June 2015 Moms

Just for fun - what's the best thing about not being pregnant anymore (other than baby)

My apologies if this has already been done, I thought it'd be fun to discuss all the things that we're loving about not being pregnant anymore.

Now that my boobs have started to go down, I can finally lie on my stomach again. Damn that felt good! Plus I can wash my own feet in the shower (DH was having to help me with that one in the last few weeks of pregnancy). Also coffee :)

Re: Just for fun - what's the best thing about not being pregnant anymore (other than baby)

• Loading the player...
  • gemkwgemkw member
    Not having to go to the loo every 5 mins is amazing.
  • My heartburn is gone and I'm not up five times a night to go pee. Also, DS isn't ramming his head into my pelvic bone anymore. That's a major plus! I can shave my legs now too. :)
  • ksimo6ksimo6 member
    No more shots of heparin everyday, no more heartburn, no more swelling and water retention....

Wine. Lots of delicious wine.
    • Married 6/1/2012
    • BFP #1 - 11/17/2012 -  MC 12/10/2012
    • BFP #2 - 2/12/2013 - EDD 10/17/2013 - DD Born 10/10/2013
    • BFP #3 - 1/29/2014 - Ectopic pregnancy discovered 1/31/2014
    • BFP #4 - 9/28/2014 - EDD 6/4/2015 - DS Born 5/31/2015

• I'm not on bed rest and I can drink wine!!!!
  • So many things: margaritas, non-maternity clothes, no heartburn, being able to bend over or go up stairs without being out of breath. I could go on...
  • I actually miss being pregnant.... But I love being able to sleep on my stomach again, eating cold cuts, and not peeing every hour. Ate sushi for the first time last week and it was heavenly!! Haven't had any alcohol yet.... It's been nearly a year since I drank, our wedding anniversary is at the end of this month, and we have a bottle of Dom Perignon that we will celebrate with. Figure I'll wait til that to make it special. :)

Pregnancy Ticker

• I can wear flip flops without having the indents on the tops of my feet!!! Also I stopped chewing ice!
  • ...Not being anxious that each time I'm in the grocery store that my water is going to break everywhere. Lol
  • I wish I could say I wasn't still wearing maternity clothes. Alas, the weight will come off. I love sleeping on my stomach. Though I do miss LO's kicks.
  • Insane water retention, carrying around a 9# watermelon all day then trying to find a comfortable sleeping position only to be woken up to pee when my bladder was 2 Tbsp full.
  • 1. Sleeping on stomach
    2. No heartburn
    3. Rolling over in bed and getting in/out with ease.
    4. Impending excellent sex!
  • Sleeping on my stomach.. Even though it doesn't last long I-)
  • HayesRN13 said:

Sleeping on my stomach.. Even though it doesn't last long I-)

How do you guys sleep on your stomach?? My boobs are always killing me
  • Smaller boobs, getting off the couch without feeling like a beached whale, not going through tp like crazy becauE I was peeing every 3 seconds, no tailbone pain, not having to answer stupid questions like "you're still pregnant?"
  • seeing everything else sucks, probably just the fact that im at my pre pregnancy weight after only a week of LO being on the outside.
    was honestly a huge concern for me so its a relief that its already gone.
  • Laying on my stomach for sure!
    No more heartburn :)
    I'm not a total bitch anymore (excuse the language) =))
    Ohhh and my sex drive is back 8->
  • No swollen legs, ankles & feet, although my feet are a 1/2 size bigger now. Not out of breath. Being able to sleep (until LO wakes up). Being at my pre-preg weight. No diabetes.
  • Alcohol. Just alcohol.
  • No more heartburn!! That was the worst.
  • I'm walking around 30 pounds lighter & it's great. I can see the bones in my ankles again. I can walk without terrible back pain. I can sit without back pain. & I can sleep without back pain! (Minus the pain from my bad posture while nursing..) plus I don't have that awful uncomfortable pressure in my pelvis! I'm not freaking out about when I'll go into labor! I can drink wine & get in the hot tub! Not being pregnant is great! :D
  • UO- I miss being pregnant. My last trimester was great compared to the hell of the other two.

But I'm happy I can have a beer. Or a margarita. Also a million times less anxiety about the wellbeing of LO inside. And sleeping without that damn snoogle b
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.