March 2016 Moms
Options

GTKY: Pet Peeves

I was a dirty lurker on TTGP and loved reading all the responses. 

What are your pet peeves?

Re: GTKY: Pet Peeves

• Options
    - Nail clipping in public, so gross!
    - Those who clearly don't even attempt to look over the threads, therefore posting the exact same question
    - People touching stuff on my desk, just leave it alone!
    - DH leaving wet towels on bedroom floor next to the hamper
  • Options
    Whew..... If my OCD crazy butt started posting my peeves y'all would banish me. (A lot of them have to do with my gorgeous couches my family practically can't sit on, and repeating myself, and people that disrespect others, ooohhh and people that disrespect their boss) nuts, see I'll just stop now haha
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Currently, I'm really irritated with people at work who don't try and don't do a good job, creating more work for everyone else!

In general, loud chewing drives me crazy. :)
  • Options
    People who don't even try to use proper grammar and spelling. I'm looking at you, DH.

People who share "news articles" like wildfire without even stopping to consider accuracy and authenticity.

People who have life saving medical procedures and say things like "God is good" and "praise Jesus." Does your medical team get zero credit for 100% effort?
    *TTC since July 2010
    *BFP #1- 11/12/12, m/c 11/16/12 @ 6 weeks
    *BFP #2- 1/23/13 EDD 10/4/13  

*Emma Rose: 10/8/13

*BFP #3- EDD 03/9/16

March '16 December Siggy Challenge- Favorite Christmas Movie/Quote
  • Options
    jy725jy725 member
    My H leaves tools out all the time because he is constantly working on projects. That's annoying.

The black dog hair that my pup constantly sheds is way up on my list of annoyances.

People who are mean.

And also photo shaming is a problem but I don't know if it should be considered a pet peeve. I just don't like when I see pictures taken of people when they are unaware for the purpose of making fun of their clothes or body type or if they are doing something weird, etc.
  • Options
    -When people use the NON-word "irregardless" (which, by the way, just came up as an appropriate suggestion in my iPhone's predicted text. Wtf Apple?).

-Bare toenails. You can have the nicest looking feet but I still don't want to see unpainted toenails.

-Children laying or crawling on the floor in a public (dirty) space, like a store or restaurant.
  • Options
    jy725jy725 member

-

-Bare toenails. You can have the nicest looking feet but I still don't want to see unpainted toenails.

Oh yes! I have to have my nails painted. I can't remember a time that I didn't have both my nails and toenails painted. I do them once a week at home.

• Options
    Children on the floor in dirty places used to be my pet peeve too, until my toddler decided to go as stiff as a board on me one day in the car dealership when I tried to pick him up. He threw himself on the ground freaking out over fruit snacks. I vowed to never judge another child on a public floor again! Haha.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think snoring has to be one of my biggest pet peeves. I can't stand it. It completely ruins my night and keeps me awake. I plot against DH some night while I lay awake listening to the awful noise coming from his nose.
  • Options

Children on the floor in dirty places used to be my pet peeve too, until my toddler decided to go as stiff as a board on me one day in the car dealership when I tried to pick him up. He threw himself on the ground freaking out over fruit snacks. I vowed to never judge another child on a public floor again! Haha.

I totally get that! I work with toddlers so I deal with tantrums all day and I'm happy to let them work it out. I was referencing the children who are happily crawling around (and often barefoot on top of it) while parents are browsing and chatting. There are just too many germs and hazards with putting your 15-month-old baby on the floor at Target to crawl around.
  • Options
    Parents that let their child run around grocery stores or department stores and making noise and destroying stuff while they are no where to be found, shopping somewhere. Or when a parent has a screaming baby and pays no attention to the child. I work at a grocery store and see these both all of the time.
  • Options
    Rudeness ... Especially towards customer service staff or wait staff or anyone whose job it is to help you.

And women who ignore crying itty bitty babies , it makes me physically anxious

image imageimage 

September Siggy Challenge : Favorite Childhood Movies ( Sorry I have two)

• Options
    -Facebook over-sharers. These types of people usually fall into two categories: parents and the type of narcissistic twenty-something girl that posts a new selfie everyday

-When I go to a coffee shop/fast casual restaurant and the person behind the counter doesn't even bother with a 'hi' or 'what can I get for you?'
    I stared at a kid at Chipotle last week for a good 10-15 seconds until he spoke to me before I told him my order. It's just the decent thing to do to acknowledge the person in front of you that's about to spend their money in your establishment. I don't need five-star service, just a hello will suffice.

-When my lazy co-worker skips her duties on my busiest day of the month, and there's no way to bring it up to our boss without it making me look like I'm whining. She really needs to get her shit together though.
    LFAF Awards

me: 27 | husband: 35
    IR PCOS  dx Sept. 2014

married May 2015 --> started NTNP
    BFP 6.28.15 - EDD 3.6.16 
    baby #1 born 2.19.16 

TTC #2 in April 2017
    BFP 12.30.17 - EDD 9.6.18

Fertility Friend Chart
  • Options
    @Kristin712 I totally agree with that!
  • Options
    AlissaLee17AlissaLee17 member
    edited July 2015
    People who smoke within 10 feet of the MULTIPLE signs in front of my building(work) which explicitly state that smoking is prohibited. It's the friggin' Cancer Center, for goodness' sake.
  • Options
    People who act like childless people cannot understand children or what it takes to raise them. As a childless stepmother for years, I absolutely have had my fill of it.
  • Options

People who act like childless people cannot understand children or what it takes to raise them. As a childless stepmother for years, I absolutely have had my fill of it.

I agree!! I am a 1st grade teacher and although I am not a parent yet, I see first hand what great parents are made of and what happens when parents fail to do their job. I try to give all my students the same care and attention that I would give my own children.
  • Options

Right there with ya! Especially when it is DH. Because somehow the 5 years I have spent helping to raise his daughter mean nothing. Especially since I research and read articles and talk to other parents, none of which he does. He somehow feels inadequate as a parent if he asks for advice. What's funny is that every thing I predicted about her 5 years ago has come full circle. Guess I really did know what I was talking about after all. Sorry @HollyGirl1212 didn't mean to hijack your pet peeve!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP 6/16/13 ~ EDD 2/22/14 ~ CP 6/20/13 @ 4W3D
    BFP 1/1/14 ~ EDD 9/6/14 ~ CP 1/4/14 @ 4W2D
    BFP 6/24/15 ~ EDD 3/6/16 ~ Here's hoping 3rd time is a charm!
  • Options
    @Hullabaloo2016 You definitely didn't hijack! I am right there with you. When my husband and I were dating (we dated 7 yrs before getting married), the first few years were rough in that aspect. Anything I pointed out or tried to do was taken as me a) having no clue because I don't have kids and b) as me hating his child (never the case). And like you, I was able to predict how things would be. I am one of the lucky ones though... my husband saw that I was right more often than not and trusts me now in that department. He has actually apologized for that time frame and hasn't pulled that crap since.
  • Options
    emjeveemjeve member
    fwtx5815 said:

-Facebook over-sharers. These types of people usually fall into two categories: parents and the type of narcissistic twenty-something girl that posts a new selfie everyday

I hate this too! Seriously, no one cares to see a picture of your "awesome breakfast" how "disgusting" you look after your workout (in full makeup without an ounce of sweat on you!)

My biggest pet peeve though is people who don't use their blinkers when driving!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
     My biggest pet peeve though is people who don't use their blinkers when driving!

I was just thinking about this earlier today...after I had about 5 people not use theirs in a 10 minutes window.