February 2016 Moms
Options

OT: Dark Spots on face

I have 3 dark spots on my face, right above my upper lip that make me look like I have a 'stache. Its super embarrassing. I have googled remedies and have only tried the lime juice one (not consistently like I am sure I'm suppose to) but it doesn't seem to help. Does anyone have any advice on something that has work for them? I noticed them a few weeks before we found out we were pregnant so I dont think they are pregnancy related, though it may not be helping my case here. HELP!

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: OT: Dark Spots on face

• Options
    I think it can be pregnancy related. I have a few freckles that became much darker during my last pregnancy and a few that just started again on my checks. I have no advice on how to lighten it but maybe making sure you put sunscreen on so they don't get any darker?
  • Options
    @froggy994 I have heard that about the sunscreen and fully intend to do that. I guess I probably need to research more and be consistant with the lemon/lime juice to help lighten them up. Its just bad when the 8 year old says "hey mom, I didnt know you had a mustache." I almost cried. I almost retorted with "HEY! Watch it, isnt your birthday coming up!?!?"
    X_X

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh I'm smiling at your 8 year old! No filter. I have some peach fuzz on my face so I understand completely.
  • Options
    I think the big one is stay out of the sun, unfortunately.

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• Options
    @magnumJ Yeah I figured... Thankfully I have plenty of sunscreen. Thanks for yalls replies ladies.

@froggy994 Yeah, no filter. I almost got offended. Stupid hormones.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I got this last pregnancy. It took years to fade naturally. I probably will get them again so I'm following for advice :)

Pregnancy Ticker

Happy Birthday Month to Me!

• Options
    I have a bunch, right under my eyes they got worse when I got pregnant. Unfortunately I'm super light skinned and even though I hardly spend time in the sun and alway wear Sunscrean, they still show up. I heard they show up more often durning pregnancy.
  • Options
    @thechristyfamily Yeah :( I have been using sunscreen and it seems to have helped it not "pop" out. I also got a fresh lemon to rub on it 2x per day (per Dr internet) and hope that helps lighten it. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I had melasma (dark spot) on my face a few years ago and I was NOT pregnant, even though it apparently is more common when you're pregnant. I went to my dermatologist, and she gave me some cream to use on it but I don't know if you can take it when pregnant. I would go to your derm to get it checked out if you are worried about it or don't like the way it looks.
  • Options
    northstar13northstar13 member
    edited July 2015
    I have them too, mostly right under my eyebrows and spots on my cheeks. Pregnancy and sun make them worse. :((