January 2016 Moms
Options

Retro-Inverted Uterus?

At my last appointment I was told I had a Retro-Inverted Uterus. This is my first child and I'm a little scared of what is going to happen since I was told this. Any information would be great ... also, I have no weight gain and I'm 14 weeks today. Not even a baby bump. Please help me understand.

Re: Retro-Inverted Uterus?

• Options
    Ooo vintage uterus!!!

Sorry, I am of no help here! Not familiar with that at all, just trying to lighten the mood... Good luck though!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Im not stranger to messed up uterus' I had a complete septum that had to be removed. Im not sure about the inverted uterus though. Did the doctor give you any information at all?
    STM - EDD June 24 '18
    DD - January 2016
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    They told me that it doesn't sit on my bladder that it is curved and sitting on my back that was all they said.
  • Options
    I have this as well. My doctor said that it does not affect baby but can make it harder to actually conceive. We tend to "pop" a little later and it makes it harder to find the heartbeat on the doppler until you have. They weren't able to find mine at 11 weeks but sent me right in for an u/s to make sure everything looked good. No worries!
  • Options
    I believe you mean retroverted. It means it tips back instead of more upright. No biggie. Mine is very retroverted. It is harder to pick up the hb on doppler and see anything abdominally earlier on. You wI'll show later too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Told the same thing at 9 weeks (now 14w) and because of it they couldn't pick up the heart beat. I've since seen the baby on an ultrasound. Midwife said it may cause back pain (which it did) but will eventually "flop" forwards from the weight of the baby.
  • Options
    I don't have this, but I do have two uteruses (uteri?) so I can join the wacky uterus club with you! Good luck with everything though and I hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy!
  • Options
    mvhydemvhyde member
    Retroverted ute here too. Already had one healthy uneventful pregnancy (other than you know getting a child at the end). So far the only issue related to the retroversion with both pregnancies is having a hard time finding the hb. As your baby grows the ute will grow to accommodate. H&H pregnancy!
  • Options
    Same here! First pregnancy went totally smoothly, and because the uterus is tilted back we typically tend to have smaller lookin bellies the whole nine months. Last time people thought I was around 5 mos when I was a few weeks away from due. Same as other pps, HB takes longer to find, you'll probably "pop" later, but all in all it doesn't really affect delivery or recovery, etc. My uterus is retroverted and heart-shaped, my sister has two uteruses, an aunt had a septum... Uteruses come in all sorts of strange varieties. Don't sweat it. :)