July 2015 Moms
Options

Burning sensation in upper abdomen

okay so I've been starting to feel this weird burning on my upper abdomen. It feels like someone put icy hot on my insides! Anybody else feel this? I'm probably going to call my OB in the morning.

Re: Burning sensation in upper abdomen

• Options
    Gas maybe? ?
  • Options
    Yes! I've had this for 2 weeks, almost like a sunburn on your insides! My OB says its nerve pain, very normal. Mine happens right where her feet and knees ball up and kick!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    there are a few threads about this. I've had it consistently since my second trimester on the left side a little under my boobs and isn't going away. it's just a nerve and should go away after birth. while extremely annoying, nothing to worry about.
  • Options
    Yep it's nerve pain. If it gets really rough I find that a soft ice pack works wonders!!
  • Options
    Yep me too!
  • Options
    Yes! This is apparently really common. I swear I bring it up at every visit because it's just getting worse and worse (even without a bra on). It started as a tingly feeling like my stomach was going numb, then it actually went numb, and now it's just sharp shooting pain only on the right side though. I've personally tried heat and ice and it seems like the skin right there is even sensitive to the touch and I can't put anything on there. I am carrying SO HIGH so his butt and feet are literally over the top of my ribs (however that's possible). I am 38.4 days and I would say this started around 25ish. Best of luck to you, I can't wait for the day I don't have this pain anymore - I'm really looking forward to it. 
  • Options
    I did have a chiropractor adjust my ribs on the side I have this annoyance after my OB ok'd it and I must say that even though it's still there, it's a lot more tolerable!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I was really starting to get freaked out. Glad I'm not the only one!