Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

feeling robbed of furture joy

Hi ladies my husband and i just experienced our second mc this time we were at 7 weeks. My husband and i are devastated at our loss. This being our second mc im so afraid of the furture I feel like losing these past two babies has made me feel like I shouldn't let myself get too excited when we concieve again im afraid to become so attached to another baby in case we lose him or her again. When we lost this last one I felt like a part of my heart died too, I feel like I have been robbed of any furture joy and excitement because of my fears.But than i feel horrible for feeling afraid to relish in the joy and excitement . Im sure others have felt this way at some point :**( . Pregnancy has been the happiest and the scariest of times in my life. ♡♡♡

Re: feeling robbed of furture joy

• Options
    I'm sorry you're going through this. It's totally normal after going through a loss. You feel robbed of the joy of pregnancy and it sucks. We've just experienced our second loss as well, only we had a healthy son in between. My pregnancy with DS was easy - textbook, even - but I still had a hard time enjoying it. It does get easier the father along you get, but you'll never again be naive and carefree. The good news is, you're in good company. I found it so helpful to talk to other PGAL moms during pregnancy. I hope this next time is your rainbow baby.
    BFP #1 10/6/11 | EDD 6/15/12 | MMC 11/7/11 @ 8w3d | D&C 11/14/11

BFP #2 8/22/12 | EDD 5/5/13 | DS1 born 5/9/13

BFP #3 4/25/15 | EDD 1/7/16 | MMC 7/2/15 @ 13w1d | D&E 7/8/15

BFP #4 12/9/15 | EDD 8/22/16 | DS2 born 5/18/16 at 26w2d

Just keep swimming.
  • Options
    @bananers im so sorry to hear about your recent loss as well :*( its never thank easy. Thats great you guys were able to have a healthy baby I like hearing happy stories♡ i appericate your feedback your right It is really helpful to use this site its a wonderful support group♡♡
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It really sucks, I feel the same after 1.
    My coworker had 2 mc and is about 20 weeks pregnant. Her first 2 mc were both before 9 weeks.
  • Options
    I'm afraid too. I know people say it helps to say to yourself every day (once you do get pg again), "Today, I am pregnant." 
    I don't know if that will work for me because I lost my dd at a later stage (28 weeks) and it seems like it was a long and slow process so I was losing her when I didn't even know it. I know if and when we get pg again, it will not be fun and carefree :(
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• Options
    :( im sad for all you ladies I know we all loved our babies so much ♡♡ best wishes to everyone
  • Options
    Im so sorry! We discovered yesterday the heart stopped beating, i was 7weeks 5 days.
    also our second mc this year.
    I totally understand you and feel just the same way! So scared that it wel never work :(
  • Options
    ALC08ALC08 member
    I feel the same way! After 2 miscarriages in less than a year, and no other children, it's hard to watch other people go through pregnancy carefree and know it will never be you. I've only had bad experiences being pregnant and can't imagine being able to relax and enjoy it at any point. I guess you just have to take it one day at a time.
  • Options
    One day at a time and endless prayers ♡♡:**(