December 2014 Moms
Options

Nursing to sleep

Anyone still doing it? I have been - why fix what ain't broke - but it hasn't been working so well lately...
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Nursing to sleep

• Options
    I'm still rocking my kiddo to sleep and have no intention of stopping. If it works, then why not. As long as you are happy that's all that matters!
  • Options
    We just moved so his schedule has gotten all topsy turvy. Last two days he's only taken one mega-nap (about 2.3-3 hours) at 10 am, then hasn't wanted to take a second nap. He won't nurse to sleep at night, but settled down pretty quickly if I just put him in his pack n play and let him talk himself to sleep. He hasn't been sleeping in his new room - we have him in the pack n play in our room because it's been really hot and we have a portable ac in there...
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nursing and rocking hasn't worked for us for a few months. We had to start putting him down awake at about 4 months. Some days he's out in minutes, other days it takes an hour. Guess it depends on if he's overtired or not.
  • Options
    We give him formula and rock him for every sleep. It works 90% of the time, but I'm hoping to get him to try falling asleep on his own soon.
  • Options
    pchungpchung member
    I still nurse my 8 month old to sleep.  If that is what lets her sleep thought the night then so be it.  If it's not broken why fix it. 

Someone judged me and I asked if their baby slept through the night.  When they said no I just smiled. 
  • Options
    knoxJbknoxJb member
    I nurse to sleep. I'm really struggling though. We are also co sleeping. Both of these things I want to change but it's just so hard. He screams when dad tries to put him to sleep. Theoretically we have been doing this because he doesn't cry at night if he just nurses and sleeps with us. But I'd like to sleep at Night more than we are. He wakes up every 1.5-2 hours at least. I'd also like to sleep with my husband alone sometimes. ;)
  • Options
    I nurse my 7 month old to sleep at night. I seriously need my sleep, so months ago I started nursing her to sleep in my bed instead of the glider. She and I both usually fall asleep pretty quickly. I don't know if she wakes me or I wake up on my own about an hour later, but when I do, I move her to her crib. She then sleeps there all night. I may have created a monster, but it works for us for now. During the day, she naps in the crib for my mother. I'd sure like her to eventually go to bed at night on her own, I just can't talk myself into letting her CIO though.