November 2015 Moms

Favorite car seat/ stroller brand..

2»

Re: Favorite car seat/ stroller brand..

• After debating & going back & forth, we decided on the Graco FastAction Fold Jogger Click Connect Travel System (seriously, why are the names so long?). Originally we were going with a Graco Verb, but I really wanted a jogger because we have a great jogging trail across from where we live. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • VexedMommyVexedMommy member
    edited July 2015
    Are any of you ladies also planning on doing baby wearing?  I think the stroller is important because it's a multi-year use item even after baby would be cumbersome to wear so I'm not implying it's not useful, but do you intend to do most of your errands and fitness walking (obviously not running/jogging) while wearing baby?  I loved baby wearing with my first in a soft structured carrier.  I guess I'm just curious if your desire to wear baby for most activities affects your stroller choice. 

ETA:  grammar.  Also, I'm getting a Graco jogging stroller for beach play and jogging/running.  (lol.  BF thinks we're all going to start jogging after baby is born.) 
    If there's something strange underneath the hood.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  If there's something weird and it don't look good.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  Immediately.  If it's new, painful, and possibly pregnancy related get your ass off the internet and call your doctor.  It's for your health and your child's. 

• Loading the player...
  • Are any of you ladies also planning on doing baby wearing?  I think the stroller is important because it's a multi-year use item even after baby would be cumbersome to wear so I'm not implying it's not useful, but do you intend to do most of your errands and fitness walking (obviously not running/jogging) while wearing baby?  I loved baby wearing with my first in a soft structured carrier.  I guess I'm just curious if your desire to wear baby for most activities affects your stroller choice. 

ETA:  grammar.  Also, I'm getting a Graco jogging stroller for beach play and jogging/running.  (lol.  BF thinks we're all going to start jogging after baby is born.) 
    Yes! I registered for both a structured carrier (an Infantino Fusion Flexible Position Baby Carrier) & a Boba wrap. I registered for both because I'm not sure what my preference will be. My SO said he would prefer the structured carrier, and I like the wrap style, so I'm sure we'll get use out of both if we receive both. I'd like to do errands & walk around the house while wearing her, and then use the jogger for longer trips and running/jogging when she is bigger.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Are any of you ladies also planning on doing baby wearing?  I think the stroller is important because it's a multi-year use item even after baby would be cumbersome to wear so I'm not implying it's not useful, but do you intend to do most of your errands and fitness walking (obviously not running/jogging) while wearing baby?  I loved baby wearing with my first in a soft structured carrier.  I guess I'm just curious if your desire to wear baby for most activities affects your stroller choice. 

The Graco jogging stroller is the one that we registered for, too... for us, we had a major struggle finding a stroller that was tall enough for my husband because he's super tall. Also we have the crappiest sidewalks ever, which means we needed a stroller that could handle the terrain. We decided to do the travel system because that graco carseat was one of the lightest we'd found, which was pretty much our biggest consideration since car seat restrictions are so tough that I'm not overly worried about how safety compares.

I do plan to wear the baby, and I decided on a wrap but we'll see if I change my mind lol. It hasn't really affected my decision since I will actually probably wear the baby more around the house/at church and not places I can take the stroller... we have a big trunk so space isn't really an issue on trips.
  • Britax b agile system for us

Yes! I'd love to baby wear as well! Especially around the house and runs to the store and in walks and such. Not sure which one to go with though. Any suggestions? My husband doesn't really understand the concept. Thinks you can just carry it around with your arms or sit it in the basket at the grocery store
    :|

He'll get there....hopefully. Lol
  • VexedMommyVexedMommy member
    edited July 2015
    mrsaragon said:
    Yes! I'd love to baby wear as well! Especially around the house and runs to the store and in walks and such. Not sure which one to go with though. Any suggestions? My husband doesn't really understand the concept. Thinks you can just carry it around with your arms or sit it in the basket at the grocery store :| He'll get there....hopefully. Lol
    I've done a lot of research and I think we're going to go with the Beco Gemini.  It seems more versatile and not quite as warm as some of the other brands.  The other one I considered was the Lillebaby because they have a version that comes in mesh and one that comes with an area that can be zipped down to expose just mesh so in the summer heat baby will stay a little cooler.  My daughter loved the cheapest knockoff version of a baby bjorn that existed 9yrs ago.  My SD would scream in anything they tried her in.  You never know what will work.  Babywearing International (https://babywearinginternational.org/about-bwi/chapters/) has chapters throughout the US.  For $30 you can sign up for a 1yr membership and try various carriers that they have in their libraries until you find something that works for you and your little one.    

ETA: I'm not going with any of the actual wraps because bf is paranoid about tying baby wrong and the baby falling out. lol.
    If there's something strange underneath the hood.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  If there's something weird and it don't look good.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  Immediately.  If it's new, painful, and possibly pregnancy related get your ass off the internet and call your doctor.  It's for your health and your child's. 

Yes! This is my first baby so I am
    excited to babywear! I have registered for the Moby Wrap but thinking about registering for the Boba Wrap instead. I have heard they are similar except that the Boba has a little spandex so is able to stretch a little. My friend likes her Moby.
    Married: 6.28.14
    TTC #1: 2.1.15
    BFP: 2.23.15 EDD: 11.6.15  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @happylife7 so glad you said that because I have been going back and forth about the moby and boba! Stretch is good.

Yes! This is my first baby so I am excited to babywear! I have registered for the Moby Wrap but thinking about registering for the Boba Wrap instead. I have heard they are similar except that the Boba has a little spandex so is able to stretch a little. My friend likes her Moby.
    I've also heard that the Boba is better. Reviews said the material is softer/nicer, and it has more stretch. I think the Boba costs a little less, too. I've heard good things about the K'tan, too, since it's simpler to wrap, but I don't think the traditional wraps look TOO difficult to master.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am a FTM and from my research, I have decided to go with the Graco Modes Click Connect travel system. It was one of the top recommended as far as safety. Also, I am a petite person so I didn't want something super big and bulky and from being a nanny in the past, the Britax B-Safe was just too heavy for me. The Chicco KeyFit 30 was going to be my second choice but I LOVE the Graco Modes Click Connect stroller!!! So versatile and light weight.
    For a convertible car seat, I like the new Graco 4-1.

Also a FTM and we just bought the Graco click connect travel system. $150 off at babies r us. We had a demo on it and love that you can very quickly remove the seats, that you can have just the infant seat on the stroller, that it has a kickstand to stand it up on its own, that an extra base is only $70 for our second car or that you can use the infant seat without the base, that the seats can be set to seat out or in, that you can use the infant seat with the toddler seat and have a 100% canopy over your infant. We didn't get the jogger even though we were told it'd be better in the snow because I've read that joggers are often too bouncy. The front wheels on the new click connect are single wheels so snow shouldn't be an issue. I also live that you can take both seats off the stroller to fold it up and it makes it shorter. I drive a hatchback and I was concerned I'd never get a stroller in the trunk.
  • @dmiller1213 and @CarrieOct15 Thank you ladies! I think I am going to go with the boba! It's popular enough that even if it doesn't work for me once LO is here, I can return or sell on my local community swap page with no problem! 

@geologynerd Yes!! There are SO many things about the click connect I love especially the 100% coverage by using both the toddler seat and infant seat together. It will be nice during the cold months with a newborn. 
    Married: 6.28.14
    TTC #1: 2.1.15
    BFP: 2.23.15 EDD: 11.6.15  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • tayzavtayzav member

Are any of you ladies also planning on doing baby wearing?  I think the stroller is important because it's a multi-year use item even after baby would be cumbersome to wear so I'm not implying it's not useful, but do you intend to do most of your errands and fitness walking (obviously not running/jogging) while wearing baby?  I loved baby wearing with my first in a soft structured carrier.  I guess I'm just curious if your desire to wear baby for most activities affects your stroller choice. 

Yes! I registered for both a structured carrier (an Infantino Fusion Flexible Position Baby Carrier) & a Boba wrap. I registered for both because I'm not sure what my preference will be. My SO said he would prefer the structured carrier, and I like the wrap style, so I'm sure we'll get use out of both if we receive both. I'd like to do errands & walk around the house while wearing her, and then use the jogger for longer trips and running/jogging when she is bigger.

I plan on wearing her too. I just can't decide on what brand I want to buy to try out. I think it looks convenient, specially when doing things around the house. I registered for a Gracco travel system. My BF talked me outta the jogger because he says I won't use it (I'm an avid runner). He seems to think I'll go do my workout gym thing in the early mornings before he goes to work and he'll go to the gym or run after work. We'll see how that goes, but I may secretly switch to a jogger without him knowing. I know I would use it.
  • Does anyone have any experience with the Chicco bravo system?
  • We got a Recaro infant seat and stroller. I love the features of both. I used Graco with my first but not very impressed with all the recalls in yhe past few years.
  • torriegrace07torriegrace07 member
    edited July 2015
    Eddie Bauer!
    My friend was the first of 8 that had her baby sons finger cut off from a graco stroller. When she called to tell them they made her seem like an idiot that didn't latch the stroller down right. One year later and 8 poor little kids with fingers cut off they finally made a recall and apologized to her.
    Not that all of their equipment is like this and they did fix it but the way they handled it is horrible. She was already a wreck about her poor baby missing half his pinky for the rest of his life. I do not buy graco.