July 2015 Moms
Options

C-section Friday! Sort of a rant?

I find it strange that when people find out I am having a c section for medically necessary reasons their initial response is "I'm sorry". I am actually very happy about it because the risks associated with trying to have baby naturally are too high for me to feel comfortable.

I understand that many women are inclined to want their baby naturally, and that is wonderful! But it is just as ok to not want to suffer through the pain either. Even if I weren't having a c section I am fairly certain I would have opted for an epidural. I have some friends and family who really looked down on me for wanting that, and I find it so strange. I don't judge if you want a barbie pink car, even though I would never drive it myself...?

We are all strong and amazing creatures for making these beautiful babies! And it is ok that we all may have different opinions on how we want to deliver.

I think I am more comfortable with a c section because I have worked in medicine for 10 years. I've never had surgery, so I am nervous. But I have been around it a lot, and I am much more familiar with the risks and how things work. I cannot wait til Friday!

Re: C-section Friday! Sort of a rant?

• Options
    I'm the same way, I actually had an emergency csection but wanted to try vaginally. Truth was, I am more comfortable with a csection then a vaginal haha don't worry, everything will be ok, just think positive :)