November 2015 Moms

Short middle names for Benjamin

Benjamin ________ Spence

Any short middle name suggestions??

Re: Short middle names for Benjamin

• David? Or were you thinking one syllable?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • David
    Adam
    James
    Henry
  • Loading the player...
  • Doesn't have to be one syllable since he will most likely go with Ben as an adult. We're just having a hard time with a middle name :-S
  • David
    Adam
    James
    Henry

I really like James.
  • I think of Benjamin as a more traditional name so maybe your one of your LO's grandfather's or great-grandfather's name would make a good middle name.
  • My brother's name is Benjamin Ryan.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ray, Liam, Allen
  • I like james
  • kwaldykwaldy member
    I like Ryan, David, Thomas, Paul, Wyatt, and the like.
    I found a website a while back with 4 letter boys names (just Google it and it should be like the 2nd page that pops up) if you want really short names.
  • Lee
    Ryan

I also like James, with my last son I wanted Brayden James but my husband didn't like BJ for the initials for first and middle so we went with Brayden Thomas
  • Benjamin is on our list too and his middle name would be Phillip after my husband 
  • urby87urby87 member
    I like Allen or Adam.
  • Franklin.
    Button.

... I also like Adam, Thomas, and Ryan.

Graham, Dean, and Quinn (my husband's name) stood out for me on here:

https://www.theartofnaming.com/2013/07/one-syllable-given-names-for-boys.html?m=1
  • Personally I like Paul.

Wouldn't go with a "J" name due to initials.... An "A" name would make him a bad a** (whether you like that or not?!)
  • Noey80Noey80 member
    Bo.
    Or you could do an initial
  • My brother is Benjamin and his middle name is my fathers name plus a family name that is passed down to the first born son in every generation (since the 1600's so it's super cool!)

Could he share his fathers middle name? Or grandfathers name or something?
    YCSWU
  • Personally I like Paul.

Wouldn't go with a "J" name due to initials.... An "A" name would make him a bad a** (whether you like that or not?!)

Haha, yea my brother has the initials B.A.D.S.
    YCSWU
  • Post this on the name board, under speciality. Seriously those ladies are amazing and have an endless selection of names! I did yesterday and they've sorted me right out
  • urby87urby87 member
    edited July 2015
    mamavbs said:
    Post this on the name board, under speciality. Seriously those ladies are amazing and have an endless selection of names! I did yesterday and they've sorted me right out
    I posted with an unusual first name and got chewed out royally (with a couple of exceptions who did have some legitimate suggestions).  Benjamin is probably safe, though. ;)
  • My husband is Benjamin Charles.

photo 2c2eea5b-cb3d-4ba5-8e22-39fd2841956b_zps4ux1rnnr.jpg

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• @urby87 Ah no, that sucks!!! I've noticed they're not really fans of anything too unusual. This is why I loved the board though, i can't and won't tell people in real life our names because I just DONT want their opinions. They're irrelevant to me and everyone has something to say lol
  • urby87urby87 member
    mamavbs said:
    @urby87 Ah no, that sucks!!! I've noticed they're not really fans of anything too unusual. This is why I loved the board though, i can't and won't tell people in real life our names because I just DONT want their opinions. They're irrelevant to me and everyone has something to say lol
    You know, it's okay.  I know not everybody is a fan of unusual names, and you can't please everybody.  We have told the people close to us and gotten lots of positive feedback outside of the internet, so I'm going to call that good.
  • JessicaS0914JessicaS0914 member
    edited July 2015
    Noey80 said:
    Bo. Or you could do an initial

Huh? An initial, by definition, is the first letter of a full name. Do people really do just 1 letter middle names?
  • Franklin. Button. ... I also like Adam, Thomas, and Ryan. Graham, Dean, and Quinn (my husband's name) stood out for me on here: https://www.theartofnaming.com/2013/07/one-syllable-given-names-for-boys.html?m=1
    Button.  Yes please do that.
    YCSWU 

• urby87 said:

mamavbs said:

Post this on the name board, under speciality. Seriously those ladies are amazing and have an endless selection of names! I did yesterday and they've sorted me right out

I posted with an unusual first name and got chewed out royally (with a couple of exceptions who did have some legitimate suggestions).  Benjamin is probably safe, though. ;)

Our name gets like.. 60/40 feedback. When people hate it they haaaate it. Oh well! Don't curr. It's spelled correctly at least. ;)
  • My husband's name is Benjamin Martin.  It's a strong name but also short. :)
  • kmd91kmd91 member
    edited July 2015

Noey80 said:

Bo.
    Or you could do an initial

Huh? An initial, by definition, is the first letter of a full name. Do people really do just 1 letter middle names?

--------

I went to school with a kid named H. Not like that was a nickname or something, his legal first name was literally just the letter H. So I wouldn't doubt there are some people that do a 1 letter middle name.
  • urby87urby87 member
    kmd91 said:
    Noey80 said:
    Bo. Or you could do an initial

-------- I went to school with a kid named H. Not like that was a nickname or something, his legal first name was literally just the letter H. So I wouldn't doubt there are some people that do a 1 letter middle name.
    I believe one of my husband's grandfathers had a single letter for a middle name.  Not very common, but it is done sometimes.
  • We're having a girl but if it was a boy it was going to be Benjamin Michael.