July 2015 Moms
Options

Just had my bloody show!

I'm 40.3 and just had my bloody show. Haven't lost my mucous plug but have been cramping and painless contractions all day. Is labor near? How long after a bloody show will the "bloody show" begin?

Re: Just had my bloody show!

• Options
    Of course labor is near it's near for all of us. There is no way to give a timeline on when labor will begin.
    DS #1 Born 01/23/09
    Married 03/18/10
    DS #2 Born 05/19/11
    DS #3 Due 07/26/15

• Options
    Last pregnancy, When I had my bloody show later that day I started contracting and was in full blown labor the next day. I was also 40 weeks and 3 days. So good luck!!!!! Keep us posted!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    eclohoecloho member
    For Some reason at first I thought mucous plug in bloody show were one in the same. Then I came to think it was mucous plug first then bloody show… But I guess that is not always the case? I am an FTM so I don't really know…I have done a lot of reading but my understanding of these two concepts is still somewhat muddled :-??
  • Options
    I was also under the impression that the mucus plug and bloody show were one in the same. I asked my doctor, and she said it is as well. Just sometimes, it's blood tinged because of some blood in the cervix. Just shows that your body is preparing for labor is all.