July 2015 Moms
Options

Snuza Monitor

I was wondering if anyone has any reviews on this monitor.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002WLGV08/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1436588579&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SY200_QL40&keywords=snuza&dpPl=1&dpID=41s1T4dqdXL&ref=plSrch

Seems like it would help with peace of mind while sleeping? :)

Re: Snuza Monitor

• Options
    eclohoecloho member
    I read up on it & the reviews were great on Babies R Us. I got one! (FTM due 7/28)
  • Options
    I got the Levana Oma+ which monitors breathing and movement and attaches right to the diaper. Had great reviews. I would recommend something of this nature. It was the only way several of my friends were able to get any sleep in the first few weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We also got the oma+ after reading many reviews. Baby is not here yet, so no experience, but seems to help us feel more comfortable.
  • Options
    beeishbeeish member
    Has anyone tried snuza go?
  • Options
    eclohoecloho member
    Snuza attaches to diaper also...haven't tried it yet though baby is not here
  • Options
    We got one to go along with a basic audio monitor. Baby is late so we haven't tried it on her yet but we did test it on ourselves and I'm confident it was a good purchase. Only negative I've heard of is the possibility of a false alarm of the monitor falls off the diaper but I think I can get past that. It was loud enough when we tested it that I could most prob hear it even under a swaddle in the next room without a problem.
  • Options
    I used the Snuza with my first baby--loved it. I'm a worrywart in general and this gave me peace of mind those first several months. I'll definitely be using it on #2.
  • Options
    We have it and I love it!! Only way I can sleep. I would be wary though if you use it while the baby is in a swing, as I think it may falsely show movement, but not sure. I love that it attaches to the diaper and you can have it monitoring them in the car seat which I love. Would definitely recommend it!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I got the Leavana one, as well.  I know myself well enough that I can predict NO SLEEP unless I have that extra little piece of mind.
  • Options
    eclohoecloho member
    Yes the Snuza clearly says it may pick up external movement and may not be effective in the use of swings, cosleeping, or car seats in moving cars
  • Options
    How do you ladies like your Snuza? I'm thinking of purchasing one.
  • Options
    I have one but haven't used it yet… I think I will use it once he is in the crib in the other room away from me.
  • Options
    We have the Snuza Hero, and we love it.  It's probably the only reason I get any sleep.  DS has decided that he likes to sleep on his side now and he tries to burrow his face into the side of the bassinet.  It gives me piece of mind, so I think it's worth it  I-)
  • Options
    We have one and use it every night! I think it's awesome. :) I bought it last week, as a baby in our breastfeeding support group experienced reflux apnea (very scary for her momma!
  • Options
    I haven't used mine because my LO sleeps in a rocker that rocks all night and the motion keeps the monitor from working properly. Once I move her to her crib I might use it but by then (prob 4months) the risk of sids is very low.
  • Options
    I use this when DD is in the rock n play or sleeping at my parent's house. When she's in her crib, I use a Baby Sense monitor because there's no risk of it falling off. I couldn't sleep without these. Used them with DD1 too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I swear by our snuzas (and we have twins). The only thing I recommend is to buy extra batteries - we've ordered three different sets because they actually have different models and you don't realize it. So the batteries got low and we had a period of time where the snuzas were dead - however - it actually helped me kind of wean off of them. My girls were preemies and on hospital monitors but then I moved them on to the snuza, so bottom line is, I highly recommend to anyone for peace of mind.
  • Options
    We LOVE our snuza!! Our little girl started sleeping through the night at 6 weeks, but I wasn't sleeping out of worry. I started using the snuza and now we both sleep through the night. So easy,  she doesn't even notice it's there.
    TTC since June 2010
    5 Angels

Lilypie - (hlC0)