July 2015 Moms
Options

38 weeks just waiting!

Had an appointment today and they checked to see if I was dilated. Wow that was kind of uncomfortable and pointless. No progress yet and still carrying high. I have a feeling I'm going past my due date of July 18th. My family is going crazy asking for updates and keep telling them there is no tellin when he will come! Wish I knew! I'm ready to get labor over with. Anyone else feeling kind of grumpy and anxious? I'm sure everyone is at this point. :)

Re: 38 weeks just waiting!

• Options
    Im pretty much in the same boat. Cervix checks are painful and pointless because my cervix is still closed. Due day is 19 or 20th. My Ob has already marked me down to be induced on th 27th just in case.... Im so anxious to get to meet my baby! Every appointment is another disappointment because baby is not here
  • Options
    Yes! The last few weeks are torture! Lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I feel exactly the same, I am due July 15th. I am soooo ready for this baby to make a move, every twinge I feel I think ooh is that baby coming... then nothing :( x
  • Options
    I hear you. 38 weeks tomorrow and no contractions. Just a lot of low pressure. My DD came 2 weeks early so I was hopeful. Guess we'll see...
  • Options
    emma003 said:

I feel exactly the same, I am due July 15th. I am soooo ready for this baby to make a move, every twinge I feel I think ooh is that baby coming... then nothing :( x

We share a due date and i am also in the same boat! I am hyper aware of everything and keep thinking it's "it" but nothing materializes. This is getting old, fast..What are you having, i wonder which one of us will go first?

• Options
    bridgitdbridgitd member
    edited July 2015
    I'm due July 19th and no signs of impending labour either. The midwives don't do cervical checks until you're considered late (at 41 weeks), which to be honest I'm fine with as I've heard it is pointless and not very pleasant. I guess just try to relax (Hah, yeah right!!)... Unfortunately baby is not on our desired timeline!
    From what a lot of people have previously posted in other discussions there seems to be a lot of unnecessary interventions going on before there is any medical need. Maybe baby just needs to do a little extra baking in there to be extra perfect for us mommas when he/she arrives
  • Options
    My due date is the same date! I am so Anxious, nervous, and cranky! I want him to be here now! And they won't induce me until Tuesday! (I have Gestational diabetes) so they won't let me go to 40 weeks but I am so impatient! I wish he would just come this weekend! Or soon! But anywho good luck! I am in the same boat and hope everything goes smoothely for you during labor and delivery!! :)
  • Options
    Yep I'm only 35.1 and I just can't wait for it to be over. This is my last pregnancy and I can't wait to have it be over. I just want to meet my girls and be able to walk around normally again. I have a c section date of July 30th already set up. I'm secretly hoping I go into labor early. I just want them to be healthy without the need for a nicu visit :)
  • Options
    @sassygirl51486 - still no signs of baby arriving anytime soon :( - what about you? we are team green - can't wait for the surprise to meet our wee bundle! do you know what you are having? have you jibed the Facebook group the mommy club? I am in Scotland, where are you from?
  • Options
    I'm due July 22nd and I'm also just impatiently waiting. I'm on leave and thought it would be wonderful but I'm starting to feel restless and a little useless around the house. I imagined that I would have all this energy and motivation to make freezer meals, get organized, and wash everything that will touch babys skin but nope! I have to force myself to take a dang shower!!
  • Options
    Handree said:
    I'm due July 22nd and I'm also just impatiently waiting. I'm on leave and thought it would be wonderful but I'm starting to feel restless and a little useless around the house. I imagined that I would have all this energy and motivation to make freezer meals, get organized, and wash everything that will touch babys skin but nope! I have to force myself to take a dang shower!!
    OMG, Handree! I feel the EXACT same way! I started leave this week and thought I would be doing all sorts of things around the house and I also have to force myself to take a shower! I feel as though I have no energy at all. And then again, there is a part of me that feels like I deserve this "lazy" time; as I will never have this amount of time to just lay around and do nothing ever again! My due date is July 20th and I am seriously hoping my daughter doesn't come a day before then! Yes, I am anxious for her to get here, but again, this alone time and also this time that I am getting to spend with my husband will never happen again once the baby is here. I am honestly trying to soak it all in! :-)
  • Options
    Marinewife81Marinewife81 member
    edited July 2015
    I'm also due on the 20th...and as of my appointment Tuesday, still only 1cm. My doctor is out of town until Monday and up until a couple days ago, I really wanted to wait for him to get back before I had the baby (he delivered my other 2 and we're team green this time), but now I almost don't care. I haven't slept in days and I'm sick of everyone asking me when I'm having the baby. I have lots of stuff coming up in the next few weeks and just want to know whether or not I'll be able to do ANY of it.

ETA: My next appointment is Monday, so if no baby by then (which is looking highly doubtful), I'll ask him to sweep my membranes.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    emma003 said:
    @sassygirl51486 - still no signs of baby arriving anytime soon :( - what about you? we are team green - can't wait for the surprise to meet our wee bundle! do you know what you are having? have you jibed the Facebook group the mommy club? I am in Scotland, where are you from?

Well, nothing up until this morning for sure. I started noticing traces of a mucus plug last night and there was more of it today when i woke up, no mistaking it so we'll see! Fingers crossed!!! I have also been a little crampy lately. We are having a boy. I bet you are anxious to find out what yours is, that is going to be the best moment ever for you in the delivery room!! I haven't yet joined on facebook, maybe i will :) And i live in PA

• Options
    I am also due July 22nd; and this whole waiting thing is driving me crazy! Although I am still working which helps but being a therapist,my job is very physical and for the last 2 weeks they have put me in light duty. Which basically means I've turned into a secretary and I hate it. I'm a very active type of person so this whole sitting around and making phone calls and organizing documents all day are driving me crazy. I am so bored and restless and I just feel like my life has been put on hold until my son is born. Why do they take so long?
  • Options
    kab28kab28 member
    I'm due July 23rd and I'm also getting anxious. I just want to meet me baby boy! Hopefully at my next appointment, This tuesday, my cervix will be open. I really don't want to go over. Baby was 5 1/2 lb at 33 weeks. If he's keeping up that half a pound a week I'll have one big boy. Kinda scared about that.
  • Options
    mirrenruemirrenrue member
    edited July 2015
    I was in the same boat! At 38 weeks I was nothing. Well he was low but that was it. I kicked into desperation mode and started taking evening primrose oil (3 orally and 4 at night vaginally) and in 6 days I wasn't dilated but began thinning and then four days after that I had my bloody show. Had my baby the next day at 39+4. Only had a small internal laceration - none on outside and my baby was 8.11 lbs I'm FTM. I credit that to the primrose oil just sayin! My friend told me about it and I wish I would've started taking it earlier (36 weeks). It doesn't induce labor just helps!!
  • Options
    @babylo1 that's a great way to look at it! As I'm getting more and more uncomfortable, I'm leaning more towards finally going on leave this week. On my days off, I feel like I don't have enough time and energy to do what I need to get done so I just end up lounging, lol. Maybe then I can do both- lounge around and get shit done! I have my 38 week appt on Tuesday, so maybe I'll decide then for sure!

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options

I am also due July 22nd; and this whole waiting thing is driving me crazy! Although I am still working which helps but being a therapist,my job is very physical and for the last 2 weeks they have put me in light duty. Which basically means I've turned into a secretary and I hate it. I'm a very active type of person so this whole sitting around and making phone calls and organizing documents all day are driving me crazy. I am so bored and restless and I just feel like my life has been put on hold until my son is born. Why do they take so long?

@RcknRbyn13 I'm a nurse and have been on modified duty for the last 6 weeks... Doing chart audits! So I know how you feel! I get up often and walk around the hospital for exercise since the AC is blasting! That's been one of the perks since it's been triple digits HOT out here in northern Cali! Hang in there...

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    mrsrep123 said:

@RcknRbyn13 I'm a nurse and have been on modified duty for the last 6 weeks... Doing chart audits! So I know how you feel! I get up often and walk around the hospital for exercise since the AC is blasting! That's been one of the perks since it's been triple digits HOT out here in northern Cali! Hang in there...
    @mrsrep123 I walk around the hospital where I work all day too. It's all I can do to prevent myself from going stir crazy. Besides if I don't my butt falls asleep lol
  • Options
    mrsrep123 said:
    @babylo1 that's a great way to look at it! As I'm getting more and more uncomfortable, I'm leaning more towards finally going on leave this week. On my days off, I feel like I don't have enough time and energy to do what I need to get done so I just end up lounging, lol. Maybe then I can do both- lounge around and get shit done! I have my 38 week appt on Tuesday, so maybe I'll decide then for sure!
    Yes, I was also actually 38+2 when I finally decided enough was enough with work. Not only was (still am!) I getting more and more uncomfortable, but my mind is just not there. My work was suffering! I am forgetting everything and I just don't have any energy. I am now 39 weeks, and as I lay here in bed, I honestly can not imagine having to get up in 5.5 hours to head to work in the morning!
  • Options
    Wow, I kno exactly how you are feeling. I am 39 weeks and feel normal, no contractions no signs. I was praying she would be out already! EDD is 22nd July! Really want to see my LO ASAP! But as a FTM I have no clue what to expect...trying to be patient but I'm plagued with anxiety.
  • Options
    ktbowektbowe member
    I'm due July 22nd and I check in to the hospital tonight to be induced tomorrow morning. I'm a lil nervous bc all 3 of my other pregnancies have started on their own.
  • Options
    eclohoecloho member
    I'm 38 weeks & sick of hearing that the proverbial "they" say most FTMs go past the due date! Come on early arrival!! :-@
  • Options
    rcsudsrcsuds member
    38.2, and I only got the checks this week and last to find out if I dilated. I'm officially 1cm and 60% effaced! But still... I don't think I will be early, nor do my docs.