July 2015 Moms
Options

SO is the "almighty" *rant*

I dont know how many of you have had to deal with it, but after our LO was born (july 2nd) I cant seem to do anything to make this guy happy. No matter the amount of house work that is done (the stuff that should and shouldnt be done) on top of taking care of a nearly 4yr old I apparently dont do anything. And just because he is outside working all day it has pretty much made him the almighty freaking ruler. My home life between every other hour bottles, a jealous 4 yr old, housework and a couple pets is the amount of doing nothing. He pretty much accuses me of sleeping all day and saying that ive got it cush in comparison to him. Which in sense, yeah he's right. Im not doing physical labor the way he does, but does that mean i get to be belittled? He did this same stuff while i was working a job that wouldn't allow me to have so much as a sit down break at 8 1/2 months pregnant. All ive been able to gather through our arguements is that he is superior to me and anything I do because i dont work physical labor and pull an 11 hour shift, and I turn into the bad guy when i ask if he'd like to hold the baby after he has had a chance to shower, sot down, eat and space out on the television for at least a half hour. Am i alone? Heck. Just this morning he got pissed at me because i asked him to get up with her (first time i have and she is now a week old) and thats where it all even started. He even said that he didnt believe that i got up in the middle of the night to feed her. Cause its worth lying about feeding a kid in the middle of the night when they wake up. Wtf does he think im gonna do? I ignore a shreiking newborn?
Super fustrated mama

Re: SO is the "almighty" *rant*

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh hell no! I'm sorry he's being an a$$! I really don't know what to tell you other than to tell him off!
  • Options
    That is so totally out of order. I would say right on your day off you can take full charge of the kids if you want reassurance of what I have to do everyday..... I would nip his attitude in the bud now before it gets worse. Are you spending time together at all just you and him? Does he have a jealous streak? He maybe feeling insecure about your relationship now all your time is devoted to taking care of the little ones...just a thought. Hope it improves xxx
  • Options
    You need to sit down and talk to him. If you are not getting some rest it will just prolong your post partum recovery. Was he like this after your first baby?
  • Options
    I read your post last night and it made me so mad for you I couldn't even respond.....
    What a jerk he is!!! I agree with the other ladies you need to put a stop to this except I'm not sure how, if he's so dense he can't even sympathize with what you've just gone through and see what you have to do everyday, how will he understand???

You do need to let him know that he is only fulfilling his obligation by working to provide for his family, sorry hun, nobody hands out awards for not being a deadbeat!
  • Options
    Ugh! Just disrespectful! Maybe can you get your mom or sister or strong female friend to come over for a few days and let them know the deal, that way she can throw in the comments about how strong you are, and how they don't know how you do so well with being at home alone with a toddler and a newborn! If my hubby ever did this I wouldn't know how to forgive him. You've gone through so much and this is the last thing you need to be dealing with. Good luck to you and make sure you stand up for yourself!
  • Options
    Ask him if he would like to do what you do for the weekend and let's see how much shit he'll be talking
  • Options
    mnj05mnj05 member
    With our first, my husband acted similar but it was a couple of months after giving birth. I finally told him it's not easy staying home and my exhaustion is just as real as his. Come to find out, he was just upset I wasn't always in my happiest mood and greeting him with a cheerful hello when he walked through the door. I almost laughed in his face but told him I'd work on that....after spending all day with a fussy baby.

Men don't get it but that doesn't mean you should be treated that way.

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    DX: anovulatory and severe MFI
    DH is a testicular cancer survivor
    IVF#1 w/ICSI lupron, gonal f, ovidrel
    ER 6/15/12 6R 6M 6F! ET 6/20/12
    Beta #1: 154 Beta #2: 509 Beta #3: 7326
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2: 6/2014 all testing came back normal

IVF#2 (#1 for LO#2) 9/2014 - 17R 10M 10F 4 blasts frozen on day 6.

FET #1 10/15/14 - Beta #1: 216  Beta #2: 823

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015