January 2015 Moms

Rolling over

my daughter is about 5.5 months old and refuses to roll from her belly to back. She has done it before a handful of times with her first being over a month ago. She rolls from her back to belly all the time including at night in her crib but becomes upset once she's on her belly and will not roll back over. If she does this at night should we go roll her back or let her try to roll back since we know she can?

Re: Rolling over

• My boy does the same! He is a pro at back to belly then plays and wiggles across the floor but then screams! Will not go belly to back...I think it's cause his arm is in the way and he doesn't realise he can tuck it under?? I put a small teddy or rolled up blanket in his cot that way he goes to roll over in the night but can't go all the way and rolls back again x
  • aziz4aziz4 member
    My son just started doing this! He doesn't know how to go on his back makes me nervous when he is sleeping At night. He is a crazy sleeper and moves around so much one second he is side ways in the crib or completely upside ( head is were feet would be) to nervous to put anything in his crib....
  • Loading the player...
  • My daughter does the opposite she rolls from her belly to her back and can't figure out how to return to her belly she'll wake up from a dead sleep because of this we just roll up one of her thicker baby blankets and stuff it under her crib sheet