3rd Trimester
Options

Spotting and Braxton Hicks

I am a FTM at 35 wks 6 days. I've had Braxton hicks contractions since I was about 30 weeks but yesterday I had them for about 5 hours with up to 4 of them in one hour. I woke up this morning and found a light brown spotting. I now have had about 7 BH in the last 3 hours. I have an appointment scheduled tomorrow morning and haven't called my OB yet. Anyone experienced this before?

Re: Spotting and Braxton Hicks

• Options
    Can you call a nurse just to ask if this is normal? 
    I would be slightly more curious about the spotting than the braxton hicks contractions. Though, that could possibly be the start of losing your mucus plug?

Haven't experienced this, so I can't really say. 
    Let us know how it goes! 

• Options
    I agree that the spotting is more concerning than the BH. If you're having them that often, you may and probably are a little dehydrated. I'd call your OB and find out what they think, and also up your water intake and see if that helps the BH.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Went in to visit my OB and she checked my cervix which turned out to be closed. She said up to 4 BH an hour could be normal but anything over that needs to be a call in. The spotting could be from stress? She's going to monitor weekly. Overall, said this is probably preterm contractions. Thank you for the replies!
  • Options
    Glad to hear everything seems to be just fine! Thanks for the update!