Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

So I just had this conversation with my DH

KristieAKristieA member
edited July 2015 in Trying to Get Pregnant
Me: hey we need to go BD.
DH: why? I'm pretty tired.
Me: because I have been testing for my LH surge and now the lines are getting fainter so if we don't BD now we will miss this cycle.
DH: ... Well we wouldn't want to miss the whole cycle.

So that's probably the most unsexy pillow talk ever. Please tell me I'm not alone in having conversations like this.

ETA I only started testing cause my Dr yesterday seemed to think I didn't need to have AF to come before trying again. And sure enough I was getting lines on the OPKs.
imageimageimage
LFAF September Siggy Challenge

Re: So I just had this conversation with my DH

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    hboazhboaz member
    Lol you guys are too funny. I wish my husband was that into it! He's an ER nurse so not at all squeamish, but he still doesn't like me talking about my "mucus" :P

During my fertile week he asked if we reaalllyyy had to do it for the third day in a row, as he was tired and just wanted to watch tv. You'd think this was torture!
    Me - 30; DH - 30
    TTC #1 since June 2015
    3/16 - Started infertility testing
    4/16 - SA results: borderline low count/morph
    8/16 - Ultrasound and HSG: all clear! Prescribed Bromocriptine for elevated Prolactin levels.
    9/16 - Prolactin down to normal levels! 

IUI #1 - 9/21/16 - Clomid 50mg, Estrace, Ovidrel, Progesterone/Estradiol - 4 follies - BFP! EDD 6/15/17 Team PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    No my poor husband is unintiated so I used have sex with him. I think if I actually had said BD he would have thought I was nuts.
    imageimageimage

• Options
    hboaz said:

Lol you guys are too funny. I wish my husband was that into it! He's an ER nurse so not at all squeamish, but he still doesn't like me talking about my "mucus" :P

During my fertile week he asked if we reaalllyyy had to do it for the third day in a row, as he was tired and just wanted to watch tv. You'd think this was torture!

My fiance is a nurse (LPN) too ^_^ he's in school to get his RN and really wants to work the ER.

• Options
    KristieA said:

Am I like the only one on here who is not on the EOD plan? Hell my husband and I are lucky if we normally do it once a week! Lately it's been worse- we are too tired and too stressed to get it on. Hence the we have to do it now convo. It was the last thing I wanted to do after wandering around IKEA all night.

Edited for punctuation errors.

We only do that during the FW. Otherwise it's much more relaxed and maybe once a week. Twice if we're lucky.

• Options
    Oh ok no worries! I was just wondering how you all found the energy to keep it up all month! Lol silly me!

imageimageimage

• Options
    You're not alone. I'm thinking about ttc every other month so we can have a just us month in between so it doesn't get so clinical lol
  • Options
    KristieA said:

Am I like the only one on here who is not on the EOD plan? Hell my husband and I are lucky if we normally do it once a week! Lately it's been worse- we are too tired and too stressed to get it on. Hence the we have to do it now convo. It was the last thing I wanted to do after wandering around IKEA all night.

Nope, DH and I are typically a 1-2x/ week couple
    me 30; DH 35
    TTC since May 2014.
    Aug 2014 BFP, EDD April 22, 2015. Low progesterone, started suppositories. Loss at 5w6d.
    Nov 19, 2015 BFP at 13 dpo, EDD July 29, 2016. MMC discovered 12/29 (9+4). Natural miscarriage 1/16 (12+1).
    AMH results 0.42, 1.2; FSH 12.1, AFC 10, dx DOR. 
    RPL testing results normal. Nurse recommended progesterone suppositories in TWW.
    Clomid + trigger + TI cycle August 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Femara + trigger + TI cycle December 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Short LP (8 days).
    Acupuncture & Chinese herbs starting January 2017, lengthened LP to 10 days 

Summer 2016 LFAF awards: 

Winter 2016/2017 LFAF awards:

• Options
    I keep thinking we're hitting EOD and then realize it has been a few days not just one.. LOL. We're like E4-5D. ;)
  • Options

*after every time we have sex*
    "You're just using me for my babies."

This is my DH after every time as well... Totally not true but I talk about it so much he seems to think so sometimes.
  • Options

Haha! I called DH "DH" yesterday!

I did this today!! Was talking with the insurance company and was asking a question about something covered for him. In my note, I wrote DH. He asked what that meant and who "D.H." is. LoL!
    TTC since March 2013

HSG: Sept 2014, clear tubes

Dx: MFI - Low motility, morph, count (Aug. 2014); Hypothyroidism (May 2015)

Moved to IUIs October 2014

IUI #1 w/ injections:  Nov 2014- BFN

IUI #2 w/ injections:  Jan 2015- BFN

IUI #3.1 w/ injections:  Feb. 2015, cancelled due to cysts- 10 days BCP

IUI #3.2 w/ injections:  Feb/March 2015- BFN

IUI #4 w/ 100mg Clomid +  Injections:  August 2015- BFN

IUI #5 w/ 5mg Femara + Injections:  September 2015- BFN

IUI #6 w/ 5mg Femara + Injections:  October 2015 - Cancelled due low response

Moved to IVF May 2016 

Retrieved 18 eggs on 05/27/2016, 13 were ICSI'd, 9 made it to day-five transfer

Transferred 2 beautiful day-five embryos on 06/01/2016, froze 7

BFP 4dp5dt on 06/05/2016!  Line continued to darken beautifully!

EDD:  February 17, 2017

Beta #1:  92

Beta #2:  305 

Ultrasound #1 - one baby!

Ultrasound #2 - saw heartbeat!

LFAF Badges:

• Options
    We aim for every other day, but it rarely happens. It's more like:

Day on
    Day off
    Day on
    2 days off

Then start over. We just need to make sure the 2 days off aren't in the fertile window, though!
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    KyCatKyCat member

Yesterday I told him that I think we were out this cycle and his response was "That's okay, next cycle we will just have more sex!"

Ha! This is exactly like my DH!
    We definitely do not do it EOD all cycle long.
    Married 4.26.08
    TTC #1 April 2015
    BFP #1 11.15.15
    MMC/NMC 12.22.15
    BFP #2 6.13.16
    NMC 7.2.16

LFAF March Siggy: Nasty Women
    Kate McKinnon
    Image result for kate mckinnon quotes gifImage result for kate mckinnon quotes gif

Other LFAF Awards: Most likely shopping for LuLaRoe, Sweetest LFAFer, Kindest, Jokiest Jokester, Most likely to meow, Best smelling Bumpie, LFAFer I'd like to meet, Most Genuine

• Options
    I use lingo with DH
    not DH yet
    but like DPO, CD,cheapies,AF,BD
    each of the above has a funny story attach as well 

Age 24 DH 24 TTC#1!
    NTNP since June '14
    TTC since February '15
    Anniversary

photo mrsespigreen_3_Autocorrect Fail Bumpie-2_zps0y7kauvn.jpg
  • Options
    image ETA YAY for learning how to gif!

Wow that is quite a first gif. We should do a GTKY that asks "What was your first gif on TB and why?" haha :)
  • Options

DH: Is it your fertile time?
    Me: Yea, should be. Why?
    DH: Oh, I was just going to help myself & go to bed. I'm tired.
    Me: Well just get yourself close, I'll help you finish.

Totes unromantic last night.

My DH has the highest sex drive of any man on the planet. He wants it every day. Not. Happening.

This is my DH. He could go twice a day if I let him, it's ridiculous!
  • Options
    DH: Is it your fertile time? Me: Yea, should be. Why? DH: Oh, I was just going to help myself & go to bed. I'm tired. Me: Well just get yourself close, I'll help you finish. Totes unromantic last night. My DH has the highest sex drive of any man on the planet. He wants it every day. Not. Happening.
    if my DH has his way, 3X a day

where you have me and it more like 3X a week AT MOST

Age 24 DH 24 TTC#1!
    NTNP since June '14
    TTC since February '15
    Anniversary

photo mrsespigreen_3_Autocorrect Fail Bumpie-2_zps0y7kauvn.jpg
  • Options

DH: Is it your fertile time?
    Me: Yea, should be. Why?
    DH: Oh, I was just going to help myself & go to bed. I'm tired.
    Me: Well just get yourself close, I'll help you finish.

Totes unromantic last night.

My DH has the highest sex drive of any man on the planet. He wants it every day. Not. Happening.

if my DH has his way, 3X a day

where you have me and it more like 3X a week AT MOST

I'm more like a once-a-week type of girl. That's why he accuses me of using him for his babies
    :)
  • Options
    :)) :)) :)) :))

Just before I clicked this feed, I had looked at DH and we had this conversation:

Me - "I'm going to seduce you when you get home in the morning...You better bring all of the lovins'.. :D "

DH - " @-) "

Me - "I don't need your sass...Just your man parts."

We are usually once or twice a month people (not my choice)...Fortunately, he understands that we only have a small window each month, so he just goes with it...So hopefully he isn't too tired when he gets off work and it's all Bow Chicka Wow Wow... ;)
  • Options
    just now on our drive home...

DH: Do we need to do it today?
    Me: Are you 14?
    DH: I'll take that as a no...
    Me: We're totally gonna do it.
  • Options
    I have no good stories. But, it does help to know I'm not the only one with a DH that has such a strong sex drive. Literally multiple times a day every day if he had his way. I feel very wanted which is nice, but it can be tiring. Daily is just not in the cards with a DS but we aim for 4-5x/week. I'd be fine with lots of you about 1-2x/week but I can't complain when it comes to ttc!
    Me 27 | DH 28
    DS October 2014
    #2 May 2016
  • Options
    K&ElizabethK&Elizabeth member
    edited July 2015
    KristieA said:

We tried bd every day for 6 days last cycle. I'm exhausted just thinking about it. 2 maybe 3 days in a row is cool, but more than that is tiring.
    Eta: dh is definitely fine with the every day action. His response to cd 1 was "alright, more sexy time."
  • Options
    Last night a commercial comes on with Miley Cyrus wrecking ball and DH simultaneously walks in (singing along to the tune)

"I came in looking for some sex"

I couldn't help but just laugh.
  • Options

You're not alone. I'm thinking about ttc every other month so we can have a just us month in between so it doesn't get so clinical lol

This is actually a pretty awesome idea. I wonder if I could be that patient lol!
  • Options
    *after every time we have sex* "You're just using me for my babies."
    I tell him, "good job honey!" and then whip out my Kindle while he passes out. We were usually just weekend sex people before this. I just BD EOD around the start of the fertile window, and then more frequently around the positive OPK. I think I just get the one surge. We didn't have sex for days after I thought our work here was done. It is nice to have sex and not just BD.