C-sections
Options

Multiple c-sections....tell me your experiences PLEASE!

Hello,

So, I just found out I'm pregnant with baby #4, which means c-section #4...here's my story...

When I was pregnant with DS #1, I went into early labor at 36w5d, and was allowed to labor a full 48hrs (26 after my water had broke). Then, while I was pushing, the doc realized DS was in trouble and put me to sleep and 6hrs later I woke up to a sweet 8lb baby boy.  I had an emergency c-section because his umbilical cord was wrapped around his neck 4times and every time I pushed, I was suffocating him. 

1yr later, DS#2 was born via scheduled c-section at 37wks (docs here won't allow VBAC at ALL!!)  In and out in under and hour and happy healthy 8lbs baby boy.

skip ahead 8yrs, I am pregnant with DD#1.  I warn my doc about the early labor with DS#1, and early c-section with DS#2.  He schedules my c-section for 39wks.  I go into labor at 35w4d, and again at 36w2d, and lastly 37w0d.  The last time I went into labor, the doc agreed it was fine to take her via c-section.   I had a semi-emergency c-section, but had a bad reaction to the mag sulfate and my blood pressure bottomed out and i woke up 6hrs later to a beautiful 7lb 2oz baby girl.  Doc said a 4th c-section would be fine in the future, but to wait atleast a year. NO Problem doc! 

Now, it will be 3yrs by the time this baby comes along and I am now more nervous than ever.  Has anyone else had a perfectly fine 4th pregnancy and c-section.  Or, has anyone had issues during their 4th or more??

Please tell me your experiences!

Cody Lane - 4/22/2004
Colten James - 9/9/2005

Isabella Ann - 7/20/2012

SURPRISE!!!  Emma Leigh - due 8/27/2015 (c-section date 8/7/2015)

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Multiple c-sections....tell me your experiences PLEASE!

• Options
    My neighbor just had a 10lb 12 oz healthy boy born via CS #5. GL!

**DD1 - 7/9/98**

**DS - 11/9/00**

**DD2 - 4/30/13**

• Options
    I haven't met many people who have had more than 3. Thank you for giving me some hope for a healthy pregnancy and baby.

Cody Lane - 4/22/2004
    Colten James - 9/9/2005

Isabella Ann - 7/20/2012

SURPRISE!!!  Emma Leigh - due 8/27/2015 (c-section date 8/7/2015)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm only on my third but I know several people who have had 4-5, with no issues.

I'm hoping for the possibility of a fourth. I am still on the fence on IF I will actually want to have a fourth baby but I would like to have the option and make that decision for myself. My doctor will assess the situation at this delivery and will let me know what she thinks of a potential 4'th pregnancy. This doctor is the same one I used for my last baby and she was very encouraging of a third pregnancy.

If your doctor cleared you for this pregnancy, I would try to trust your doctor that you will be fine. I know it's difficult to let go of worry but it really is the best thing you can do. I hope this pregnancy and delivery are entirely uneventful, for you. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My mother had 4 and everything went fine
    6 m/c
    Anovulatory cycles, increased Synthroid Diagnosed Sep 2010
    Natural cycle Dec 2010 BFP M/C 6 1/2 Weeks, D&E Jan 2011
    1 Clomid/Ovidrel BFN May 2011
    Natural cycle Aug 2011 BFP M/C 4 Weeks
    1 IUI Sept 2011 BFP M/c 7 weeks
    Provera Dec 2011 BFP M/C 3 Weeks
    DQ ALPHA HLA MATCH, High NK Cells Diagnosed Dec 2011
    IVF March 2012 BFP m/c 4weeks 5 days (IL, Prednisone)
    IVF#2w/DS July 2012 MEGA FAILURE BFN (IL, Dexamethasone)
    Diagnosed No real HLA Match, DQ Beta Triad, High TNF, Low NK Cells
    Oct 2012 Natural Cycle m/c 4wks (Lovenox, Prednisone) 
    Went to Beer Center- high tnf, low lad, implantation failure
    Nov/Dec 2012 LIT Treatment
    Dec 12 Humira
    Jan 2013 BFP
    Humira,LIT,Prednisone, Lovenox, IVIG, Baby Aspirin
    Miracle Born August 2013 Premature

Yours doesn't have to be a sad story

Lilypie - (ugiy)

• Options
    My friend had an oops number 4 after being told not to have a fourth and everything with the pregnancy and delivery went totally fine. I have had 3 and I am considering a fourth. If I don't go for four it won't be because of the CS though. Congratulations!
  • Options
    I am going to have my third and last and am nervous. No advise but I empathize!!! My last 2 were emergency (second a failed VBAC) so having a planned one for some reason scares me!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    I will be having my third in a few weeks. My doctor said she doesn't worry until the 5th one. A woman I work with just had her 5th and said it was the easiest. I think it depends on your body and scar tissue! I
  • Options
    I've had four c/s. The pregnancies were not affected by having multiple c/s, other than sometimes my scar hurt from stretching. Nothing serious.

I'm having a complication recovering from my fourth c/s, but it is not related to having so many c/s and hasn't affected how my stomach heals. Before having children, I had other surgery in the same area, so I already had the same cut as a c/s, and for me, each time my abdomen gets cut, it's a little easier to bounce back.

• Options
    This will be my fourth but I'm not really freaking out because after my third I know my doctor is awesome and I'm in great hands.
  • Options
    I've had four c sections and one vaginal.... Planning number 5 as the last one was perfect