April 2015 Moms
Options

Milestones

mommy3lovemommy3love member
edited June 2015 in April 2015 Moms
my son will be 3 months on the 3rd he was born only 5lbs full term. I feel he is a little behind he's not very good with holding his head and he hates hates tummy time. Should I be worried

Re: Milestones

• Options
    RSupryRSupry member
    No not unless your doctor is, every baby is different. If you are concerned ask your baby's doctor.
  • Options
    No need to worry, my daughter was 7lbs full term and still doesn't hold her head up and she's 2 and a half months. She too hates tummy time
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My daughter is three months on the 2nd. She was born at 6 lbs 14 oz. she hates tummy time so I trie to hold her at an upright position so she can work on holding her head up.
  • Options
    I've found that my son hates tummy time on the floor. Even with a thicker quilt under him for a bit of cushion. But if I put him boppy pillow on the couch, he doesn't mind it. Maybe try a different location??
  • Options
    I feel like I'm in the same boat, my son will be 3 months on the 6th of July and he also doesn't care for tummy time. Every time he is on his tummy he lifts his head just enough to mouth the mat/blanket he is on the that's all he does. I'm worried he will never lift his head or shoulders off the floor. 
  • Options
    lmk115lmk115 member
    My son also isn't a huge fan but a I found a couple positions that he will stay in for awhile. Propped on a pillow or boppy is one. Or roll a burp cloth up and put it under his arms and shoulders, it helps prop them up a little so they aren't just face first on the ground. Last one is the super man- put them on your shins while you lay on your back and they will be looking down at you. It helps becaus they can still see mommy and you can put there chin in between your knees if they really can't hold their head at all.
  • Options
    npagetnpaget member
    Ok, I feel so much better now! My son hates tummy time too and he'll be 11 weeks tomorrow. I have tried "assisted sitting" where I'll lightly put my hands under his arms and let him practice keeping his head and neck straight for a few minutes. I'll lay him down to give him breaks in between. I still try tummy time but he'll just bury his face and cry most of the time. But when I hold him he keeps his head up. I think he's just being dramatic sometimes.
  • Options
    I think a lot of babies hate tummy time! Mine is 2 months old and doesn't like it for more than a couple minutes but if he's laying on mine or my husband's chest he'll lift his head up to see our face and he can hold his head up pretty well when we hold him or sit him up on our lap. Plus like everyone said, babies develop at different rates! Just like no pregnancy is the same, no baby is the same either!