August 2015 Moms

Anyone Leaking colostrum !?

I'm 35 weeks pregnant and I noticed I'm already leaking colostrum! Does anyone know if this is an early sign of labor? Does it have any correlation to milk supply after labor?

Anyone else noticing this? How far along were you when you noticed your milk supply come in?

Re: Anyone Leaking colostrum !?

• No correlation with milk supply or labor starting. My nipples were leaking at 15 weeks.
  • I'm so tired of leaking. No correlation. Just annoying. Mine usually worsens depending on which bra I wear or when I am wearing a shirt and no bra around the house.
  • Loading the player...
  • tylerytylery member
    I'm a first time mom and I haven't had any leaking! The colostrum only comes out if I actually apply pressure to my nipples (TMI, I know). But I feel so out of place that I haven't experienced leaking like other first time moms yet! Lol
  • @tylery lol soon enough you will wake up in the middle of the night with your bed soaked in leakage! Want my leaky boobs in the mean time?
  • mrieemriee member
    Nope I started leaking at 18 weeks and I'm a 1st time mom. The leaking seems to have intensified the closer I'm getting to my due date but it doesn't mean labor is coming. Basically nothing will give you a warning that labor is on its way but contractions.
  • No correlation with milk supply or labor starting. My nipples were leaking at 15 weeks.

This
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Time to get boobie pads!!! Yeah I leak like crazy. I sneeze the wrong way and I leak.
  • I've only been leaking out of one breast. Is that weird? Lol.
  • I did as well, just something that happens! It really was only my left! I'll tell you that after delivery, you're going to want to throat punch whomever came up with the saying "don't cry over spilt milk.." Because you definitely want to cry when you spill your precious colostrum!!!
  • I'm 36 weeks and have had absolutely no leaking. I'm starting to think there's nothing in there :(
  • No correlation.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • No correlation. I was leaking starting at 16 or 17 weeks with my daughter who was born on her due date. I started leaking at 5 weeks with this one. Fun times.
  • Not really "leakage".. but I may have squeezed my nipples out of pure curiosity to see what would happen. I did squeeze out a tiny bit of colostrum. I was super weird to see.. I can't be the only FTM to do this!
  • I started leaking months ago sporadically out of my left boob but it stopped..nothing on the other side either. So strange! Ha
    DS 8/13/15 
    Blessed  <3o:)
  • i have been investing in breast pads since 17 weeks due to leakage - no correlation to labour or milk supply. Can happen to anyone at anytime during their pregnancy - everyone is completely different. 

For me there is no end in sight...lol 

• Not a sign of labor, but I'm leaky lol
  • Leaking all the time!
  • My twin didn't start leaking until a few days before she went in to labour. I've been leaking since about February or March. Everyone's different!
  • Some people leak from as early at 15-16 weeks. My midwife said that signs of it coming in before birth indicates possible good flow when he's born. Also a strange thing apparently when your baby cries your boobs will leak. Not sure if this is fact or if she was joking with me lol
  • Also a strange thing apparently when your baby cries your boobs will leak. Not sure if this is fact or if she was joking with me lol

Everyone's different but for me any baby cried I'd leak and occasionally spray.
  • LaurmiLaurmi member
    Totally leaking off and on over here since about 24 weeks. I almost keeled over when I noticed it the first time. I actually started bawling and had a mini breakdown while on our babymoon in Aruba. It was just so shocking and something I'd never seen before and I didn't know what to think!!! Now I just think it's cool that it appears things might be in working order.