September 2015 Moms

Amazon prime day

If you are an amazon prime member, it looks like they are having a ton of baby stuff marked down today!

Re: Amazon prime day

• The wipes were a good deal with code ELEMENTS60 !

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Target is also doing a buy one get one 50% plus an additional 10% with promo code JULY on things like towels, burp cloths, bibs, etc. Lots of diapers seem to have the earn $10 store credit as well.  
  • Loading the player...
  • I tried to get the Baby Bjorn carrier and it was gone within a minute. I probably won't play the rest of the day because I have stuff to do and it will probably just lead to trouble in the $$ department!
    ----------------------------
    BFP#1: 01.06.2015 ... Baby Boy Due Date: 9.14.2015 FTM! :)
  • WDDCHWDDCH member
    YAS!!!!!!!! I've been waiting for this day. Thanks for the reminder!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • MiromiMMiromiM member
    edited July 2015
    Avent Bottles on Sale from Amazon Prime ( starting 10 am CNT)

Personally, I'm waiting for my baby to decide which type she will like.
    *Siggy Warning*

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • v1wwov1wwo member
    I was really excited about it when I saw this a few days ago. But so far it's a disappointment. There is nothing I want (and I am not getting things just because they were on sale) and anything that is good goes in seconds. It's like a Black Friday scheme.
  • I am glad you posted this. I got a couple deals and will probably check back a couple times today. I put back my Baby Bjorn carrier so I hope you got it! Sooooo tempted by the deal but I have a carrier I love and don't really need a back up.

Good luck and happy shopping! :-)
  • I was mad, I waited for a certain item to flip over by the time I clicked on add to cart, sold out! But I did get some wipes!
  • WDDCHWDDCH member
    v1wwo said:

I was really excited about it when I saw this a few days ago. But so far it's a disappointment. There is nothing I want (and I am not getting things just because they were on sale) and anything that is good goes in seconds. It's like a Black Friday scheme.

Yeah I agree. Not my fave way to shop.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Also, I know there were some mamas worried about cost of cribs and such. Walmart.com has a set for $130 for the crib and mattress. This may be my set for grandma's house!

And a 100 count box of the nursing pads for $8.
  • I've bought some stuff from both Amazon prime day and target.com from their clearance section and using promo EXTRA20. I had more success at target.com. I'm just glad fall stuff is finally coming out. I have practically nothing for her when she first arrived and up here, we definitely need fall/winter clothes. Even right now, mid July, it's only 62 outside!
  • WDDCHWDDCH member
    Darn it!!! The one thing I saw that I wanted sold out in two minutes. It doesn't state how many they have available for the deal so I have no idea if they had 10 or 100 or what. But no Dr Who Tenth Doc Sonic Screwdriver for me. :((
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I think you need to go ahead and add an item to your cart and buy it when the time flips.
  • The things I would have been interested in were only available for girls (Swaddles & Halo sleep sacks).

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ok, I take back what I said earlier about adding stuff to your cart when the time flips. Amazon removes the items about 5 minuets before the deal goes live. I would check the quantity before hand however.  I noticed a few ju ju be items that said "only 12 left in stock" so I didn't bother with those.

I was able to score the babybjorn at 51% off this past hour!! Woo!! I had my 1 click order settings  ready to go and was able to get it right at the time the deal went live.

• bcamasosabcamasosa member
    edited July 2015
    Ive been on it all day and have already bought a lot of stuff. When pp mentioned getting things just because they were on sale, i decided to look at my open orders page and realized.... i only really need 4/10 things that I did buy and now I feel bad....but don't really want to cancel them!!!
  • v1wwo said:

Same. Not a single thing on my registry was included
  • Also, Walmart's deals last more than just today. I normally dislike Walmart, but really happy with what I decided to get there
  • edited July 2015
    The pack and play I wanted sold out before my click went through! It was 50% off, too. I was scoping out a stroller so I enlisted the help of my brother to get it in my cart, but the discount wasn't what I wanted to be. Oh well!

I've been looking at non baby items and I'm not impressed. It is an opportunity for them to clean out their warehouses though, so I get it.

ETA- a missing word. Words are hard.
  • Also, anyone notice that the Blu-Ray copy of "Fifty Shades of Grey" showed up in the baby category? At least someone has a sense of humor!
  • I tried to get a petunia picklebottom diaper bag but it was gone in less than three minutes :-(
  • @kiekaschu The sad thing is, if you notice, most of them say they have less than 20 in stock. It's a slim chance on those it seems.

I agree with @ginaannechelan that it seems like some of these items are on sale so that Amazon can clear their warehouse. :( Especially the ones with limited quantities.
  • The 15% off warehouse deals has been better to me than the special deals. Got a graco high chair for $40, which was a better savings than the special deals so far today.

We've bought a few warehouse deals and especially on big items it's really only damage to the outer box, nothing wrong with the item itself. We got our Britax B-Safe car seat and B-Agile stroller set for $275 as a warehouse deal, and there wasn't even anything wrong with the box!
  • In 2 hrs they have the medela breastpump listed. FYI
  • I just waited an hour for a Fisher Price cash register for my niece's birthday and got up to pee at the wrong minute. Missed it and the wait list is full. Ain't nobody got time for that! Bye, Prime Day!
  • This sounds stressful...
  • @sgleave - Where are these warehouse deals you speak of? 
  • sgleavesgleave member
    edited July 2015
    They list them on an items page, I don't think they have their own section (but maybe they do). They show up where you can click to see other sellers with the item for sale and are listed as either open box or used.

This is the high chair I bought today (different color but this one has a warehouse deal):
    Graco SimpleSwitch Highchair and Booster, Little Hoot https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AHVR6T0/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_XiTPvb1B3FK9F

Eta: the extra 15% off is automatic today when you go to checkout
  • @sgleave - THANKS!!! :) 
  • @caityrose

Lurker Here from O15

Where did you see Medela Pumps are going on sale? I can't find it anywhere in the upcoming sales section. I see the one I want listed at $215 (from $299) but I wanted to make sure that is the deal before I purchase.

Thanks!
  • I got my stroller / carseat system for $180 off normal price on "Lightening Deal." I am super excited about that!
  • I was disappointed I missed the graco play n pak that was only $50
  • I got a PnP and having never owned one before am totally surprised I clicked it as fast as I did! (Hopefully not the one you wanted!!) Totally not my favorite way to shop. Got some nice gifts from other departments to save for b-days and holidays. I checked everything I got against either the Target website or Google shop to see if it was an actual deal though. A lot of clicking around to save 10-15 bucks though! My DH was totally into it and had computer and electronic stuff for me to check on at several points during the day. That was my favorite part of the day as he is Not a shopper. :D
  • sorry I went to bed after that (european time) I kept filtering the categories to just show baby stuff
  • I got a Graco Pack n Play with napper and changer for $49!!!!!!!!!   YAY!  I love Amazon.