January 2016 Moms
Options

bleeding for only 4 hours

Almost 12 weeks, 2 great ultrasounds string heartbeats, had a pelvic exam with pap Tuesday, then bleed Saturday night pretty heavy no cramps, then Sunday nothing, light spotting with wiping... Kinda worried, 2nd pregnancy, no issues with the first, 11 month old.. any advice?? Rn said don't worry about it if no cramps or no increased bleeding..

Re: bleeding for only 4 hours

• Options
    If it wasnt enough to soak a pad within an hour, and has stopped, I would not worry yourself. I know that's likely impossible for you to *not* worry though. Call your doctor in the morning to discuss your concerns if you feel you need to, but please know that spotting is common throughout pregnancy.

If you search and lurk, you will see this is very common and it may help ease your mind.
  • Options
    Had some bleeding at 14+1 with light cramps. Dr wasn't in on Friday and if cramps and bleeding got heavier I would have to of gone to the ER.... But it didn't get worse. My bleeding was heavy at first and bright red in color... Then a few hours later I had brownish colored blood and was spotting. Eventually it stopped and I haven't had any cramps.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the info, yes, mine was only heavy for about 4hours, now just the spotting. But now dull back aches, feels like I may try to start my period...May be round ligament pain though.. would u recommend a trip to ER for a heartbeat check??
  • Options
    Thank you yes it's very tough Not to worry.. I need peace of mind..
  • Options
    I personally wouldn't. I did not. I have faith that my baby is ok. I'm very slender and petite so I do feel small movements here and there.

However you say back pains... Do you have any bleeding or is that completely over?
  • Options
    Heavy bleeding at 11 weeks, went to ER, good ultrasound results, the doctor prescribed me some kind of anti-contraction drug and order me to bedrest for a week. I'm 12 weeks + 3 now and no more bleeding since 5 days ago.

My suggestion is go see your doctor and make sure that everything is alright.
  • Options
    Since it was heavy bleeding I would go get an ultrasound at urgent care or the ER.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020