February 2016 Moms

The "glow"

I need some insite to this whole pregnancy glow theory! I am 10 weeks and my mom keeps asking me when I am going to look like a happy pregnant woman. My response was " Mom, I feel like complete crap most of the time. My stomach hurts, im tired and I dont feel cute right now!" Dont get me wrong.. I am super excited and happy about having a little one. But, I just need to feel better. Are you all " glowing??"
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: The "glow"

• LMMamaLMMama member
    Every time I catch a glimpse of myself walking by a mirror I am surprised by how bad I look. Like facially, I look not great.
  • Loading the player...
  • Um, NO. I look terrible. There is no glowing happening over here, either. Actually I think my skin is currently the worst it has ever been.
  • ashcody2ashcody2 member
    edited July 2015
    I would say I wasn't really "glowing" until 2nd trimester - by then, my morning sickness was gone and I had a little baby bump and felt absolutely beautiful! 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't feel like I'm glowing. Unless glowing involves breaking out. That said, I was at a wedding this weekend where no one knew I was pregnant and was told multiple times that I looked great/different/really healthy/etc. Even my husband noticed people commenting, so maybe there's something other people see that we just don't feel?
    Feb '16 October Siggy Challenge: Favorite Candy

• No glow here. Just pale and yucky feeling & looking. Maybe in the 2nd trimester?
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Definitely not in the first tri, I don't think I was a "happy pregnant person" until closer to the end of the second tri when I was showing.

If someone asks me when I'm going to look happy and glow I will seriously PUNCH them in the face!
  • @sbegnaud93 Oh no! thats no good :( I guess that is one thing I should be happy about. I may have craxy nausea, but thankfully not puking! Hope you get to feeling better soon
  • I didn't feel like I have a glow. I felt bloated and nauseas. I haven't fixed my hair or wore makeup since the night I found out I was pregnant. Even going out this weekend I went all natural. Didn't even brush my hair just twisted it up in a messy bun. A stranger told me randomly I look amazing. And despite how I felt, I liked how I looked in pics. The nausea is starting to tame and I think it's showing. It will be just around the corner ladies! Hang in there :) also you probably look a lot better than you feel!

Pregnancy Ticker

Happy Birthday Month to Me!

• @mamaFromero  Thanks for the encouragement... second tri is just around the corner! We cant doooo it! 
  • If by glow you mean the sweat from me puking, then yes.

Yup. My thoughts exactly

*Kate*

February 2016

• Oh god i feel the same!!!! Bloated full acne tired ..i need second tri im 7 weeks 5 days hurry up
  • I think anyone who tells me I look "radiant" right now is using it as a euphemism for "greasy."
  • 4N6s4N6s member
    I've never understood the "glowing" thing. I haven't seen a pregnant woman with a "glow"... Ever.
  • MelJavMelJav member
    Same!!!!! There's nothing glowing with me either
  • 9 weeks here and the only "glow" I have is the oil slick that is my face...gross!!
  • No glow here, I look terrible and pale. I'm always exhausted and mildly nauseous and it definitely shows in my face.
    BabyFruit Ticker Follow my baby story at: http://www.nycitified.blogspot.com/
  • I just feel and look like a tired, pale, fat, spotty teen ... definitely not the glow I hoped for (and I'm 30 btw). But aside from that nothing can wipe the smile off my face :D
  • I must be dry heaving my "glow" right out.... 
  • I looked horrid my entire first pregnancy but this time around I have been told by multiple people that I'm glowing. Haha hah ahaha... Yeah I'm just a pro at hiding how shitty I feel with this one. I promised myself I would at least wear makeup in public (which is probably where my glow is really from *contouring for the win)
  • No glow here, I look terrible and pale. I'm always exhausted and mildly nauseous and it definitely shows in my face.

I was at a concert where pictures were taken this weekend... We told a couple of friends last night... And they were like "oh THATS why you looked kinda miserable in that picture" after I told them how sick I've been feeling.

And to all of the responses... Ditto! No glow and If someone who knows dare ask me why I'm not happy & glowing yet they will b in for a rude awakening!! Few more weeks of this... I'm 10w tomorrow can't edit to escape first tri!
  • I have never seen a pregnant woman glowing, either. What does that even mean? A guy at work used to tell me I was glowing with a previous pregnancy, but coincidentally- only on the days I had used my make up highlighter stick.

Mom to Benjamin 6/2011 and Lena 5/2013; baby 3 on the way

• Like most, no glow here!! Just acne like I'm 15 years old again.
  • If by glow you mean the sweat from me puking, then yes.

I agree! Ugh, just sick and tired all the time. It takes me hours to get myself ready enough to even leave the house. I'm hoping for the second tri to do the glow thing. Fingers crossed!
  • Omg!! I get up every day and I'm dizzy and so nauseous! This last all day..with waves of intensity...takes all my energy not to vomit. Can't control my body temp and feel like a bag of poo. I don't know what they mean by the glow..but am not enjoying being pregnant right now...only at 8 weeks. Oh and did I mention exhausted! !! Hopeful that 2nd tri is much better!!! Hanging in there!
  • My teenage-style pimples are probably glowing, so I guess.
  • I'm almost 8 weeks but I don't have a "glow". When I first conceived the first hint of being pregnant was the RIDICULOUS ACNE that popped up all over my face. Horrible, PAINFUL under-the-skin acne. I had no idea where it was coming from! Now it makes sense... hormones... but OMG it was TERRIBLE! I looked like a damn pepperoni pizza!
    ~Gigi~

First Date w/DH- 1/4/14
    Proposal by DH - 6/21/14
    Married DH - 12/27/14
    Stopped BC - 12/28/14
    LMP - 5/16/15
    IB - 6/15/15
    FRER/BFP (x3) - 6/18/15
    1st Ultrasound (Gestational Sac seen) - 6/30/15
    2nd Ultrasound - 7/14/15 - Healthy little "Hamster" with a strong heartbeat!!! :)

PCOS, 2000mg Metformin/day, and told by Docs I couldn't get pregnant!

• Like most, no glow here!! Just acne like I'm 15 years old again.

I have more acne now than I did when I was 15! Pregnancy makes my skin go bonkers
  • UTHornUTHorn member
    No glow here either. Just a lot of nausea, vomiting, napping, running out of breath, stuff nose. Joked with my husband the other day that this kid better be freaking cute and calling bs on the whole pregnancy glow.
  • @UTHorn I noticed that I was getting short of breath easily as well. I thought it was just in my head lol 
  • TegzyTegzy member
    Bloated...nausea....skin going crazy...feeling like a turd that's been baking on the street just that little bit too long....I hadn't even shaved my legs in over a month until my partner recently saw them and said "oh god....wow....I. ..don't really know what to say about those" lol

Hanging for this so called 'pregnancy glow'
  • MelJavMelJav member
    There's no such thing as glow. It's all bull shit I think lol. It's greasy harmones running though my skin and the hot muggy summer weather. I look fat, bloated and greasy. The glow is just a nice way of saying "grease ball" if u ask me. Ha ha