December 2014 Moms

Leg crossing at ankle

does anyone's little one cross their legs at their ankle when hanging out on their backs or while breastfeeding?

Re: Leg crossing at ankle

• diz1313diz1313 member
    Both of my girls do. On of them also sticks her crossed feet straight up in the air. It's ridiculous. :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Is that normal? I never seen babies do that before.
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine does it all the time. It's also how he rolls onto his belly!
  • My LO does it all the time especially when she is asleep. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

#1-BFP 1/5/14...EDD 9/19/14...MC 1/28/14
    #2 BFP 4/15/14...EDD 12/26/14

• diz1313diz1313 member
    Yup, it's normal. Most babies spend a lot of time all crossed and folded up in utero so when they are comfy and cozy on the outside they often fold back up. Also some babies cross their ankles to keep their legs from jerking about and such. Gotta keep things under control or they tend to swing about all willy nilly and be distracting. Heh

One of my girls will also fold her hands together to keep herself from smacking herself in the face when she is eating or trying to cozy in for a nap. Heh
  • Thank you guys. You are all making me feel so so so much better. I was freaking out. Now I am only half freaked out. Please keep reassuring me regarding this ankle crossing thing, mommies.
  • does anyone's little one cross their legs at their ankle when hanging out on their backs or while breastfeeding?

Thank you guys. You are all making me feel so so so much better. I was freaking out. Now I am only half freaked out. Please keep reassuring me regarding this ankle crossing thing, mommies.

If this was concerning and freaking you out....then why wouldn't you talk to your pediatrician about it?

Test
  • edited May 2015
    I may be missing the jist but I think about this feed an awful lot bc I just can't fathom WHY WOULD ONE NEED REASSURANCE ABOUT A BABY CROSSING ITS ANKLES WHILE ITS NURSING?
  • I may be missing the jist but I think about this feed an awful lot bc I just can't fathom WHY WOULD ONE NEED REASSURANCE ABOUT A BABY CROSSING ITS ANKLES WHILE ITS NURSING?

This. I don't think I'd even notice such a thing let alone be freaked out by it. What kind of ankles does this kid have? What is really going on? Can I get a picture? Whaaaaat
    In memory of the baby Hufflepuff and all the angel babies of D14 <3
    imageimage

• does anyone's little one cross their legs at their ankle when hanging out on their backs or while breastfeeding?

Thank you guys. You are all making me feel so so so much better. I was freaking out. Now I am only half freaked out. Please keep reassuring me regarding this ankle crossing thing, mommies.

If this was concerning and freaking you out....then why wouldn't you talk to your pediatrician about it?
    That poor pediatrician
    imageimage

• Sorry if I offended anyone. I have anxiety issues that I am being treated for. Meanwhile, its okay to offer reassurance even if it seems crazy to u.
  • Sorry if I offended anyone. I have anxiety issues that I am being treated for. Meanwhile, its okay to offer reassurance even if it seems crazy to u.

Wasn't offensive at all. It was just confusing. I'm glad you're getting some help. Try to remember your baby is a unique individual human. She's going to have little idiosyncrasies just like you and me.
    imageimage

If you are anxious about something it is best to talk with the pediatrician. Internet Strangers and Doctor Google have a way of not answering the question but instead give you more to worry about.

Test
  • You're absoutely right. This is exactly what I am working on. Talking to other moms helps me too. I guess going on here is the next best thing when meeting up with other mom groups is out of the question on a hectic day. Thanks for your advice.
  • Mine does this all the time lately! I figured she was just mimicking me because I cross mine all the time. It is soo cute!
  • My LO does that all the time. So funny! Nothing to worry about. This site is here for you to ask questions and get peace of mind from other moms! you shouldn't feel judged for it! Keep asking and don't let anyone get you down! :):)
  • I really appreciate your comment and support! I agree with u. It's called compassion. We need to have it and be there for each other. God bless you!
  • Babies tend to be bow legged and so their feet cross cuz its their resting position.
  • Tichrist said:

My LO does that all the time. So funny! Nothing to worry about. This site is here for you to ask questions and get peace of mind from other moms! you shouldn't feel judged for it! Keep asking and don't let anyone get you down! :):)

I really appreciate your comment and support! I agree with u. It's called compassion. We need to have it and be there for each other. God bless you!

I don't think any of us were trying to "get her down" or not show compassion.

Test
  • Thank you CandEChicago