January 2016 Moms
Options

Anyone else trying to see how long they can keep their pregnancy a secret?

edited July 2015 in January 2016 Moms
With my first, I told my friends and family at 6 weeks. This time, my husband and I thought it would be fun to keep it under wraps as long as possible. So far I am 14 weeks 1 day and none of our family or friends know. I got word that my husband's cousin is pregnant and due on January 12th. I am due January 8th... That almost made me decide to spill the beans. I think that I am going to keep it a secret hopefully until 20 weeks. 
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Anyone else trying to see how long they can keep their pregnancy a secret?

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Actually that would be funny, to not say anything until people are like UH...can I ask you a question? ? Lol

I told everybody in the world the day I found out.
  • Options
    That does sound entertaining. I think next pregnancy I'll just start posting pics of baby once it's born and see what everyone says (besides family) lol. This time we told everyone at like 6 weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just attended a baby shower for my SO's cousin and found out that 2 of his other cousins are due early in January. And, I did not spill the beans. I have my NT test Wednesday and just want to make sure everything is okay before I tell. But it was HARD.
  • Options
    Holding out till 16 weeks to tell family and friends and prob Labor Day weekend make it fb official and tell work. We had planned on eloping later this month before I was even pregnant but because I'm a teacher, I want to be married for a few weeks before we spring this on everyone. I really thought it would take me a couple months to conceive but surprise...my old eggs were apparently ready! :o
  • Options
    It would be so fun to wait and see if people caught on... but I don't think I could make it! I've already started to tell a few people plus all of family and my appointment is next week.
  • Options
    I'm due 1.1.16 so 15 weeks only hubby and I know and it's 4th baby so thought would be showing by now but nothing yet waiting till 20 week scan to reveal to everyone
  • Options
    My cousin did this to my aunt (his mom). Did not tell her the entire pregnancy and she got a call one day to inform her that her grandson was born. Needless to say the secret did not go over well, but of course everyone was happy to greet baby
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I told with my first at 10 or 11 weeks, but haven't told anyone about this pregnancy yet. I know people are thinking I'm getting fat. I was going to tell at 15 weeks, but I think I'm just going to let it go as long as I can until someone catches on. I think people are expecting me to be pregnant soon because I had a miscarriage back in Dec. So it's no fun to tell if they are expecting it. We find out the gender tue, I think we will wait till the baby is born to let everyone else find out what we're having.
  • Options
    Thought about it. I live a plane ride away from my side of the family and have plans to see them at 20 weeks. Thought it would be a nice surprise when they got off the plane. But then my grandma got sick and I flew home. I told them all, and even people I didn't know. My mom thought my plan of waiting was mean, and that she would like to be a part of it to be there for the ups and downs. She felt left out. That we aren't close enough to share that important news with.
    She also reminded me of how weird it was when some family member announced late and basically skipped the line of our plan of upcoming showers. We felt much closer to the ones that included us earlier.
  • Options
    Our families and really close friends know but we haven't announced it.y daughter's 3rd bday party is in 2 weeks. Lol it makes me giggle.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml