June 2015 Moms
Options

Dealing with big breasts

I had big breasts before the baby...I was a 40F. I am not sure what I size I am now that I am breastfeeding. I am FTM so I don't know how to deal with this. I know I will consider breast reduction once I am done having kids.

Re: Dealing with big breasts

• Options
    Me too! I'm a 36j right now and it's so frustrating! It's hard to feed her and impossible to find a good nursing bra. All I think about is wanting a breast reduction
  • Options
    Do you ladies have to use a nipple shield? I'm extremely large chested to! Plus I have flat nipples. I have to use a shield or my girls can't latch. It was that way with my son too.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't post very often at all but I'm glad to see I'm not the only one... if anyone has found a comfortable and supportive nursing bra please share!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    i was a 32E at 150lbs
    at my regular of 170 i dont know what i was, and now im even bigger because of breast feeding.
    and feeding my LO is almost a 3 hand job. its hard to be modest without a cover when your boob is bigger than their head. i have have to look into getting a nipple shield for my left side.
  • Options
    36G Over here. I also use a nipple shield and have flat nipples. It's super hard to latch LO while manipulating huge boobage.

I have an Anita brand nursing bra I bought on Amazon. For no underwire, the support isn't terrible. Kinda makes my boobs pointy but I usually wear a cami that solves that problem.
  • Options
    I've been living in Bravado nursing tanks since the baby was born. They come in larger sizes and provide decent support. Even though they are expensive, I feel like they're well made. I also sleep in them and they're relatively comfy.
  • Options
    @rjc2986 where did you find those nursing tanks?

• Options
    teather5 said:

36G Over here. I also use a nipple shield and have flat nipples. It's super hard to latch LO while manipulating huge boobage.

I have twins, and feed them at the same time. It's extremely hard trying to make sure they latch right with my huge chest. I'm a H cup. It's about impossible to nurse them in public. I take a bottle and my pump if I know I will be out and about for a long period of time.

• Options
    @DolphinLover2002 bravadodesigns.com and they sell them on Amazon. They're $50 each, but worth it in my opinion.
  • Options
    I didn't even know there was g and h cups. I learn something new everyday. I just got ds and I thought those were big compared to my regular c cup boobies. I'll enjoy them while they last.
  • Options
    I have huge boobs. Not sure what size I am right now. I got nursing tank tops from babies r us and I love them. I feel they support me pretty well. I wear them everyday under my shirts instead of a bra!
  • Options
    My boobs are enormous before I got pregnant and now after pregnancy they're even bigger. /:) any suggestions as to where I can go to get my bra size that actually sells the bras that I need? Victoria's Secret is out. Since before pregnancy I went there and they measured me they didn't have any bra that I fit into comfortably.
  • Options
    I would try Lane Bryant. They have bigger sizes. That's where I bought my bras pre pregnancy.
  • Options
    I have found this style of breastfeeding super helpful with large breasts. There are links to videos at the end and one is specifically for women with large breasts. I highly recommend it for all of you juggling and feeling like you need 3 hands. I'm able to feed with both hands free after a little practice.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
  • Options
    I'm using triumph lace maternity bra & I m an e cup, before this I was using bonds & berlei and had huge back pain. It looks , feels & wears like a wired minimising bra.
  • Options
    eshugarmaneshugarman member
    edited July 2015
    I am a 34k. I buy Elomi bras on Amazon or barenecessities.com. They are very well made but also very expensive. A less expensive alternative is their cheaper brand-goddess. Not quite as substantial and comes in fewer sizes, but based on the posts above, it would fit many of you.
  • Options
    I forgot to comment about the nipple shield. I have to use it as well but now I only use it on my right side. In the beginning I had to use it for both. I was told not to use it by a lactation consultant to avoid nipple confusion. But LO doesn't care as long as she's being fed.

As far as a feeding in public it is difficult. I have only done once. Every other time I have pumped before hand. I need to keep the manual pump in the bag so I can give her more if necessary.

I am so glad I am not alone in this.
  • Options
    I don't have large breasts but thought I would share that I was at Nordstom getting fitted for a nursing bra and they told me they can alter a regular bra into a nursing bra for $16. That may open up more options than the standard nursing bra
  • Options
    kezdkkezdk member
    Compared to the ladies in this thread, my boobs are small...but I started at a B cup, and have progressed to a DD. I really sympathize with your struggle, because if I am feeling less than thrilled with my DDs, I cannot imagine your discomfort. I feel like I have 2 giant boulders hanging off my chest...they are heavy and they hurt! I always wanted bigger boobs growing up, and my sister and I used to dream of breast augmentation - lol...give me back my B's!!!! I finally understand the bra phrase, "over shoulder boulder holder"
  • Options
    kby721kby721 member
    I am now a 32G and also have to use a nipple shield. I went to Nordstrom to get fitted and ordered a Cupcake nursing bra. They are pricey but offer great support, are comfortable and don't necessarily look like a nursing bra. They run in European sizes so make sure you look at the size conversion chart when ordering. I also got a sports bra from VS. I like for my sports bras to be tight so I was able to order the 32DDD. I was a 32B before I got pregnant so this is a whole new world for me.
  • Options
    I've always been large chested, so I thought I'd be prepared for any growth, but holy moly! I'm now a 34 G-H and can't find anything that fits properly. I recently ordered a bravado nursing bra and that is better than anything else I've been able to find but still not great. I know underwires aren't preferred if your nursing, but I really could use he extra support! So frustrating