February 2016 Moms

Spotting making me nervous

I'm 7 weeks pregnant and spotting mainly brown and not too heavy but it's really freaking me out. Been going on for a few days now. I haven't felt sick or anything and my first sonogram is a week away. Nurse said I should be fine but I'm getting first time mom jitters anyone else have this ? I was going to get an earlier sonogram but would be a pain and not at my regular dr.

Re: Spotting making me nervous

• I had spotting in the early weeks of m first pregnancy so hopefully it's nothing to be worried about, but if the spotting picks up, it might be worth getting an early sonogram to put your mind at ease.
  • Normal. Spotting happens in 20% of normal, healthy pregnancies.

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• Loading the player...
  • Happened to me from weeks 5 to 7 and the baby was fine. It's pretty common and as long as it's not heavy and you don't have bad cramping, I wouldn't worry too much.
  • thanks all i think im just being a nervous new mom
  • I'm with you. I'm also a FTM and began experiencing slight bleeding (more than spotting) last week. I went for an u/s and everything was fine (showing up 7 wks). I went yesterday for my f/u after on/off bleeding all week and baby's HB increased and the gestational sac and yolk sack looked good. 

My Dr. told me as long as I don't fill a pad, have super bright blood, or cramping, then I should be good.

All this to say, take a breath and try to relax a bit. Easier said then done, for sure.
  • I'm 7 weeks right now and woke up with some light pink spotting this morning. The doctor said not to worry, but they did move my 1st u/s up from July 13th to this Thursday the 2nd just to be safe. I wish you the best of luck as well, hopefully this is normal like they say!
  • To follow up spotted for 4 days went in had some blood work and had miscarriage drawn out over 3 weeks.
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself. You and your family are in my thoughts.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm so sorry!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • MrsJG3MrsJG3 member
    I am sorry for your loss.
    DD: 8  DD: 3.5  DS:18M
    Baby #4 Due: 2/4/2016
    Feb16 August Siggy Challenge
    Favorite TV Mom

• @coralreefzz - I'm so sorry for your loss! It's so hard when they convince you that a little spotting isn't a problem, then to find out it was. Prayers for healing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• So sorry to hear this, Coral! Thinking of you right now during this time. 
  • My thoughts and prayers are with you, so sorry for your loss. We lost our baby last year at 16 weeks so I know how heartbreaking it is. Take care of yourself.