February 2016 Moms
Options

Bra help!

I'm a FTM, 8 weeks, and my bras are already snug and just not supportive enough. I've never had large breasts (34 B usually) but I wanted some advice on what bra to buy as my body changes...just step up the cup size or should I look more into "nursing bras" this early? How much bigger are they gonna get?!

Re: Bra help!

• Options
    I'm also a FTM, but I went ahead and bought nursing bras yesterday in a bigger size. Found some at Target for under $20, so it was totally worth it to get some relief, even if I need to buy even bigger ones in a couple months.
  • Options
    moomeemoomee member
    I'd definitely invest in some nursing bras! Whether you plan on breastfeeding or not, they're still comfy!
    Mama Bear to Ollie, Leilah, and Lennon. Pregnant with Little Moo 2.0 (our rainbow baby). Due 02/14/2016.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This bra! Super comfy and cute. Affordable too. I found I had to spend an arm and leg to get a comfy nursing bra. This one is a great alternative.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00SHYQSVG/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?qid=1436235354&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SY200_QL40&keywords=b+tempt'd+bra&dpPl=1&dpID=51oFS0nlkSL&ref=plSrch

Pregnancy Ticker

Happy Birthday Month to Me!

• Options
    RRC216RRC216 member
    I feel your pain! I'm a 36dd....When I was 11weeks I got measured. Bas idea! I was 36F!! So scared I will get too huge! Target has great bras! Gillian O'malley ones are super comfortable! Unfortunately I have to order if mine get too big. VS doesn't even carry F!

Mommy to my Angel baby Domenico Anjelo M/C 11 weeks 12/20/2014
    C/P 4/15/2015 5 weeks
    BFP 6/15 /15 Due: 2/25/16

• Options
    ecmbecmb member
    I got some regular tee shirt bras for now with more coverage in the same cup size (I'm already a DDD) but a wider rib size so it can grow with me. They are super supportive and have made a world of a difference!

Me: 32  Hubby: 31

Married 12/29/12

Started TTC July 2014

Miscarriage August 2014

Emmett born February 2016

Expecting Baby #2 in August 2017

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/544e80

• Options

This bra! Super comfy and cute. Affordable too. I found I had to spend an arm and leg to get a comfy nursing bra. This one is a great alternative.

I have one from Soma that's a lot like this, called a lounge bra. I wash it out at night and wear it almost every day. Luckily I'm in uniform at work so I don't have to worry about how it looks because it has thick straps and isn't padded enough to be decent in public with a thin shirt... ;)

• Options
    I too had to get a bigger bra this weekend . The girls were falling out not enough support etc. soma had a great sale going on and they have a wider range in cup sizes then some of the other stores I checked . I got one band size bigger so I have some room to grow
  • Options
    I'm a similar size, 32B, and am 9 weeks and have been living in a few Tata Tamers from Lululemon. They're really doing the trick!
    Feb '16 October Siggy Challenge: Favorite Candy

• Options
    I got measured by a pro and already went up a full cup size at 8 weeks. I bought two Body by Victoria's Secret full coverage bras, they are heaven. I figured I'll probably grow more and so will buy maternity/nursing bras later on. Also love the Victoria's Secret sports bras- very comfy and supportive for work/sleeping.
  • Options
    Ugh. I HATE bra shopping. Think I might need to cave soon though.
  • Options
    Any advice on where specifically to order large cup size nursing bras? I'm already a F cup pre-pregnancy :/
  • Options
    Glad I'm not the only one. I can't stand wearing my bras right now because I feel like I can't breath. I really really hate bra shopping. I did find that I liked this bra from Motherhood though. It was very comfy.https://www.motherhood.com/mobile/Product.asp?Product_Id=91160Z10361&MasterCategory_Id=MC29
    Avid babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating, SAHM of M ~ 12/11 and S ~6/13.
    Married New Year's Day 2013
    Previously Clizh, bumping since 2009 and still mourning my platinum medal. ;)

• Options
    @annamakesthings I am a 42DDD at Lane Bryant and went to get measured. I purchased 4 44F bras during their semi-annual sale, to take advantage of the deal. I had them measure me at 7 weeks, and I was already measuring at 42F, so I bumped up the width and made the leap. They were very understanding and I told them I was pregnant so we could discuss proper options. It was well worth it! I also took advantage of their sale and purchased 5 pairs of underwear I the next largest size from my norm, so I have some undergarments to expand into. Hope this helps!
  • Options
    I went ahead and bought nursing bras already. I didn't want to spend on something that I was only going to wear before they got even bigger and needed to nursing ones. Get ones that fit on the tightest clip in the back. That way as your boobs get bigger you can still fit! I got a nursing sports bra that I wear to bed because my boobs hurt too bad to not wear a bra!
  • Options
    Go to a professional to get measured.  There are bra shops (not Victoria Secrets) that have beyond the regular sizes, that will fit you correctly and will check  the fit of each bra. Going up or down a number and up or down a cup size does all make a difference, don't just throw on what ever.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I think it's important to wear the correct size bra, but new bras can be very expensive. 

It is so early in the pregnancy and, for me, not really  financially feasible to be spending $50+ on a bra that may only last a month or two!
    What I did my last pregnancy, was to buy some inexpensive extenders from amazon (like this). This wont really work if you are spilling out of your bra, but if your bra is just feeling tighter it will help without having to spend so much.  This worked for me until late in my last pregnancy, and then I just bought nursing bras.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    This bra! Super comfy and cute. Affordable too. I found I had to spend an arm and leg to get a comfy nursing bra. This one is a great alternative. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00SHYQSVG/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?qid=1436235354&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SY200_QL40&keywords=b+tempt'd+bra&dpPl=1&dpID=51oFS0nlkSL&ref=plSrch
    @MamaFromero does this unhook or is it over the head like a sports bra?  The description says hook and eye closure, but the picture looks like sports bra style... so confused, lol.
    Pregnancy Ticker  

• Options
    Any advice on where specifically to order large cup size nursing bras? I'm already a F cup pre-pregnancy :/
    @annamakesthings  if there is a specialty bra store near you they can (usually) order them for you even if they don't stock them.  Or you can always look online.  https://www.mommygear.com/fgh-nursing-bras.htm is where my friend a lot of stuff so I looked and they do have nursing bras in up to size K.  She says returns are super easy there.
    Pregnancy Ticker  

• Options
    Thanks for the suggestions @Charles&Jahmeelah and @Wurrkingurrl ! I've managed to not buy any new bras since I moved from PA to CA, so I guess I'm going to have to give in and hunt down a new specialty store.
  • Options
    I'm a FTM and already shocked at how big and tender mine are! I've even had to start sleeping in my bras. If I don't, they feel like they've been used as punching bags. I've just stuck to sports bras. They have been supportive and comfortable. I have some that don't have the thicker straps, so I don't feel like Sporty Spice all the time!
  • Options
    HBirdieHBirdie member
    edited July 2015
    Nursing bras are pretty awesome, and if you feel like you're going to BF, it's worth the investment early IMO. That's actually all I own now, haha.

Edited to add that I like HotMilk bras.