March 2015 Moms
Options

4 month sleep regression??

Anyone experiencing this yet?? I was so proud that LO was sleeping 10 hours a night. Now he's waking every two hours again! Any tips on getting LO back to a good sleep schedule?? Thanks!

Re: 4 month sleep regression??

• Options
    Mine is doing the opposite. She is sleeping way more than I expected she would. She sleeps 12-13 hours a night and still takes a 3 hour nap in the afternoon... She will usually take a 30 min cat nap in the morning too. I'm hoping it's a sign she is growing and not that she is getting sick!
  • Options
    Unfortunately yes. She was sleeping about 8-9 hours, nursing and going back to sleep for another few hours. She had a growth spurt last weekend that seemed to throw everything off. Now she's sleeping for about 4-5 hours and then waking every 1-2 hours for the rest of the night.
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh no .... I'm dreading this!! I don't have any advice. My first was a terrible sleeper. I hope with this one he can learn to soothe himself a little sooner than my first? I used to jump up and go to #1 with every cry. This time I plan to wait a few mins and see if #2 calms down without my help.

Only thing I can say is hang in there! This too shall pass :)
  • Options
    We've been battling with this for a week or so now. A mum I know gave me some good advice - know the difference between a cry, and a fuss. If she's fussing, she'll probably go back to sleep. If she's crying then go to her and do your bedtime routine again. Hope this helps, it is for us so far!
  • Options
    I had forgotten all about this phase.  Its funny the things we push out of our memories.  Its started again and its seriously wearing me out.  I was really getting used to sleeping all night long.  I just need to keep telling myself that its a phase, she'll outgrow it.  But UGH...mama is tired chasing a 2 year old and being awake at night with a 4 month old.  Hubby tells me to wake him and he'll help or take care of her, but there's no point in both of us being awake & cranky from lack of sleep.  (And seriously, how can you not hear her??  She's 3 feet from our bed?? ;) )
  • Options
    I am wondering the same thing. My baby was sleeping all night and then last night started waking up every 3 hours. I am hoping she will get through this phase quickly. I'm exhausted today!
  • Options
    I am in the middle of this now! It's been insane! He has been sleeping in our bed because he's so clingy and just want to be comforted/held a lot. He's also very fussy and we've had nights where he would cry and fight going to sleep for TWO HOURS! I have the wonder weeks app and it's amazing! It says we have 14 days left in leap 4 which is the leap when sleep regression hits. The last two nights haven't been as bad and once he goes to sleep he sleeps for a few hours.... The longest stretch has been 7 hours. One day at a time! We will make it through haha. Lots and lots of coffee!!
  • Options
    EDWHIPEDWHIP member
    Our son's sleep took a hit right at the four month mark.  With our daughter we ferberized at 6 months.  We decided not to wait this time and started two nights ago.  He's already sleeping through the night.  If you are up to the task of ferberizing, I recommend starting now.  I also highly suggest checking the book out of the library.  It's not what people thing- crying it out.  You are teaching your lo to fall asleep on their own and you enter the room at intervals to let him or her know that you are there and it's ok.  The first night out lo cried for a total of 40 minutes (with intervals of calming).  Last night it took 22.  We've already seen such an improvement.  It's been a life saver for the whole family.  Now I can put our daughter to bed instead of rocking him for hours on end.  I can actually get stuff done after bedtime!  I know the Ferber method doesn't work for everyone, but it worked for us!  The book- Solve Your Child's Sleep Problems.  There is a lot of useful info in the book and you don't need to read it cover to cover.  Lots of great tips on naps and a great educational guide to the science of sleep.

Good luck!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My baby was sleeping like a champ! 8-10 hours and then started to get very stuffy at night. She wakes up and starts snorting like she cannot breath through her nose and freaks out. I've tried saline solution which the Dr recommended and try to get some of the boogies out. We've also tried a humidifier but I'm not sure that helped much. Any ideas? Thx
  • Options
    hlippert said:

My baby was sleeping like a champ! 8-10 hours and then started to get very stuffy at night. She wakes up and starts snorting like she cannot breath through her nose and freaks out. I've tried saline solution which the Dr recommended and try to get some of the boogies out. We've also tried a humidifier but I'm not sure that helped much. Any ideas? Thx

My baby HATES it, but I bought baby arm & hammer saline (it has Sesame Street characters on it) that has a more forceful spray and you hold baby on side and use until saline comes out of the other side. Repeat on other nostril. It flushes the nasal cavity out similar to a netti pot.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    For SuzyQ and all the M15 losses

• Options
    It's so encouraging to hear in not alone in this. All last week my daughter slept 6-8 hrs, ate, then slept 3-4 more. I got too used to it cause Friday she started waking up after 4 hours and then last night was up every 2.5 hours! I've been getting so discouraged. Does anyone have an idea as to how long this phase lasts? Mommy's really tired!
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat...LO was sleeping 8-10 hrs, then a week or two ago started waking every 2.5 hours! And it only takes a little rocking and maybe a bit of nursing to get him back to sleep (10 mins tops) but once the sun's up, all bets are off. I've had to put him in the bed with us just to get a couple extra hours of sleep. I'm not sure if that's doing more harm than good. But I was so glad to actually be able to sleep a full night! I'll be glad when this phase is over...though I'm sure something else will just crop up, right? ;)
  • Options
    HmtB1HmtB1 member
    I would stand with the baby in the bathroom, close the door, and run a hot shower before bedtime or whenever he would be stuffy. The steam loosened everything up so I could suction and the white noise would relax him. And humidifiers helped us during the winter.
  • Options
    Mine too! Right at 4 months he went from sleeping thru the night since 9 weeks old to getting up 2-3 times a night! I'm hoping it is just a growth spurt tho because he also wants to eat every 3 hours on the dot! He's also having massive melt downs now too if he's hungry or tired. Any advice on getting thru this period would be great!
  • Options
    Count me in for the sleep regression nightmare. My son is 3.5 months old and had been sleeping 8 hours a night like a total champion, but now is up every few hours having a freak out. He goes to sleep between 7and 8, then farts himself awake a bit later, and then it's all over. We recently transitioned him to a crib and are trying to let him cry it out a few minutes to see if he'll get better at soothing himself back to sleep before we go to comfort him. Never a great feeling going from thinking you have this baby thing down, and then realizing that you're actually clueless. Damnit!
  • Options
    For two weeks right about 4 months my daughter would wake up every 45-90 minutes all night. She wouldn't sleep it was insane. I tried everything to start sleep training except CIO and they are just too young. I let my daughter sleep in the rnp in our room at night and then on me or H during the day until she started sleeping longer. It took about 2 weeks and she's back to sleeping almost through the night in her crib in her room. Don't sweat, just relax and let them sleep when and where they will right now and wait it out. It will get better!

Surprise! Baby #2 EDD 7/28/17
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My daughter NEVER sleeps through the night maybe when she was a month old but it only lasted for a couple of days
  • Options
    My LO has slept for 10-12 hours a night for the past 2 months now. She will have a hour nap in the day at most but I've gotten so used to it and I know it's not going to last for much longer (Fingers crossed)! She's a very active child and tends to keep herself away in the day as she's scared of missing something, that's how nosey she is! I'm hoping his routine will last when I transfer her into her own bedroom very soon!