2nd Trimester
Options

A lot of pressure on pelvic bone - only 16 weeks.

Is this normal? Horrible pain when walking and getting up from sitting

Re: A lot of pressure on pelvic bone - only 16 weeks.

• Options
    Yes I am 21 weeks and has a lot of pressure on my pelvic.. It is normal could be the pressure of the baby or you expanding and getting ready for the baby.
  • Options
    Ive had really sore thigh/hips especially when im sleeping on my side! I believe its your ligaments stretching and getting prepared for birth. Not sure if you are experiencing what I have but yea alot of the aches and pains are down to delivery prep.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    With my 1st I did... Waiting to see if I get that sumptom this time around lol... Try to stay off your feet more and it should help lol :)
  • Options
    This happened to me a lot earlier than my first (I was around 30 weeks last time, I was about 20 weeks this time). My dr thinks it could be SPD, where the ligaments between the pelvic bone have stretched more than normal, but wanted me to change some workout habits before sending me for further testing or physiotherapy. No exercises where my legs are more than hip distance apart, and I've even heard the elliptical can make it worse. When turning over or getting up try to keep your knees together. The good news if that's what you're dealing with, is it goes away without any lasting repercussions after baby comes. Good luck!
  • Options
    I am in a ton of pain in my back (tailbone), hips, inner thighs, and legs! I'm 14 weeks and have been having this pain since week 8 or 9. No one ever told me how much the "stretching" would actually hurt!! I'm hoping it gets better but it's probably wishful thinking...