November 2015 Moms

Favorite car seat/ stroller brand..

oliarnmom1517oliarnmom1517 member
edited June 2015 in November 2015 Moms
as a FTM I have been doing research on different brands of car seats and I haven't been able to find really good reviews about it from moms.. Just ratings.. What is your favorite brand for a car seat or stroller? And why? I looked on the first 4 pages and didn't see another conversation about this yet..

Edit for a few spelling mistakes

Re: Favorite car seat/ stroller brand..

• My favorite is orbit. It is very easy to use, light weight and comfortable for LO. It is pricey, so it really depends on what you're comfortable spending.
  • I have the graco infant seat. There are some nicer ones out there, but I was happy with it. Especially since my son outgrew infant car seats at 10 months; not where I wanted to spend tons of money!
  • Loading the player...
  • I have the graco infant seat. There are some nicer ones out there, but I was happy with it. Especially since my son outgrew infant car seats at 10 months; not where I wanted to spend tons of money!

This is exactly what we did. We spent more on the convertable car seat since it would be used for longer. We got the chicco nextfit and like it because it is very easy to install and adjust as DS grows.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • One thing I wish I had done was get a stroller that converted to a double.

Also, we got the peg perego 30-30 and my daughter hated it. The angle that she was in was brutal. She screamed every car ride until we put her in her convertible and now she loves the car.

We were in a fender bender with her infant seat so we need to get this baby a new one and I'll be getting the maxi cosi prezzi. My friend had it and her daughter loved it. It looks so comfortable.
    YCSWU
  • For our first baby, we had britax car seat and maclaren stroller. Highly recommend those. I'm also in the Preggie app and I know in recent discussions, there are lots of graco lovers. Have you tried Preggie? Lots of supportive moms! https://preggieapp.com/r/preggie_usa
  • I was thinking about an orbit car seat but was hoping I could find a nice car seat brand on sale.. I know sometimes babies r us has super nice sales and the other day my mom found a nice stroller for $65.. She didn't tell me what brand but I almost guarantee she got it for me as a shower gift.. She said it use to be a floor model so it didn't have a box and because it say there for so long it was really cheap.. Like I said.. I bet she bought it.. Which will be nice.. She said it was usually $300 stroller.. Still hopeful that I can find an orbit for a nice price!! But I looked at a convertible but wanted a few other opinions before I went out and bought one..
  • We got a Britax B-Safe with our first. It's been great and it's not expired so we will use it with baby #2. It's also compatible with our BOB stroller (which I LOVE for jogging). I also have an uppababy umbrella stroller (G-luxe) that I have been so happy with.

If I had it to do over again I would probably get an uppababy car seat and an uppababy vista stroller, which can convert to a double stroller. It's pricey, but the uppababies are really nice. I'm really not sure what (if anything) I'm going to do about a double stroller at this point.
  • jasbaby2jasbaby2 member
    edited June 2015
    We had a peg perego seat with our first and various strollers. It's heavy but we felt good about the seat over all.

I'm debating the uppababy car seat this time.

Eta- our son turns six tomorrow and we long ago gave away the seat anyways so we will have to buy a new car seat
    DS- June 2009

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I was thinking about an orbit car seat but was hoping I could find a nice car seat brand on sale.. I know sometimes babies r us has super nice sales and the other day my mom found a nice stroller for $65.. She didn't tell me what brand but I almost guarantee she got it for me as a shower gift.. She said it use to be a floor model so it didn't have a box and because it say there for so long it was really cheap.. Like I said.. I bet she bought it.. Which will be nice.. She said it was usually $300 stroller.. Still hopeful that I can find an orbit for a nice price!! But I looked at a convertible but wanted a few other opinions before I went out and bought one..

I found an orbit on zulily last year. Maybe they will be on there again this year! I got a car seat, stroller seat, base, stroller and bassinet for 600
  • We have the peg perego infant seat, and convertible car seat.  I kind of wish that we had just done convertible.  Sonya grew out of the infant seat around 8 months.  We also have the city select stroller that can be a single or a double.  We love it!  If you shop around or look on stroller swap pages, you can find one for a good price.  
  • Chicco! We had the infant seat and loved how comfy it was and easy to use so we got their convertible seat as well. Definitely would recommend.
  • MoRay05MoRay05 member
    edited June 2015
    My friend (with twins) and I both had the chicco keyfit 30 infant seat and loved it. It was easy to use. I would recommend! We will be using it again with this one.

I also have the bob stroller. I use it as my everyday stroller. It's heavy but the seat is very roomy so we can use it longer than a regular stroller.
  • We're going with the Graco jogger travel system when LO arrives. I think they are so much easier than having a separate car seat and stroller. I don't like the idea of taking my baby in and out of the car seat when they're under 4 months, especially in the cold winter months. When baby is older, we'll get a car seat that hopefully converts.

When DS was a year old, we got him the Graco Nautilus. It converts to a high and low back booster too! It's pretty heavy though but worth it. It was pretty easy to take the cushions out to clean as well. I can't use it for LO however because my state's car seat laws (not sure if it changed throughout the country) a child needs to now be rear facing until age two. The Nautilus is only front facing so by the time LO can use it, it'll be too old.

I purchased a McLaren when DS was 3 because I needed an umbrella stroller. The other ones seemed so cheap and unstable. It was a bit pricey but I plan on using it for LO once they are old enough. It's super lightweight and the snaps and buckles are so easy to use. I had an Evenflo until my finger got pinched and stuck in the buckle (thank god it wasn't DS! ). My finger was black for over a week!! I returned it the next day and got the McLaren. Love it!
  • LSRooLSRoo member
    edited June 2015
    I have the britax b safe travel system. It comes with the base, infant carrier and the stroller. I loved it!! We will use the infant carrier for this baby and I bought the britax safe double stroller for new baby and DS.

For convertible seat I use maxi cosi pria. I love it!!
  • Uppababy strollers are fantastic. I wish we would have purchased the uppa car seat but it wasn't out when we were buying the car seat and stroller.
    We have the grace infant seat and I like it. The canopy/shade covers more area than the Chicco360 which is nice when the sun is in their eyes. I do like the style of the Chicco better.
    I recommend the book baby bargains. They review EVERYTHING and give great recommendations.
    Baby Boy born on 1/14/13
  • lulamagoo said:

Uppababy strollers are fantastic. I wish we would have purchased the uppa car seat but it wasn't out when we were buying the car seat and stroller.
    We have the grace infant seat and I like it. The canopy/shade covers more area than the Chicco360 which is nice when the sun is in their eyes. I do like the style of the Chicco better.
    I recommend the book baby bargains. They review EVERYTHING and give great recommendations.

Yes that book is the best!!

Also, my MIL had purchased us a bugaboo cameleon when ds was born. It handles absolutely wonderful but once ds was out of his infant seat it was a pain in the butt. It's not easy to unfold and the seat (that comes with it, ps I maybe used the bassinet attachment twice) has to be completely taken off before unfolding, and it took up MASSIVE trunk space. We will end up getting an easier one touch folding stroller when dd outgrows the rear facing car seat. I wish I had seen that book when I was pregnant with DS because I could've picked something way more versatile and saved mil money she shouldn't really be spending anyways (but that's a whole other thread...)
  • We had the graco snugride for our first son and I had no complaints about it. He was able to use it until he turned one. It was a bit heavy and once he hit 5 months it got to the point where I couldn't carry it with him in it. I hated the graco stroller though. It did not handle well and we lived in the city at the time.

This time I bought the Urbini from Walmart. I wanted a seat that could forward face or rear face on the stroller and I love that the seat can turn into a bassinet without having to buying a separate piece. It came with an infant car seat which is super light and goes up to 35lbs. It also clips directly onto the stroller frame which is awesome.

I love a lot of strollers that were mentioned on here, but I hate spending that much money on one thing so this was my compromise. It has all the features I wanted without the price.
  • For my daughter I have the Graco Snugride stroller (with 3 wheels, but not a jogger) and from my experience, it is awful. It is very hard to control, especially when I use it on the sidewalk. My hands get sore from using it. The front wheel gets caught on cracks and bumps which end up jerking the whole thing forward sending the back wheels up.

Side note: Now that I think about it, baby gear is kind of a drag to get as a first time parent because you really don't know what to expect. You make a choice based on other people's experiences, spend a lot of money and then hope for the best. It isn't until the next kid comes that you know what to look for!

• Thank you for all of your inputs!!! As a FTM I'm not sure what to look for in these kinds of things!! I appreciate all of you advice!! I know babies r us sometimes has floor models that when the sell the floor models the car seats can go as low as $25 because they aren't in the box.. But I will keep looking and keeping all of your advice in mind!!! Thank you ladies!!
  • I used a chicco keyfit 30 with my first toe and plan to get a new one this time around. After going through a couple others the BOB revolution is my absolute favorite stoller. Kind of heavy to load on and out of the car but worth it. So easy to push/turn and it's big wheels can handle any terrain!
  • Bootsie81Bootsie81 member
    edited June 2015

I love our chicco infant seat.  We actually had to go out and buy it after my son was born because he was under 5lbs and it's one of the only car seats rated for 4lbs and up.  The hospital wouldn't release him in the car seat we had.

ETA: I also love the chicco double stroller.  Durable and easy to maneuver.  A little heavy to get in and out of the car but it's manageable. 

photo 2c2eea5b-cb3d-4ba5-8e22-39fd2841956b_zps4ux1rnnr.jpg

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Get the book "baby bargains". It breaks down major baby categories and I was lost until I found it!
  • I am a FTM and from my research, I have decided to go with the Graco Modes Click Connect travel system. It was one of the top recommended as far as safety. Also, I am a petite person so I didn't want something super big and bulky and from being a nanny in the past, the Britax B-Safe was just too heavy for me. The Chicco KeyFit 30 was going to be my second choice but I LOVE the Graco Modes Click Connect stroller!!! So versatile and light weight.
    For a convertible car seat, I like the new Graco 4-1.
    Married: 6.28.14
    TTC #1: 2.1.15
    BFP: 2.23.15 EDD: 11.6.15  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have been looking at car seats and strollers and I just can't figure out what to get! Not a FTM but we travel a lot so I need an infant car seat that snaps into a stroller. That part is easy enough.... However it has to be a double stroller so my 18 mo old can also ride in it. We are not taking two strollers to an airport! And although we have to carry the toddlers bulky car seat, I'd really love if the infant car seat snapped into the double stroller. I went on Amazon and there weren't many options. Most double strollers do not offer a snap in infant car seat so we are still looking....
  • I've decided on the Graco Fast Action Click Connect Jogging Stroller system.  It's a decent price range, flexible enough to use out and about for a day on the town or running trails when the LO is a bit older.  I debated between this one and the Graco Relay.  The Relay has better shocks, but a really low and awkward basket for carrying diaper bags and a longer wheel base so it would be a little awkward out and about. 
    June Siggy Challenge image

• We have a Graco travel system from last time that hasn't expired so we will use that. I'm also really short and it was the lightest of the ones we tried.
    I also bought a Snap and Go for shopping trips that didn't involve a cart or if she was sleeping and I didn't want to wake her to baby wear. It was a life saver for me. It's a small frame that the infant seat clicks into. Takes up no room in my car and it was very light.
  • I'm a FTM and from my research, we decided on the Britax B-Agile 35 travel system. So far we love it. It was one of the top recommended car seats for safety. I've heard that the car seat is a bit heavier than most , but honestly it doesn't feel much heavier. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • happylife7happylife7 member
    edited June 2015
    I have been looking at car seats and strollers and I just can't figure out what to get! Not a FTM but we travel a lot so I need an infant car seat that snaps into a stroller. That part is easy enough.... However it has to be a double stroller so my 18 mo old can also ride in it. We are not taking two strollers to an airport! And although we have to carry the toddlers bulky car seat, I'd really love if the infant car seat snapped into the double stroller. I went on Amazon and there weren't many options. Most double strollers do not offer a snap in infant car seat so we are still looking....
    Have you looked into the Britax B-Ready? You can use it as a single stroller and there is an attachment you can buy to add a second stroller seat that the Britax infant seat will also attach to. I used it when I was a nanny and loved it! Click Here to check it out! 

ETA: I believe it will work with other infant seats as well, so, you do not have to use the Britax infant seat. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm a FTM and from my research, we decided on the Britax B-Agile 35 travel system. So far we love it. It was one of the top recommended car seats for safety. I've heard that the car seat is a bit heavier than most , but honestly it doesn't feel much heavier. 

After all my research and originally being sold on the Chicco Keyfit, we also changed to the Britax B-Agile system.
  • mic411mic411 member
    I'm a FTM and from my research, we decided on the Britax B-Agile 35 travel system. So far we love it. It was one of the top recommended car seats for safety. I've heard that the car seat is a bit heavier than most , but honestly it doesn't feel much heavier. 
    After all my research and originally being sold on the Chicco Keyfit, we also changed to the Britax B-Agile system.

I am still torn between the two....the Chicco Keyfit seemed a little lighter and more mangable- but I loved the Britax a little more and from what I've read and been told, it is a very safe carseat. I went ahead and put both on the registry until further notice....the Birtax wasn't that much more in cost. 
  • Babytrend and chicco
  • Was thinking about doing the chicco keyfit travel system. Keyfit had fantastic reviews then figured it would be easiest to go with the strollers that went with it. Even though I want a britax b ready stroller but still want the keyfit seat lol.
  • Thanks happylife7 will def check it out!
  • @Ceridwen77 My husband and I were actually looking at travel systems today and loved the Chicco Bravo one. What made you switch from Chicco to Britax?
    Sidenote: I've always just been a lurker, but I'm really curious to know what swayed your decision. I'm wondering if I overlooked something ... so many things to consider!
  • I wanted to make sure that the combo I got was not 50lbs before you put the baby in... It's hard enough to carry the baby let along if the pumpkin seat weighs a ton and with the stroller to make sure it was easily stored so I don't have to wrestle it to get it open and closed while taking care of baby too
  • stacyw466 said:

Babytrend and chicco

Hey @stacyw466 is the Chicco key fit car seat compatible with the Baby Trend stroller?
  • We are thinking of going with a britax B Agile double stroller & britax infant car seat. The toddler has a maxi cosi convertible car seat. We had a graco travel system but the straps would come loose on the car seat and there wasn't too much cushioning
  • I am a FTM and from my research, I have decided to go with the Graco Modes Click Connect travel system. It was one of the top recommended as far as safety. Also, I am a petite person so I didn't want something super big and bulky and from being a nanny in the past, the Britax B-Safe was just too heavy for me. The Chicco KeyFit 30 was going to be my second choice but I LOVE the Graco Modes Click Connect stroller!!! So versatile and light weight.

That is the one we have decide on too! I LOVE the way it looks and all of the different ways baby can ride in it with and without the car seat! I'm happy to see someone else picked it as well! I was worried haha
  • Hi,

My suggestion is to go into a store and test them out before you buy it. I originally put one travel system on my online registry but fell in love with a completely different one at the store. Hope you find the perfect fit! Good luck!

FTM due 11/06/2015
    Married 09/21/2013
  • mrsaragon said:

I am a FTM and from my research, I have decided to go with the Graco Modes Click Connect travel system. It was one of the top recommended as far as safety. Also, I am a petite person so I didn't want something super big and bulky and from being a nanny in the past, the Britax B-Safe was just too heavy for me. The Chicco KeyFit 30 was going to be my second choice but I LOVE the Graco Modes Click Connect stroller!!! So versatile and light weight.

That is the one we have decide on too! I LOVE the way it looks and all of the different ways baby can ride in it with and without the car seat! I'm happy to see someone else picked it as well! I was worried haha
    My best friend had her baby 3 months ago and got it and she absolutely LOVES it! It's so easy to take places as right now, she leaves the stroller seat at home and just keeps the stroller frame in her car to snap her baby carrier on.
    YES! All of the many ways baby can face in/out. The reviews as far as safety were great and the stroller itself looks high end but the price is great! Looking forward to getting mine in and using it come November!

Pregnancy Ticker