May 2015 Moms

7 weeks post, extreme lower abdominal pains

I've had this problem happen to me a few times now within the past two weeks, certain times when I need to pass a bowel movement I get an extreme cramping feeling so sharp and painful in the lower abdominal area I can't stand up straight, walk or barely talk. I just freeze and hunch over, I feel like my contractions wernnt this bad of a pain lol but I'm wondering if anyone else experiences this? It doesn't happen everyone I need to have a bowel movement, it's random when it happens.

Re: 7 weeks post, extreme lower abdominal pains

• Kye042Kye042 member
    I had lower abdominal pain that was consistent and even hurt to the touch. It turned out that I had an infection with my uterus which is common with unplanned c sections.
  • Hmm, I didn't have a c section and it comes randomly so fast right before I need to go to the bathroom it's consistent at all. I just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this but I am defiantly going to call my doctor just to see what she says about it
  • Loading the player...
  • Kye042Kye042 member
    Good luck! Hope you're ok.
  • A friend of mine had gauze accidentally left inside of her from her delivery (vaginal) and it caused her pain. I hope this isn't what happened to you, but it could be something to check.
  • Sounds exactly like what I had, uterine infection and I had a vaginal birth. Exact same symptoms. I would not wait and go to Dr right away - I waited too long and had to take 2.5 weeks of antibiotics which sucked cause I was BF. Good luck...I hope you don't have it though :)