg has four cells in it which is great. They said they usually and 2-4 cells. The worst part was having to drink 32 oz. of water and having a full bladder. That was not fun at all. We will know July 24th if we are pregnant. It was amazing seeing them do it all on the screen and hiding my husbands hand through it all. I continue to pray morning, noon and night through this all. Hoping this little miracle sticks.

Kristy
  • bookworm40bookworm40 member
    edited July 2015
    Hi All - Went to the RE this morning to get CD3 (I am actually on CD4 but D3 fell on a sunday) bloodwork and sono done. Got the green light to start our 2nd cycle of IVF. Currently on BCP's until 7/20 than start stims on 7/23. So that's where we are at right now, just hoping for smooth sailing here on out. @GoldenKeys ugh insurance is the WORST. It's always something! and they are always giving you the run around! @KidShrink Hoping your procedure helps everything along! @jnissa waiting for CD1 to start for me was the worst! I got it on Friday and actually did a happy dance! Good luck this cycle! Sending you positive thoughts! @Mando15 good luck with your IUI! @kristylang it only takes 1 little sticky bean!!!! All fingers and toes are crossed for you! edited: Sorry guys not sure why it's reading in one big paragraph. My computer is acting funny!
    Me: 40  
    TTC #1: 3 years
    Me: Type II Diabetic
    Started with RE 11/2014
    Going through IUI with Donor Sperm

• tripplek1988tripplek1988 member
    edited July 2015
    @GoldenKeys Insurance company are horrible and stressful!!! as if we aren't already stress from IF, I had my US and had to pay out of pocket then they told me my folie isn't big enough and I havent ovulated so I should come in 3 days to do another US which ill have to pay for again which was 600$. @KidShrink good luck with your procedure @Cupcakegal930 Fx for your 2nd IVF. Has for me I got a positive ovulation today and I'm so excited I haven't seen on of those in a 1yr. Even though I only had one matured follie this cycle but I keep telling my self it only takes one. So I'll be busy for the next few days BD FX it sticks . I feel bad for my DH I already have our entire week planned
    Married 03.30.12
    TTC Since September 2011

Me: 27  DH: 28, 
    Dx: PCOS/Block right Fallopian tube
    Treatment: clomid.

• AF arrived today so clomid round 2 was a bust. I'm trying to not stress out about it but it's hard not to be disappointed. My clinic wants to do 4 rounds of clomid alone before moving on to IUI, so two more to go. I don't know how you ladies who have been at this much longer deal with all the ups and downs - it's so hard to be patient and keep optimistic!

Good luck to all of you on ivf and IUI cycles! Fingers crossed for you all!

QOTW: I have a flannel shirt that's missing all its buttons that I've had for at least 18 years, I still wear it when I'm lounging around the house sometimes, but DH doesn't find it very appealing haha.
  • QOTW: I totally forgot to answer the question of the week. So I have high school t-shirts and sweatshirts from the 3 sports I played. I can't seem to get rid of them. Some of the best memories are from my HS athletics, played volleyball, basketball and softball then played basketball in college too. Too many memories and favorite attire. :)
    Kristy
  • @graphicgranite : sorry about AF...I totally hear you. We went through 3 rounds of meds before scheduling my surgery. We were offered a 4th round in the meantime and I refused because I felt there was no point in going through all that for nothing. What I've found now is that you need to be vocal about what you want and what you're willing/not willing to do. Our RE initially wanted us to try again naturally, but we made it clear that we were over natural baby making and wanted to get the ball rolling. He therefore agreed to what we wanted and are willing to pay for.

I also forgot the QOTW: I have pyjama pants I bought when I was 19 or so with 'Candy' written across my behind. Really classy
  • It looks like the Bump has some whacky formatting issues going on... sorry.... @jnissa I have everything crossed that you will get 5 or more follies! @kidshrink Congrats on a successful surgery! I'm so glad that your RE is going to follow your lead re: agressive treatment. The last thing that anybody wants is a long wait after surgery. GL on your superO+IUI... Mando15: Fingers totally crossed for your ultrasound and IUI! @kristylang: I was thinking about you and I have everything crossed that your miracle embie snuggles right in and sticks! :-) @Cupcakegal930: Glad to hear that you got the green light for IVF. :-) I consider it the gold standard... @tripplek1988: Yay for a positive O! And you're right, it really does only take one. I've seen many people with one follie have their dreams come true so my fingers are crossed for you. @graphicgranite: I'm sorry about your BFN. I think it's totally silly for your clinic to insist on 4 rounds of clomid before IUI. You're only allowed 6 rounds of it in your lifetime in the first place. Frankly I wouldn't put up with that. It's your money, your life and your decision (if you're in the USA anyway)

• Aera11Aera11 member
    I had trouble replying to this on Monday (either the Bump or my internet was whacky).  Anyways, better late than never :)

No real update here.  I finished my first round of Clomid and go back to my RE next week to see if I need to up my dose (we started low) and to make sure no cysts enlarged.  I am supposedly ovulating this week some time but bought an ovulation kit with like 7 sticks and so far nothing.  How effective are those things?  I know the BBT is supposed to show an increase and my RE will let me know, but I feel like maybe I am not and am hoping if I didn't, we won't waste any time and can up the dosage next month.

QOTW:  I have a dress from high school I loved and have held on to.  I don't know if I ever would wear it again, but it cost a lot at the time and it's kind of timeless.  Hopefully someday I can pass it on or maybe I'll donate it, but for now it sits in my closet.

@kidshrink hopefully things will get better for you!  @jnissa good luck with this cycle, fingers crossed for ya! Hope it goes well @mando15 :)