July 2015 Moms
Options

angry pregnant ladies UNITE!!

2babes3angels2babes3angels member
edited July 2015 in July 2015 Moms
I'm just having a day of pure irrational anger & wanted to see if anyone is there with me. My story for the day:

Went to the grocery store... thought I was buying strawberries for 79 cents/lb which is an amazing deal. Grabbed 2 cartons. Got home and saw the organic label and realized, I grabbed the ones someone else traded out for the better deal and ended up paying $3 per pound instead!!! It took every ounce of restraint not to call the grocery store and give someone an earful. Even though it's not their fault at all. I'm also too lazy to go back to the store to return them for the cheapo ones. So looks like I will have to choke down $6 of delicious looking strawberries this week. But I'm not going to be happy about it!!!

Anyone else?

Re: angry pregnant ladies UNITE!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I stopped going to the grocery store weeeeeks ago. can't handle it! my poor DH has been doing it all!
  • Options
    Yep. I'm about to the limit of my super human people skills of not telling off the next idiot who pisses me off.
  • Options
    rcsudsrcsuds member
    I was nauseous before work, and wanted to try and get through it (usually, it goes away within an hour). I told my manager, but she completely misunderstood me, because I mentioned I was high strung too. She finally got it in the middle of my shift, but I'm a bartender/ cashier whose replacements didn't want to come in so late... I was more than pissed that it took so long to send me home, but it makes me feel bad, because that nausea happens almost every time I work, and it's getting hard to work through it at 38 weeks...
  • Options
    rcsudsrcsuds member
    That doesn't include the first stranger I've had ask me when I'm due, then judge me by how big I am... well, small in her opinion.
  • Options
    Yeah I have another one. I'm sitting at the doctors office and the sonographer just questioned what the ball of fluid is at the base of my stomach. I know. Gross but seriously I'm having twins I've never weighed thisuch in my life and I have absolutely no more room for them to grow!! The excess fluid has to go somewhere. And seeing as how hugey ankles are and how active I have to be to keep up with my daughter I don't see where else it's suppose to go!! I can't even feel my ankles most days! They are numb from so much fluid.
  • Options
    2babes3angels2babes3angels member
    edited July 2015
    I feel like I can relate to all of this! Not too much longer ladies! Then we can still be irrationally angry, but at least we'll have our babies!!
  • Options
    nalise88 said:

Everyone kept saying I wouldnt make it to July! Well Im here and no baby. 5days from due date and not one sign he is coming anytime soon. Everyone likes to remind me how huge I am, that I was such a tiny woman before and Im having a huge baby! SHUT UP! I dont want to hear it!

ugh this is me too. I guess because being 5'2" and 90 lbs pre-preg people thought I wouldn't make it full term. wtf? I kept asking if they thought all the other cultures that are generally smaller than Americans go prematurely all the time! so many people said to me though that maybe I started to believe it a bit and here I am, 38+4 with no sign that my DS is ready yet so I think I'm even more frustrated at anxious because all these people put in the back of my head that I'd probably with my baby by now. SHUT UP people!
  • Options
    I just wish people would quit almost killing/ pissing me off while I'm driving!

Now, I know I drive a small pink Spark, but just because I passed you "dude in the redneck truck", it does not mean you can suddenly floor it, zip around me, cut me off, & nearly cause a nasty wreck...like you have to prove your manhood or something!

I just want to put signs in all of my windows that read "Would you have done that if you'd known I was pregnant?!?!"
  • Options
    icanteven said:

I'm irrationally annoyed that my husband has been sick for nearly a week and feel like baby won't come until he's better lol!! We don't know what he has or how contagious he is, so I've been making dinner and cleaning up while he's been laying around. He's also very stubborn about taking his cough meds and feel like he would feel better now if he would have started on day one of this thing!!

I also can't handle to comments. I went to the grocery store on the way home from work to pick up something and the high school cashier girl asked when I was due. I told her "Wednesday" and she said "And you're here by yourself?!" As if I need a babysitter to buy eggs? lol. I get that she's a kid who doesn't know how all this works, but she's just one in a lOOOOOOOONG list of strangers who won't leave me alone!!
    My husband is starting with a sore throat (perfect timing, 6 days before I'm due! Not that he can help it) so I called my office today to see what the rule was if it did develop into strep (highly likely for him) & if he has a temp he can't be in the delivery room bc he's considered contagious! HOLY PANIC ATTACK!!!! Needless to say he's doing anything I ask to try to get rid of this before it gets worse, bc he needs to be in that room with me!!
  • Options
    icantevenicanteven member
    edited July 2015

My husband is starting with a sore throat (perfect timing, 6 days before I'm due! Not that he can help it) so I called my office today to see what the rule was if it did develop into strep (highly likely for him) & if he has a temp he can't be in the delivery room bc he's considered contagious! HOLY PANIC ATTACK!!!! Needless to say he's doing anything I ask to try to get rid of this before it gets worse, bc he needs to be in that room with me!!

My husband's started 6 days before my due date too! What's up with that? haha. Thankfully, mine actually seemed to be doing better this morning!!
  • Options
    I think all of these stories are hilarious!!! =))
    And I also totally feel the ladies who are saying that everyone keeps asking where is baby! I'm hearing that so much more now! So I send out a mass text of this pic here... Got it from another bumpie!
  • Options
    Lol @momof5ive that is hilarious!
  • Options
    Lol @marymoore711 Ikr! I thought so too when I saw it! had to borrow it! Lmbo
  • Options
    icanteven said:

My husband's started 6 days before my due date too! What's up with that? haha. Thankfully, mine actually seemed to be doing better this morning!!
    He has been gargling with salt water 3x a day & lets me take his temp (good way to test out the baby's thermometer ;)) so far, no temp.
    If he does have a temp I'm just going to have him wear a mask or something. I cannot imagine him not being in there, not only bc it's our first, but bc he will keep me sane.
    Hopefully, my DH's clears up as quick as yours did :):)
  • Options
    Have him gargle with Apple Cider Vinegar or GSE! It will work wonders!!!