December 2015 Moms

I felt my baby move!!!! What an acrobat!

I was anticipating that since I'm a FTM, I won't be feeling any movement for quite a few weeks (I'm 15w4d.) But 3 nights ago I woke up to this funny feeling in my stomach that felt like everything was moving while I was laying still. The next day I could feel something against my hand when I held it to the lower side of my bump. Then today I definitely knew it was my baby while I was walking all the sudden I felt like little kittens were pawing inside of me.

What I wonderful feeling!! I haven't been able to hear the heartbeat yet or have an ultrasound so this is such a comfort.

Everyone told me it would feel like butterflies or popcorn popping... But it definitely doesn't feel like that for me. How does it feel for other moms?!

Re: I felt my baby move!!!! What an acrobat!

• I'm 17 weeks along. A few nights ago I felt the baby move for the first time too. It was like someone took their finger and lightly rubbed it against the inside of my belly. Not a lot of pressure but definitely a different feeling than before.
    My sisters tell me that my mom (who passed away last year) always said that it was like a gas bubble moving in your stomach.
  • Oh my!! So now I don't feel crazy. I am 15w 4d today. Last night.... (Tmi)...after DH and I finished sex I was laying there and I could feel lots and lots of bumps. I told him "I think we woke the baby up" so he put his hand on my bump and he actually felt it too. He said it felt to him as a jumping muscle not really a definite thump against his hand. But to me it was bumping A LOT. I have felt it a few more times today. This is my 4th BTW.
  • Loading the player...
  • rpaddis24 said:

I'm 17 weeks along. A few nights ago I felt the baby move for the first time too. It was like someone took their finger and lightly rubbed it against the inside of my belly. Not a lot of pressure but definitely a different feeling than before.
    My sisters tell me that my mom (who passed away last year) always said that it was like a gas bubble moving in your stomach.

This is what I feel as well, I believe there are a few posts describing what it feels like. I think If you search "first flutters, flutters or feeling baby move" you'll see them.
  • I'm 20 weeks and I still am in love every time I feel it!
  • It doesn't feel like butterflies or popcorn for me either! I can't really explain it to be honest! Just someone doing acrobats in my belly lol
  • I'll be 19 weeks tomorrow and this past weekend I felt a very distinct kick!! I was with family on vacation and I cried almost immediately. It didn't feel like a flutter to me either, Definetly a kick! Either way, so wonderfully exciting!
  • Awwww I haven't felt anything yet and I'm 17 weeks :((
  • 16 weeks 4 days and I felt a kick. It actually scared me. I had just drank a carton ( yes carton) of orange juice and as I finished I lied on my side and BAM! It's amazing :)
  • TaylovesbradTaylovesbrad member
    edited July 2015
    Man honestly I'm a little jealous. Almost 20 weeks and haven't felt anything yet. Midwife says it.could be the way my placenta is sitting. Can't wait for my ultrasound next week so I start feeling like there.really is a baby in there! Congrats on the kicking ladies.

Edited for typo
  • groovylocksgroovylocks member
    edited July 2015
    I felt my first flutter last night. Not sure if it's poo trying to move, gas trying to escape or baby. It feels like it might be baby. But i'm not sure. Butterflies would be a fair description of what i felt. Popcorn is actually somewhat accurate as well. Felt like there was a 2L of soda in my lower tummy just fizzing away.

I was 17 weeks exactly yesterday. 
  • This is my 2nd pregnancy. I haven't felt this baby yet ( I am 16 weeks). With my first, it did feel like popping in my stomach.  I had an anterior placenta (placenta in the front) and that acted like a cushion between my stomach and baby, so the only movement I really ever felt was popping.  I was jealous of those people who actually felt kicks and jabs.  
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Daisypath Christmas tickers
  • I felt baby for the first time last night too. It felt like a long stretch, or like it was doing a slow somersault. It was bizzare and fantastic. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Doesn't feel like butterflies or popcorn popping to me either.. More like bby trying to swim haha. I've felt movements from early on (now 18w 3d) but today and 2 days ago I felt a big kick.. I got such a fright, was definitely not expecting it. It felt like it was babys whole arm or leg along my stomach, was so strong it even felt like I would have been able to see the imprint of baby kicking (or whatever he was doing) it was crazy but I love it :)
  • Isn't it wonderful?! I felt my first movement at 18 weeks, and I'm a FTM. I describe the feeling as a muscle twitch. Like if you've felt your muscle twitch in your arm, that's how it feels like in my abdomen! I've got an active one down there, I can feel baby move often! I even question it sometimes still because it's like, do all babies move this much?! :) PS. Sorry if this shows up weird - the only way I can type in text right now is like I'm inserting a link, otherwise the box turns gray and I can't type a single thing. SO FRUSTRATING.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary
  • daniellex925daniellex925 member
    edited July 2015
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxK2UbYhlNw
    I just took this last night - if you look at the bottom left right after I adjust the camera you should see a little wiggle! DH was so happy I caught it on camera for him. :D It's not much of a movement, but its there!
  • I'm 19 weeks n nothing yet
  • Awwww I haven't felt anything yet and I'm 17 weeks :((

I haven't felt anything yet either. I'm 16 wks today so hopefully soon.
  • 18 weeks today and I don't think I've felt anything that isn't a result of gas or constipation. Although I'm a FTM and have no idea if I'd know the difference.
  • Congrats to all feeling their LO already... I'm 17wks 5 days and nada yet... :( BUT, very excited for when it does... I guess a few of us still gotta wait a Lil longer... happy to hear all are doing well!
  • 19 wks 5 days and at first it felt like muscle twitches on the inside..that was around 16/17 weeks. Now I feel it less from the inside, but if I put my hand on my belly, I feel little jabs.

It's cute for the first two jabs, but then I have to move my hand away because it starts feeling weird and reminds me that I'm growing a human (hopefully). :-/
  • I'm 18 weeks, and for the last few days I've been feeling something. I wasn't sure if it was the baby, but thought it probably was. It felt like someone was lightly poking me- only from the inside. This morning I had an OB appointment, I felt it as I was lying there while she tried to find the heartbeat with the doppler. I mentioned it to the dr, and that was exactly where the baby was! I'm so excited!
  • I'm 16+4 and the past few nights I've been waking up at same time (4am) and can't go back to sleep because she's moving so much. I've tried to walk around and it really calms her down but then I'm wide awake. It's so precious because I love being able to feel her so much but also would like some good sleep.
  • does anyone else feel like they have bubble guts or is that just baby moving? I had like 4 bowls of cereal throughout the day and laid down and it felt like popcorn popping but like boiling water where the bubbles pop..lol i dont know how else to describe it. What do you guys think? 
  • Curious! For those of you who are 19weeks or close to it, have you still been feeling flutters that feel like muscle twitches? Or are they full on kicks now? How often are you feeling them? I have flutters that feel like muscle twitches from my LO multiple times throughout the day but only when I'm laying down & they're still very light. I can also go a long time while laying down without feeling anything either.
  • Curious! For those of you who are 19weeks or close to it, have you still been feeling flutters that feel like muscle twitches? Or are they full on kicks now? How often are you feeling them? I have flutters that feel like muscle twitches from my LO multiple times throughout the day but only when I'm laying down & they're still very light. I can also go a long time while laying down without feeling anything either.

Mine feels like a snake coiling or uncoiling now more than butterflies. And I also get full on kicks.
    17 +2
    I can almost guarantee the kicks will start if I lay down flat on my back.
  • @kristen2b okay gotcha! Thanks for responding! Thinking I might have a lazy babe on my hands. I-)
    @AlexandriaNewton I will be 19 weeks on Friday, and mine are like muscle twitches. I feel them often. At work (sitting), laying down, everything! I have one active LO in there!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary
  • @kristen2b okay gotcha! Thanks for responding! Thinking I might have a lazy babe on my hands. I-)

I've heard drinking oj gets them going but haven't tried it!

I'm 20 weeks tomorrow and they still don't feel like kicks unless I put my hand on my belly. I agree with the snake uncoiling/coiling metaphor from PP.

Plus her head is on my bladder, so her feet aren't near anything too treacherous yet. If it were the other way around, I'm sure the kicks would feel more like kicks.

• To those who are feeling movement. Do you usually feel on one side? Or is it all over your belly?
    I think I felt movement 3 night ago when I was laying down, it was SO COOL! It was only on my right side, probably because baby is only size of a pickle and that's where he/she was hanging out.

In the beginning, did you feel on one side mostly?
  • celainevcelainev member
    edited July 2015
    @grkgdss00
    Everytime I felt it with my hand it's always in the same general area. It's more off to the side then I would have thought. I always feel a harder lump there as well. I'm pretty thin and am thinking that's why I felt it so early. (16w)