March 2015 Moms

Breech baby 4 months later...

my baby was born c section breech with her feet by her ears... She is now 4 months old and her legs have been down BUT she always has her ankles bent inward... I've tried to keep my feet the way she does and it's not comfortable yet she has them like that ALL the time. I asked her pediatrician but she said she's fine -_- anyone have any fees back? Thanks

Re: Breech baby 4 months later...

• my baby was born c section breech with her feet by her ears... She is now 4 months old and her legs have been down BUT she always has her ankles bent inward... I've tried to keep my feet the way she does and it's not comfortable yet she has them like that ALL the time. I asked her pediatrician but she said she's fine -_- anyone have any fees back? Thanks
    My daughter wasn't a breech baby, but she also used to twist her feet inward (her big toes could touch at the tips when her feet were together). Her pediatrician also said it was no big deal because she was used to it from being cramped in the womb. She recommended that I just gently massage her feet/ankles into the appropriate position every day. I did that, and now her feet are normal. 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Neither of my babies have had this, but when I was born my feet were inward from being so cramped (10 pound baby, 5 foot 3 inch mom).  When I was a few months old (probably 6 months or so) I had casts put on my feet to straighten them out.  My mother says she wishes they would have stayed on a little longer, because to this day my normal resting position for my feet is pointed inward.  It doesn't bother me or affect anything that I do, but is something that I notice if I'm consciously looking for it.

I'm not sure what they do now (30 some years later).  I guess I'd just keep an eye on her feet & massage them like PP said.  I don't want to alarm you, but just know that things can be manipulated and straightened out if need be. 
  • Loading the player...
  • My LO was transverse breech, c-section at 37 weeks. She was diagnosed with hip dysplasia and treated with a harness at 5 days. Her feet turn in slightly. I'm not worried as neither pediatrician or pediatric ortho has any concern.
  • Totally normal at this age. Babies have a natural bow to their legs from being in the womb and their feet just follow the natural curve. As they develop and start putting weight on their feet, trying to stand, etc, it will correct itself. You can try massaging and whatnot but they just have to develop more, don't worry, it will come!