October 2015 Moms
Options

Late night snack?

my first late night snack! Having cheese, hard boiled egg and cashew milk.

What do you all nibble on when it is late? L

Re: Late night snack?

• Options
    I find myself eating veggies (tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers) with ginger sesame dressing. Or some kind of protein!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Dehydrated fruit. Especially pineapple and bananas- bananas have that wonderful crunch :)
  • Options
    Cereal! A bowl of Kashi is the perfect fix when I wake up starving.
  • Options
    LimieLimie member
    Watermelon with feta. I can (and have)eaten it all day long lol
  • Options
    Limie said:

Watermelon with feta. I can (and have)eaten it all day long lol

Watermelon and feta is my favorite! I add fresh basil to mine. BF looks at me like I have a 3rd eye when I eat it... But he's crazy and doesn't like watermelon.. Lol
  • Options
    Cereal. Or fruit. Or cucumber.... or my absolute worst thing, those processed fake cheese crackers with the peanut butter on them. Oh good lord they are good.
  • Options
    You guys are so healthy!  Spoonful of Nutella over here... ;)  (I promise I eat my veggies during the day!)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    BingjBingj member
    @twogirlsandagreen I totally had cheese and hard boiled eggs tonight too!
  • Options
    Graham crackers with peanut butter and a glass of milk :) or a small cup of vanilla ice cream.
  • Options
    I usually eat a slice of toast and chocolate milk or a bowl of cereal  :D

I can't imagine eating normal food in the middle of the night --- that would definitely be pregnancy related if I did!
  • Options
    Cereal or peanut butter and a glass of milk. No bread or crackers, just a spoonful of peanut butter. Or Nutella. :)
  • Options
    As starving as I get, I can't eat before bed or if I wake up in the middle of the night without wanting to puke it up. I have to eat dinner far enough in advance that it wont become acid reflux when I lay down at night (with 40 pillows behind my back). Booo. 
  • Options
    elmann1 said:

As starving as I get, I can't eat before bed or if I wake up in the middle of the night without wanting to puke it up. I have to eat dinner far enough in advance that it wont become acid reflux when I lay down at night (with 40 pillows behind my back). Booo. 

That stinks!!!!! I try not to eat late just because I don't want to brush my teeth twice, but I was so hungry last night.

Have you tried papaya enzyme chewables? They are the only thing that helps my heartburn/reflux (besides meds of course which I won't take).

• Options
    casserole27casserole27 member
    edited July 2015
    I usually have a banana with Nutella.
    Sometimes cereal.

Oct15 October Siggy Challenge: Maternity Costumes
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  Image and video hosting by TinyPic  Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Cereal or some crackers/pretzels with peanut butter are some go to snacks for me.  I also sometimes go for an applesauce cup or some sugar free pudding if I want something a little sweeter  :)
  • Options
    Cereal with almond milk and bread and butter are probably what I eat most consistently. I try for something relatively bland (so as not to wake the heartburn!) and that offers a little protein and/or fat to help it "stick".
  • Options
    I don't know what time is "late night" but if I want something after dinner it's usually a drumstick or something with ice cream!  I have yet to wake up in the middle of the night hungry!

• Options
    I can't eat at night because I have horrible nightmares if I eat too close to sleeping (I also tend to sleepwalk more when I eat right before bed or close to...). However, my favorite go-to snack lately is tortilla chips with cheese melted on them... but only in the microwave. So not even real nachos. Just weird after school ones haha!!

I also eat a lot of cereal and toast when I need a snack, or pineapple and greek yogurt. 
  • Options
    4am honey but cheerios with milk got me through my first trimester, so they've been my go-to ever since.
  • Options
    elmann1 said:

The only way I don't get reflux at night is if I take Zantac. I have to eat at night, doctor's orders, to keep my blood sugar stable, so I don't have a choice. I've been taking Zantac for weeks.
  • Options
    At around 2 a.m, 3-4 times a week I pull 4 nestle tollhouse chocolate chip cookies out of the fridge and bake them. Sit on my kitchen floor & eat those 4 warm cookies slowly & peacefully as if I'm making love. Lol. Just being honest!
  • Options
    My favorite is fage yogurt with granola. Not sure why but I crave it constantly.
  • Options
    Greek yogurt!!! If I don't have a key lime Chobani Flip by me, a regular key lime chobani yogurt is my late night life. Or frosted flakes lol. But mostly yogurt.
  • Options
    ems028ems028 member
    McDonald's... :)>-

Chicken nuggets and a mcflurry..

YUM YUM!