May 2015 Moms
Options

2 month shots...Need advice!

jamielynn727jamielynn727 member
edited July 2015 in May 2015 Moms
Can't decide if I should get all my LO's shots at once or break them up in to 2 visits. Any suggestions or experiences? I don't want to overload his system...thanks in advance!

Re: 2 month shots...Need advice!

• Options
    His system is exposed to hundreds of things a day and constantly pimps out antibiotics for each one. The schedule was built for a reason. I would t change anything until there is a problem.

If it helps my Dd2.5 is 4 months post bone marrow transplant. She has less of a working system than my 7 week old. When she is allowed to get shots again at a year, they will give her like 6 at a time on the catch up schedule.

It doesn't overload their system. He'll be fine. And if for some reason you discover he reacts badly (unlikely), then you can discuss a new plan with your doctor.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    There's a whole thread about this already.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    For 2 month check up my kids got 3 shots and one liquid. Only cried for a second and was just fine. Better to get them all done and over with and get that baby protected. Good luck.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    If you would like to space it out, check out Dr Bob Sears vaccination schedule. It's one or two a month, spaced out. I think it's a lot for babies to take in all at once, and my Dr agrees, so we have opted for that schedule.
  • Options
    My husband just did all the research for us and we decided to go with all at one time. This is what he said
    "Delayed isn't good. The cdc schedule has scientific reasons for being done that way. Trying to find specifics but breaking them up leaves the vulnerable longer, adds trauma/fear associated with dr, leaves more room for errors since ta customized. Kids have been known to get doubled up on the shot instead of receiving 2 diff shots. Etc"
    Nope. And no risk of overloading the immune system. Only risk is bad reactions/allergies which could happen if all at once or spread out"
    I asked him to give me his sources and he got all his information from
    Yeah. Cdc. Mayo clinic. And 2 others one was for Drs in medical terms, it took me a min to read.

Plus my books also said it..
    This was our decision! Maybe do some reading of your own to see What is best for you guys
  • Options
    I would just do them unless your LO was a preemie or has done sort of medical condition which requires a delayed schedule.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    Shots just aren't fun, for anyone of any age. If you break them up you're just giving them two hard days instead of one, with no study ever having shown any benefit. My daughter had a tough day when she got her two-months, but I'm so glad that now we have a break until the next set rather than just constantly making the Dr a scary place, and that I can be more comfortable out in the world with her knowing she has some protection from as many terrible diseases as possible, rather than just some of them.