January 2016 Moms

Progesterone Suppositories-side effects of being done?

I've been on progesterone suppositories (Crinone) since 2 DPO due to past low progesterone/MC in December. I'm nearing the 12th week mark and my doctor said I can stop taking it then. Any other mamas have experience with side effects of ending the Progesterone? I'm instructed to just stop cold turkey and I know any bleeding will freak me out. I have a doctor appointment this weekend (I'll ask her then) but wanted to hear some real-life experience with this! TIA :)

Re: Progesterone Suppositories-side effects of being done?

• I did not have any side effects when I finished (and I was taking them beforehand to assist me in conceiving as well). I actually stopped at 10 weeks as they had said anytime between 10 and 12 weeks. No cramping, bleeding, or anything! Just a much easier daily routine. :-P

TTC #1 10/2014
    Low progesterone
    BFP 05/2015
    Baby boy born 01/2016
    Currently: NTNP

• The only side effect I had was a little less discharge ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • No side effects for me either. Just good ones. Less gooey discharge, felt more "normal", not so emotional... Enjoy!
  • Same here. No effects afterward except I finally started to feel a little like myself again and less like a raging nutcase. Oh, and got my appetite back which could have been coincidental since I went off at 13w.
  • My side effect of stopping Crinone was happiness. Decreased bloating, more normal feeling, less yuck!
    -LJ
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had a bad headache after stopping that lasted 2 days. Then I felt fine, good even. So good, I got scared something was wrong and went on for an ultrasound. Everything was great. You don't realize how bad you feel on that stuff until you quit.
  • Thank you so much for the feedback!  I definitely won't miss the discharge and all that's come with taking it. I've been feeling like this pregnancy has been so much worse than my first but I realized recently that it could have been from the progesterone. Thanks again! 
  • I took it from weeks 4-11 and didn't notice any side effects other than the decrease in discharge, which as PPs mentioned, was welcomed! I did have a surge of morning sickness weeks 11 and 12, which now I'm wondering was from coming off, but then at 13 I was fine again so who knows!
  • I stopped at 10w and had no side effects! : )
  • LierzaLierza member
    I stopped at the end of 12 weeks and have been off them for a little over a week. I have had no issues other than a little extra nausea and headaches but that's getting better now.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • This is my 4th pregnancy being on them. I am stopping at the end of this week. I don't think I've ever had any side effects. I hope once I stop my pills, it makes me less bitchy. 
    N (2004)A (2007), N (2010), and L (due 1/2016)
  • So glad to see that none of you had spotting. Im 15w tomorrow and we are starting the ween down. I've been beyond nervous about stopping and having bleeding.
    Married the love of my life: 11/12/2009
    1st BFP ever : 11/19/2014
    1/9/2015 our miracle baby was welcomed in heaven.
    BFP #2 : 4/21/2015
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Pure joy! I had pinkish discharge with them, I thought the supps might be irritating my cervix. That's all gone now as soon as I stopped.

Two years, two losses and three IUIs...

We are having TRIPLETS!

EDD 1/26/16

GGB born November 2015!