High-Risk Pregnancy

High BP @ 21 weeks

Super concerned that I am having signs of early pre-eclamsia.  I have high blood pressure, fatigue & swollen feet/ankles.  Haven't had any protein in my urine, but just competed a 24 hour urine collection and did blood work last week.  That will tell us more, but very concerned that this was so sudden and I am still so early in my first pregnancy.    

Re: High BP @ 21 weeks

• I dint have high blood pressure...yet, but did they tell you anything that you could do to try to help? My mother-in-law said that she had it. I'm sorry that's happening to you, it probably just makes your blood pressure higher!
  • als8711als8711 member
    I had that with my first so I'm high risk for it again.  I've been on baby aspirin since 14 weeks and am also using magnesium lotion on my belly before bed.  It's supposed to help lower bp, but if it doesn't it's at least making me sleep very soundly all night long when before I was waking up at 3-4am every night.  I'm eating a high protein diet (80-100g of protein a day) and staying as active as I can (although I'm having SPD pain so it's becoming more difficult to go for walks).  Unfortunately there isn't a ton you can do, but if just your bp is high they can put you on medicine to keep it lower.  Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • I also have hypertension. I've had a 24 hour urine and plenty of rounds of lab work. Fingers crossed no protein but I am swelling a bit. I feel good though. Thinking of you and hope all results come back clear.
  • Make sure you drink lots of water! I have also had the 24 hr urine and it came back okay. BP is so far controlled by Meds, but my doc said that you can still have normal readings and get pre e. So you may be okay and just have to go on Meds if you aren't! Everything will be okay!
  • I just got diagnosed with early onset preeclampsia at 20 weeks. BP ranging from 140/90-150/105. I'm currently on Adalat XL 30 mg which has brought it down to 140/85 average. I'm still only at +1 for protein so not having too much issues so far. Best of luck!