2nd Trimester

Linea Nigra

I'm 17 weeks pregnant and my line hasn't showed up yet. Should I be concerned?

Re: Linea Nigra

• I'm 20 weeks and I don't have a line either I'm not sure when that's suppose to happen
  • Some people never get it....
  • Loading the player...
  • I never got a line with my first and there is no sign of a line this time around either
  • Thank you guys for your help.
  • nano1nano1 member
    I didn't get it until after my son came out, it took about four months to fade and no sign of it now (I'm 20wks with baby #2)
  • Never noticed one with DS till he was born, and even then i think it was just the extra skin all the sudden sagging. I was back to a "normal" colored stomach within 3 months post partum. A little over 17 weeks now with DD and still no sign of it. We shall see!
  • Mine started showing around 17 weeks . Im 25 weeks now . The top line is a lot thinner and the bottom line under my belly button kind of looks like a question mark but it's a lot thicker than the top part . Some ppl never get them thou . I believe I read it's more common in african american women but im not sure .
  • Why would you be concerned about this?  It doesn't mean anything. 
  • I'm going on 25 weeks and mine is very faint at best. I don't think it's a concern! just one of those things that appear in pregnancy.  
  • Allrightmeow: I'm concerned because I am a worrying, soon to be mother. This a discussion board for concerns, questions, and support. You are helping with none of those.
  • agfox92 said:

I never got a line with my first and there is no sign of a line this time around either

^^^ exactly this for me too. My belly button never popped out either :-/
    But seriously these things are nothing to worry about.
  • Allrightmeow: I'm concerned because I am a worrying, soon to be mother. This a discussion board for concerns, questions, and support. You are helping with none of those.
    I made that comment with zero snark.  I honestly wanted to know why that would be something to worry about.  It literally means nothing.  Im trying to understand WHAT your concern was.  
  • I got one at around 10 weeks and its gradually gotten darker, but I'm also African-American.
  • Allrightmeow: I'm concerned because I am a worrying, soon to be mother.

A book will be able to tell you the answer to this, and many other, questions.
  • I think some people get them, some don't, doesn't mean anything at all :) I'll be 17w Monday and don't have one either.
  • I didn't have one with my daughter. This time I am only 13 weeks & I have one.
    I heard that if you have one just to your belly button it's a girl, & if it goes on up its a boy. (Don't know if it's true, but it's fun!!) =)