August 2015 Moms

*update* Nervous momma..

mimigrace12mimigrace12 member
edited July 2015 in August 2015 Moms
So, this weekend my SO and I were having sex, and I began bleeding a lot. It ended up just being a ruptured blood vessel in my cervix which was no big deal, but bc of the incident I had an emergency ultrasound this weekend. I'm 33 weeks pregnant at the moment. So I had a follow up appointment with my family doctor today, and he informed me that at the ultrasound they found an 11 mm cyst in the third ventricle of baby's brain. He didn't tell me much about it and told me not to worry and that he wants a second opinion before we go ahead further with everything so I'm waiting to get an appointment at Vancouver's women and children's hospital. Not one to want to be left in the dark, of course I have googled it and seen that it can mean some pretty terrible things. Just wondering if anybody else had any experiences like this or information.. Trying not to worry until we know for sure what's going on.

Re: *update* Nervous momma..

• victoriaaa1victoriaaa1 member
    edited June 2015
    I don't have advice but it's kinda good that happen and went to get checked then that was found . I hope everything is ok with you and baby .
  • I don't have any advice but I'll be hoping for the best for both you and your baby.
  • Loading the player...
  • Praying for you and your LO!
  • Sending you t&p!
  • So sorry no experience but lots of thoughts and prayers to you both!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I don't have any experience, but sending my thoughts and prayers your way!
    Also, Google is not your friend! Unless you want a panic attack, best to stay away until you have more info on your specific situation..
  • Praying for you and baby!!! Glad they found it though!
  • Thoughts and prayers for you and little one!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • They found a cyst on my nephew's brain during the A/S, doc told them the same thing yours told you. It ended up resolving itself and he's a healthy little 20 month old climbing terror now ;). Hopefully you'll end up in the same boat! Wishing you the best.
  • Thank you, ladies! These stories are reassuring for me. What scares me though is that I'm so close to being full term. Like your friends, usually these things are caught in the A/S, where as my A/S came up completely normal and this is a new development. I have cut myself off from Google!
  • Im glad youre staying off of google! It will just scare you more. Keep us updated. Thinking of you!
  • Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers! I recently had an unsuspected anomaly found on an ultrasound, so I can appreciate how scary it is and frustrating not having all the info. Definitely stay off of Google!!
  • Thoughts and prayers for you and baby!! Hoping for quick test results so you don't drive yourself crazy!
  • Sending thoughts and prayers!!!
  • Thoughts and prayers!!
  • Sending thoughts and prayers your way!
  • Yup, really worrying now is not going to change  a thing! But thinking positive & spreading positive energy around yourself will most likely bring in positive news. So, stay positive and don't panic and worry for now. Best wishes and hugs!
  • Wishing for the best possible outcome for your little one!

• Waiting on pins and needles for the phone call today. Thank you, everyone, for all of the support during this stressful time. Muchly appreciated!
  • Keep us posted!
  • Thank goodness! Glad to hear!
  • Oh such great news!! Congrats, I am really happy for you!! I would say go have a drink to celebrate....but...ya know! So go have some ice cream or something else fun instead!
  • Great news! Will be thinking about you while you wait for the remaining news but this is definitely worth some ice cream!
  • Thats great!! I know your relieved, i hope you And LO have an uneventful pregnancy from here on out.

• So sorry that you are dealing with this, but what great news so far!!! Will keep you baby and your family in prayers. Stay positive and positive things will happen. So glad you banned Google!
  • Glad it's good news so far!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yay! Congrats on the good news so far! T&P'S for more good news when the rest of your results come in.
  • Spoke with another doctor this afternoon, I guess I have tested positive for the cytomegolovirus (CMV). They looked at my blood tests from the 1st tri and I had tested negative, which means I contracted it sometime while I was preggo. They tested my amniotic fluid and baby tested negative but it was already 4 days old because that's when they got the blood tests back. Soo have another U/S scheduled for Monday, as well as meetings with the infectious disease clinc and maternal fetal medicine clinic. I swear, it never ends! This last trimester has been something else