July 2015 Moms
Options

Everyone is having their babies but...

ME!! Ugh I know I am only 39 weeks tomorrow but I have ZERO signs of labor coming. I think I'd feel a lot better if I had more pressure (as I only have it happen a few times a day, if I am lucky) or if I started to dilate and/or efface (which I have not). All those signs - mucus plug loss, dilation, bloody show - nothing has happened to me and I don't see it coming anytime soon. I go to bed each night thinking tonight is the night AND I wake up STILL pregnant...

It is so hard not to feel discouraged. I talk to other friends and ask them of their progress at this point and it only makes me feel worse. It's not that I hate being pregnant, I just really want to meet our baby. Anyone else in a similar boat?

Re: Everyone is having their babies but...

• Options
    I am in the exact same boat. 39 weeks +1 . I have tried everything to get things going. I walk alot , tried sex , and I even bought one of those exercise bouncy balls. I know it is discouraging but it's going to be over before we know it and I'm sure we will miss being pregnant. :) I am so ready to meet my baby girl but she is not ready yet. There are alot of mom's who don't have to go as many weeks but there are also alot of mom's who have to wait like us. My ob doctor had my hopes up thinking I was going to be induced this week due to an eye condition I have that makes me go blind but my eye doctor told him no! So it has been an emotional week. My husband planned everything at work and we were excited . But it's probably good to let her come naturally. I am just very impatient and ready to meet her :)
  • Options
    Im with you on this one. 39wks and no sighn. When I get my cervix checked it is so so tight so its painful. Feels like loosing virginity all over again Lol! Feel kind of bummed when people ask if I had the baby yet or if im dialated. Its like no and hell no... Anyway I feel your pain.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Same here! I am 39 weeks and my cervix is so high and tightly closed :( My dr is having me go in for an ultrasound tomorrow to see what is going on with the baby because she also hasn't dropped low enough either. Hopefully, our babies come soon!
  • Options
    Maha88Maha88 member
    I am 40 weeks and 5 days. I'm tired of over analyzing every pain I get thinking its labor just to find out you could feel like this for weeks.

I've had my membrane sweep last Thursday, it was very painful but didn't get labor starting for me.

I have a doctors appointment tomorrow and thinking of redoing it, what do you think?

I am dealing with the worst lightning crotch and I as nervous as I am, I hope labor is soon for me .

Good luck all!
  • Options
    I'm glad we are all in the same boat. Def helps to get your mind off things (although lately this is all I think about). Eventually the baby will come and we will all forget about feeling this way :)
  • Options
    I'm 40+5 just waiting on my Wednesday induction at this point. I was told by my Dr office since 38 weeks they expected me to go any day because of where I was at with cervical progress. I have tried every safe home method for natural induction & had 2 sweeps by my dr. Clearly I made this little girl such a comfy home she doesn't wanna leave. On the positive I got a week longer with my hubby just the two of us and once she's here I'm sure I'll forget all about this waiting game.
  • Options
    Same here! 40 weeks tomorrow, cervix closed and hard as a rock. Tried sex, spicy foods, walking, a birthing ball, and nothing helps. All I get are annoying Braxton hicks that go away after a while... I analyze every feeling I get thinking is this it?! I know it will be worth it keeping her in there for a little while longer but it's hard to see that point of view when you're so uncomfortable and you just want to meet your baby already!
  • Options
    mers90mers90 member
    Same here! I'm 39+4 and still nothing! I start having contractions every now and then but they go away after a couple of hours and leave me sad and tiered :(
  • Options
    Same 38 +5 and so ready to have this baby haha but no signs even started drinkin raspberry tea a friend said 2 days after starting it she went into labor so fingers crossed
  • Options
    @marymoore711 I'm in the exact same boat. Due on the 30th. My first went over 2 weeks so I keep thinking I could have another 5 weeks of this.
  • Options
    Well I was the same way and now I miss being pregnant, shockingly! It's only been a week but I feel like time is moving too fast.
  • Options
    It's my due date today but my little boy clearly isn't paying attention! This is my third pregnancy- first time I was induced at 41+3 and it still took two days for my daughter to be born, last time my daughter came early at 39+1 so was expecting more of the same this time- NOPE! In the UK we don't have regular cervical checks except in active labour (I find it a bit weird being honest as seriously it means very little, let it go guys...). I've never had a membrane sweep in any of my pregnancies as my cervix has been too high/closed and yet I still managed to have two healthy babies. Keep faith ladies, your baby will get here even though it doesn't feel like it right now they will!!! Xx
  • Options
    39 weeks tomorrow, and have PUPPS, but still trying to enjoy having baby all to myself. When she comes out I'll have to share! My sis can't carry any more babies, so trying not to complain much since you never know if you'll have this again. I am very anxious to have labor and pregnancy over and done. It's strange waiting for something this big when you have no idea when it will occur. Glad to be in the same boat with all of you, hang on...we're almost there!
  • Options
    I'm 39+2 and just had a doctor's appt. today. My cervix is still high and undilated. :( I'm on maternity leave now and already soo bored! I want him to come soon!!
  • Options
    Love this thread knowing I'm not alone :)
  • Options
    I'm 39 +1 and my cervix is tightly closed as well! My parents flew from Australia to meet baby, but fly out 5 days after my DD so could miss baby altogether. If it wasn't for that I wouldn't be struggling as much as i am as know how disappointed they'll be if they miss baby. BUT remember, a DD is just an estimate and you aren't even there yet!!! Baby obviously just needs a little more time! Try not to stress - it won't help bring labour any faster! And sex, spicy food, bouncing on a ball, etc. none of it works unless baby is ready anyway! Good luck
  • Options
    AllisekaylinAllisekaylin member
    edited July 2015
    ^ so true none of that stuff will work unless your ready to go. I tried all of it, nothin. Absolutely nothin. Lol
  • Options
    Aw :( I went to 41.3 with my oldest, 40.1 with my second, and my youngest was taken emergency c section at 37.2.. I miss bein pregnant a little bit.. While I'm so glad to have her in my arms, part of me misses her being one with me.. Make sense? Just hang in there, it will be over before you know it!
  • Options
    Just read through all of the posts, and I must say it is a relief to know that I'm not the only one going through this. I'm 40 weeks & 2 days... Still no mucous plug. Idk if I'm dialated or effaced because my midwife doesn't check for that until this week. I've had very random contractions, and very bad back pain. I'm so ready to have this baby & just meet her! I guess she is too comfy in my belly to make her debut! Lol hoping for great news tomorrow at my appointment
  • Options
    I had no signs either...Then this time last week I started having contractions and he was born the next day at 41 weeks, the day he was scheduled to be induced.

Now I'm glad he baked a little longer
    He is so strong already and didn't look like mashed potatoes when he came out haha
  • Options
    eclohoecloho member
    Yup! Haha...everyone is not having their babies! I am due July 28 and very anxious… Hoping for an early arrival, but who knows
  • Options
    I am due July 24th and am still awaiting SOME sort of signs of inpending labour but apart from some random period pain that lasts for a minute or so maybe once every other day...NOTHING. i am convinced I will be overdue but maybe every FTM feels like this??
  • Options
    Due today and I feel miserable. Dr. Keeps saying they won't induce till 41 weeks but he is already 8lbs.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    41 weeks today! Was due July 8th. Hoping baby comes on her own but will be induced Monday (7/20) at 41+5 if not. I was doing pretty good with her being late ( figures she would be) but over the last day or so it has gotten hard.
  • Options
    39 + 1 today - about a fingertip dilated , cervix is soft , baby head is low...cervix is still posterior...At least it's something but I have a very strong feeling I will be going past my due date. Always have felt that way too. Trying to stay positive but so very hard
  • Options
    if it makes you feel any better i'm due tomorrow July 16 and I'm in the same boat! lol
  • Options
    I'm getting my membranes swept today for the second time. If it doesn't work, we will set an induction date at my next appointment on Monday. The anxiety of wondering if everyday will be the day is getting to me, so I am doing my best to not think about it and relax. Good luck to all of you! We're in the home stretch!